PDA

View Full Version : Lighting upgrades! PICS

Luke318is
07-07-2006, 12:58 PM
Heres a few lighting upgrades that im thinking about folks, check it out

First, Clear signal light lenses

Get some CLEAR side markers and try the LED wedge bulbs for sidemarkers

Spend your wad (400 bucks) and get the full angel eyes H1 assembly (yes e30)

"Complete angel eyes assemblies for your BMW! Ever since "angel eyes" upgrades first became available on the 5 series 97 thru 03, other BMW owners have been asking for angel eyes replacement lamps for their cars. Well, your patience has been rewarded. Plus we've upgraded the headlamps! Each kit includes a pair of high beam/low beam headlight assemblies containing Euro-style H1 bulbs that let you dial in the wattage you prefer for brighter illumination. Installation is relatively straightforward using the included relay and wiring harnesses. "

All from catalogue, warranties and all.

Any thoughts?

NOTORIOUS VR
07-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Well to be honest... On a red car I like smoked side markers better... I dont' like ANY type of BLUE lighting... it looks stupid and it's illegal.

As for the angel eye headlights... I'm not a fan at all... it belongs on newer BMW's only. I'd much rather get a set of euro headlights with the city lights on them... but to each their own I guess.

Luke318is
07-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Yea smoked are nice, and you can still upgrade the bulbs to be brighter behind the smoked lense so it doesent look dim and crappy.

Ive never seen a pic of an e30 with angel eyes, the concept sounds nice, id be curious to see a pic if anyone has one

ara325
07-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Ive never seen a pic of an e30 with angel eyes, the concept sounds nice, id be curious to see a pic if anyone has one

The ones in your pic look the most professional that i've seen. But personally, i don't like angel i's, like NotoriousVR said that they belong on new Bizzles only. On ethirtyeez they look like you're trying too hard..just my opinion tho. Like your custom user title says...keep it clean*th-up*

paul christians
07-07-2006, 07:39 PM
you must post PIC when you are done the up-grrade.......

Mystikal
07-07-2006, 08:30 PM
1. Clear signals/sidemarkers look weird on E30s. They're in BLACK trim, smoke them. Making them clear just draws more attention, which is the opposite of clean.

2. "Super white" crap doesn't belong anywhere near an E30. This is a 15 year old German car, Japanese rice trends should have no contact with it.

3. Those are terrible Depo assemblies. Buy them and you regret it immediately, because they were either already be falling apart or just start letting water in the first time you wash them. If you want ellipsoids, get Hella or Bosch and nothing else.

4. Don't buy anything from Bavarian Autosport. Thet only sell overpriced crap (save for a very few select items), and are essentially exploiting middle-aged "enthusiasts" who beleive everything they read in their pretty catalogues. Be smart, and buy elsewhere.

Luke318is
07-08-2006, 03:50 AM
Good shit guys, can always count on this board for clear thinking.