PDA

View Full Version : M-tech rear bumper with blackline lights

ImolaMZ3
06-18-2006, 12:12 AM
Well, all the repairs are done and the first round of mods are complete. So far I think it looks great. The blacklines really make a difference in the overall look. I almost did a complete M-tech kit but just couldn't warm up to the front and side skirts looked to close to stock. I did have the grey insert painted body color, black saphire, as I ponder spending the extra for the carbon fiber or wait for the ACS insert. For the front I bought a pair of the replica carbon fiber lips off of this site and had them fitted to the front. For now I have a set of 330 chrome grills installed as the old grills get the surrounds painted body color. When they are done I will keep whichever I like best. Now for wheels.....

Justin e36
06-20-2006, 02:28 AM
I love it... post up a side shot!

King Luis
06-20-2006, 02:46 PM
i love those tails. car is looking sweet. ya, definitly need a side and angle shot.

XI JR IX
06-21-2006, 12:22 PM
looks good.. =) pics are really dark and hard to see though..

ImolaMZ3
06-21-2006, 06:47 PM
I'll post some new pics on the weekend. I use a brand new camera and was playing with the exposure settings. A little too dark as you said. I'll take some overall and side shots.

XI JR IX
06-22-2006, 01:23 PM
I'll post some new pics on the weekend. I use a brand new camera and was playing with the exposure settings. A little too dark as you said. I'll take some overall and side shots.

no worries hehe =) my pics sucked when I took some shots.. I've gotta get on that..

Who did the install/paint work on this??

Gamite
06-22-2006, 04:57 PM
sick.

ImolaMZ3
06-23-2006, 01:45 AM
Budd's Collision in Oakville did all the work. They did an amazing job but they are not cheap. One walk through their shop and you will understand why.

ImolaMZ3
06-25-2006, 07:45 PM
More photos. Still not great shots but they are from further back.

canucklion
06-25-2006, 08:08 PM
hey, nice blacklines, where and how much did you get it for? I'm thinking of ordering from US as they're about 180USD + shipping nowadays, but am worried about custom fees and crap.

ImolaMZ3
06-25-2006, 10:31 PM
I got the blacklines locally at Budds. Paid $300CDN as I didn't want to deal with customs. When I ordered mine they were still asking over $200 US but I think I still would have gotten them locally. I did get my carbon fiber front lip from the US but the price there was $300 vs over a $1,000 here. Yeah they are replicas but you would never know it. I am thinking about getting a carbon fiber rear spoiler from the US as it soooo much less there.

canucklion
06-25-2006, 10:39 PM
I agree, we're being ass raped big time with the CDN MSRP on everything. I'm looking into the CF replica lip as well, it's rediculous the asking price here in Canada. btw they look nice on your ride.

ImolaMZ3
06-25-2006, 11:18 PM
I can lead you to the guy I got mine from. It worked out really well but I don't know if he has any more CF ones left. I know there is a GB going on in E90post.com for fiberglass versions you can paint. If you are thinking of buying anything from Morrsiontown BMW give me a PM. We could save on shipping if we brought it all in together. BTW, those lips cover a nasty dent in the front lip:)

canucklion
06-25-2006, 11:56 PM
haha, yeah, I'm a member over at E90post as well, same name. I'm still undecided whether to get the lip or the Kerscher bumper ($$, but I really like it).

re. Morrisontown, I actually am thinking of getting the blackline from them, funny though, last time I emailed them via their ebay auction, they told me they don't ship to Canada.

ImolaMZ3
06-26-2006, 09:55 AM
My name on E90post is BLK325. I really should choose a name not related to the car I have at the time. Anyway, I didn't know about Morristown not shipping to Canada. That kinda sucks but it may be worth trying again.

XI JR IX
06-29-2006, 10:17 AM
Can you take a pic of the rear looking at it straight on?

I'm trying to figure out if that bumper would look good on my car or not..

blynch1
07-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Where did you get just the rear m-tech bumper from? I thought the m-tech could only be purchased as an entire kit? I'd also like to just get the rear bumper for the same reasons as you and need to know where to get it by itself. Also did you get it painted at the dealer or a body shop?

Thanks, Brandon

ctgazer
07-05-2006, 09:50 PM
try the dealer..*wiggle*

XI JR IX
07-07-2006, 12:05 PM
try the dealer..*wiggle*

It's like $875 for just the rear bumper.. nowhere has it in stock.. think it takes like 3 weeks straight from Germany.. =)

XI JR IX
07-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Where did you get just the rear m-tech bumper from? I thought the m-tech could only be purchased as an entire kit? I'd also like to just get the rear bumper for the same reasons as you and need to know where to get it by itself. Also did you get it painted at the dealer or a body shop?

Thanks, Brandon

In the US you can only buy the whole kit.. Canada you can buy them seperate.. *th-up*

blynch1
07-07-2006, 07:19 PM
Well that kinda sucks. So my options to just get the rear bumper are to either go to canada, or order it straight from germany and put it on myself?