PDA

View Full Version : Cf Tape???

Kal
11-13-2002, 04:29 PM
is there a such thing as carbon fibre tape??

and where can i get it from??

has anybody had any experience in using it??

i heard u can make like eyelids and shit out of it

SpoolinS6
11-13-2002, 05:32 PM
yeah it exists its made by i chink 3m? dunno but i no where u can get it need any info pm me!

Jase
11-13-2002, 09:22 PM
you can get it from uscomposites, carb.com I think it is like 6"-20" tape sold by the foot. I have web addresses if you need it. and a site on how to make your own panels and parts from carbon.
PM me if you want info
Jase

jeremy
11-13-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Jase
you can get it from uscomposites, carb.com I think it is like 6"-20" tape sold by the foot. I have web addresses if you need it. and a site on how to make your own panels and parts from carbon.
PM me if you want info
Jase

hey throw that website up..is it real cf

Jase
11-13-2002, 10:07 PM
I don't want to advertise..I better not get in $hit.
www.uscomposites.com
http://www.carb.com
and some tips on how to make stuff from carbon fiber
http://www.bryanf.com/info/carbon.htm
The prices are in usd
If anyone knows of a place in canada
pm me*th-up*

Jase
11-13-2002, 10:09 PM
I know where to get carbon but I wanted to know about colouring it..anyone know..I was told it was pigmented. but is that before it is woven or dyed after

jeremy
11-13-2002, 10:14 PM
I don't want to advertise..I better not get in $hit.
www.uscomposites.com
http://www.carb.com
and some tips on how to make stuff from carbon fiber
http://www.bryanf.com/info/carbon.htm
The prices are in usd
If anyone knows of a place in canada
pm me*th-up*

i want cf door panels...... someone make em' for me ???

Jase
11-13-2002, 10:23 PM
I just reveived 3 yards of the fabric and am doing my own parts. I was hoping to pigment it but I am not sure the stuff I bought will do it.

i want cf door panels...... someone make em' for me ???
Unless you have a mold set up you need the door panels you have to lay the cf overtop them. Are you looking to do the whole panel, armrests and all?

jeremy
11-13-2002, 10:33 PM
I just reveived 3 yards of the fabric and am doing my own parts. I was hoping to pigment it but I am not sure the stuff I bought will do it.

Unless you have a mold set up you need the door panels you have to lay the cf overtop them. Are you looking to do the whole panel, armrests and all?

no man...just like 1/2 sheet across with a cut out for the hanldes..no moldins , nuthing ,just flat...

Jase
11-13-2002, 10:41 PM
what about arm rests? Just want it left out?

no man...just like 1/2 sheet across with a cut out for the hanldes..no moldins , nuthing ,just flat...

I pm'd you
:idea: :idea: :idea:

Kal
11-14-2002, 03:11 PM
has anybody made anything out of them??

eg. eyelids??

djcontra
11-14-2002, 03:31 PM
basically working with carbon fiber is like working with fiberglass (at least to my understanding it's similar)

i would attempt to make your prized aftermarket parts in fiberglass first because it costs WAY less and materials can be found at canadian tire.
Once you have that down pact move up to the expensive materials
after you already have the molds ready

jeremy
11-14-2002, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jase
[B]what about arm rests? Just want it left out?

no arm rest's just flat cf across...

*th-up*

mpower1226
11-14-2002, 06:20 PM
Can you guys explain some of these terminology.
"Pigmented" "Weaved" "dyed"

Can somebody make me a CF hood?

one more question, ifyou get the carbon fibre sheet
then How do you make a clear layer over the CF?

when you look at CF hood, you know there are clear layer over top?

mpower1226
11-14-2002, 06:21 PM
and maybe someone could make me a oem m3 front lip
layed with CF

Jase
11-15-2002, 12:36 AM
So I have found this is how it works...The clear you see is resin if you need a strong panel or part it needs to be backed with more C/F or fiberglass and foam core.Also I can be coloured, you can dye the cf a solid colour or pigment the resin to give a tinted colour in any colour. When you pigment the resin you canstil see the weave. The C/f is only one part of the cost. You need fiberglass, resin, flocks, foam core, a pice of glass to make the part on and a weel ventilated area. You can cover existing parts with C/f but it needs to be clean and free of any protectants. Also you will not get any strenght with a part you covered in C/F. One of the Links I left has some tips on the making of panels.
*drink* *drink* *drink* *drink* *drink* *drink* *drink* *drink*