PDA

View Full Version : Sidewall Bubble

Daddy
06-25-2006, 10:41 AM
I know it's kinda early to talk about winters, but...

So I thought I got a good deal for my car as the dealer (non-BMW) threw in a set of used OEM BMW alloy rims with Goodyear Eagle winter tires. Nothing fancy about the wheels - the 10 spoke ones from a sedan. Tread was about 7/32nds, so not great, but should last me a couple of winters.

One of the tires has a big bubble on the sidewall. Gotta be replaced. But what are my options? Probably replace two of the four since you shouldn't have different tread patterns on same-axle wheels? Assuming I could still get a similar Goodyear Eagle, I guess I'd have to shave it down do 7/32nds?

I think I may end up getting two new ones, but was hoping there's a good one-tire solution...

Deep 3.2TL
06-25-2006, 06:24 PM
What size are the tires? I'm selling a set of used tires that I had on my BMW (just tires, no rims) that might fit. Mine were the right size for Sedan 6 spoke rims... I have to check the size. Maybe you can get a complete set for a decent price! :)

Deep

Daddy
06-25-2006, 08:50 PM
205/50/17. What kind of tires?

Deep 3.2TL
06-25-2006, 09:58 PM
Nevermind.... I think mine are 16's.... I'll check though... not in use since I sold the bimmer...

Deep