PDA

View Full Version : Rotel Home Theater Receiver

Hibbing
07-01-2006, 08:00 AM
Rotel RSX-972 in excellent condition. All functions work perfectly and in mint condition. Original remote control, box and power cord is included. The unit features Dolby Digital and DTS decoding with multi-channel inputs and 5.1 ch preouts, 75 watts x 5 channels. Much, much better than Yamahas, Pioneers etc.

I have heard many people refer to Rotel gear as delivering audiophile fidelity at a consumer price. This was never as true as when I had the 972 in my home system. The sound quality trumped my Denon, and just about anything I've had in the rack. The 972 was big, easy, smooth… all of the usual buzzwords used to describe pleasant sound. But, in this case, they made perfect sense. It was also very dynamic. In bass heavy, big beat music, it was fast as hell. In complex, mid-rangey music it kept everything in order and very coherent. Marantz have some of the more "musical" receivers I have heard, but the Rotel ran with the best of them and sounded as sweet as could be. The 972 is not a budget receiver, but its performance happily betrays its price category.

The RSX-972 is undoubtedly a winner; its music and movie performance is exceptional, and the bewildering array of connections affords unrivalled system integration possibilities at this level.

Priced to sell quickly.

propr'one
07-01-2006, 04:03 PM
how much$?

Hibbing
07-01-2006, 04:12 PM
$425.

Swerve
07-04-2006, 07:08 PM
pm'd