PDA

View Full Version : Another E30, and a quick question

Bandi
06-19-2006, 12:22 AM
Just picked up my 5th E30, an '84 318i. It's been parked for 4 years, I got it running, idles great, however, it won't rev at all, checked the TPS, working fine, I'm kinda leaning towards fuel pressure or a clogged cat (Need to wait till I'm back at work monday to get my pressure gauge)... however, if anyone else has had this problem and it was something else, please let me know!

For $250, I didn't care if the car had an engine... body is excellent, the brown leather interior is in great shape, and it has 4 new tires, they aren't expensive ones by any means, but they'll work, I'm not racing this one.

It's got 255,000 km on the clock, but the engine was replaced at 220,000 with a rebuild after the owner hit a racoon and took out the oil cooler.

ZiMMie
06-19-2006, 01:04 AM
oil cooler, i dont think these motors ever came equip with one.
nice score is it 5-speed or auto?let me know if u wanna get rid of it.

Bandi
06-19-2006, 11:24 PM
It was an aftermarket oil cooler, no longer there. Can't see myself selling it any time soon, I never seem to get rid of euro cars. It's a 5 speed, which made the deal that much nicer... I'm also pretty sure it has a Z3 short shifter in it, it feels like the shifter bushings are brand new, and the throw is really short compared to my other E30s.