PDA

View Full Version : diff motors i can shove in my e30???

nismoMan
06-11-2006, 08:19 PM
alright, yes its more non sense questions, the reason i didnt get a 325i was because i paid 500 bucks for a prestein 325es with leather interior and 130k miles. so my question is.... can you guess start a list of motors that can be swapped int otthe e30 325e, and list them with difficulty as far as having to use different motor mounts and such, and also can you list there prices or relative prices and what all i should look for when buying these motors such as, inginitor chips and all the little odds and ends that are needed,... thank you guess so much and also when going from metal bumpers to lets say a reiger gts from bumper, do i need to get the 325i bumper mounting hardware first or will the rieger use what ever mounting points as long as i drill, or what is the deal... and do you guys know if the 325i head will bolt directly onto the 325e cylinders, and can i get the 325 i ecu after wards to be able to rep the rewards of the high reving valve train.... jeseus guys if you can answer these questions i will ****ing through all my dirty cloths in the air in joy lol,

\later guys

Blackout
06-11-2006, 08:26 PM
to upgrade from the metal bumpers you need to find a set of bumpers from any e30 from 88+ then take the plastic rebar from the new set, install it where the metal bumpers were and that will let you put on stock plastic bumers or even a custem set. im sure if i missed something, someone will tell you. talk to fil from eurostyle. he makes his own fibreglass bodykits and knows exactly how to upgrade from the metal bumpers

calegrant
06-11-2006, 11:53 PM
I don't think you should be worrying about motor swaps just yet. You're new to the bmw world obviously and seems like you're new the car world as a whole. No one's going to tell you how do a motor swap on here, but I'm sure someone will point you in the direction of a forum for it.

Mitch Fong
06-12-2006, 10:28 AM
**** sakes man, do a spell check before clicking the damn post button. and a spell check would be easier on the eyes.
anyways, build a stroker with your eta bottom end, get new mm pistons and shorter rods as the 325i rods will push 3mm to high. You can use a 325i head if you can find one. Get the october 2004 edition of total bmw. It will give you a complete write up on what cranks you can use, pistons, heads, and which will give you the most power. I beleive you can do it all with the eta pistons aswell, but you need to build the block about 1.5mm so that the pistons do not travel to high into the head.
I prolly ****ed some shit up there as i typed it fast, but thats the gest of it.

paul christians
06-12-2006, 02:13 PM
there is all kinds that can put in to an e30...m30s,s38,m50,m52,s50,s52,the v8,4.4,4.6,4.8 and even the v12s,much do you have to spent on the up grade??that is the big ???????? here..

nismoMan
06-12-2006, 06:50 PM
I didnt ask you to tell me how to swap a motor, i was mainly asking which motors use the stock motor mounts and will i have to trim stuff such as the fire wall and shit. i understand any motor will fit in anything if you have the money.. im not 3 years old.. i am a mechanic at honda of winston(motorcycles) and i've rebuilt plenty of motors from the crank bearings up! so all i wanted was just a little help on how difficult and what mods needed to be done for each motor.

BMW325BMW
06-12-2006, 08:14 PM
http://bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=458593&page=1

now shut up. difficulty can vary from person to person based on skill levels, so to get an aproximate level of difficulty is tough. read up about what can be done and than judge for yourself if you think you can do it. If you are going to hire a shop to do the work for you than dont waste anyones time by asking dumb questions.

BMW325BMW
06-12-2006, 08:16 PM
oh ya!! one more thing... use the search tool... many of your concerns have been answered all over this board

nismoMan
06-12-2006, 10:47 PM
thanks ,cock gremlin

calegrant
06-13-2006, 12:51 AM
Dude, you've made 4 posts here and proven you know 0 about BMW's. Don't start getting all defensive when people make fun of a post that looks like it was written by a 12 year old who's played one too many street racing game. You're probably just pumped because the new Fast and the Furious movie is due out soon.

98Dinan3
06-13-2006, 01:20 AM
"Dude, you've made 4 posts here and proven you know 0 about BMW's. Don't start getting all defensive when people make fun of a post that looks like it was written by a 12 year old who's played one too many street racing game. You're probably just pumped because the new Fast and the Furious movie is due out soon."

nismoMan
06-13-2006, 08:46 AM
god! how did you know!!!!!!!*thmbsdwn*

NOTORIOUS VR
06-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Dude, you've made 4 posts here and proven you know 0 about BMW's. Don't start getting all defensive when people make fun of a post that looks like it was written by a 12 year old who's played one too many street racing game. You're probably just pumped because the new Fast and the Furious movie is due out soon.

I don't understand what you or the others are complaining about....

his post might not have been well written, but I was able to understand his questions just fine... i never understood why people like you need to be dicks to others just because they didn't type it all out properly.

He asked a legitimate question, and most people just commented about his post instead of answering his questions. So I haven't figured out why u'r on a BMW forum, is it to be a grammar/spelling nazi, or to help and answer peoples questions?

BMW325BMW
06-13-2006, 08:19 PM
thanks ,cock gremlin

no problem... we're here to help *th-up*

static
06-13-2006, 09:26 PM
help: go to r3vlimited.com and search, and try not to play tough on that forum, max comunity are angels compared to r3v, they'll spank you badly

Alex

BMW325BMW
06-14-2006, 06:28 PM
help: go to r3vlimited.com and search, and try not to play tough on that forum, max comunity are angels compared to r3v, they'll spank you badly

Alex

of course if you are into that kind of thing :moon: