PDA

View Full Version : BMW e39 owners.

tomski
06-11-2006, 02:33 AM
Cheers everyone.
I'm looking to replace my 87 535i which runs fine, but needs attention in the suspension department. Also it's getting to a fine line to upgrading the components instead of getting something more modern. I'm still fixed on the older body styles like the 635i, but it's hard to find a good model with a manual tranny and a right price.
Right now I'm drawn on finding a good example of a 540i/6 speed.
I fully understand that the car will need more attention in terms of maintenance and fuel costs, but it's something about these cars for me, I'm a big fan. The 530's are also very nice, but my budget is limited, and I'm picky.
To the owners of the 530i or the 540i, what was the deciding factor in choosing the current model in personal use, I'm in no rush, but just want to make a good decision.
Thanks

Tomski

///Maluco
06-11-2006, 08:55 AM
OHHHHH NOOOOOOO....keep the E28!
There’s a support group for you... www.mye28.com
This site is dedicated to E28 owners and everyone helps you out too with any questions you come across.

There are plenty of upgrades you can still do for your car.
Here's where I was at the end of last month...http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72799
You'll see that there are all types of upgrades that are available, so keep that oldie going.
And if you want to see more, come out to TedFest on July 22, 2006 from 9:30am to 3pm at Parkview BMW...1155 Leslie street, Toronto, Ontario, M3C-2J6. You'll see the crew that went down to 5erFest (E12 and E28 show) and some others that couldn't make it.

windwagen
06-12-2006, 02:01 AM
What other cars offer 8 cylinders, a manual trans (6 gears even!!), RWD, decent handling and performance, 4 doors, and reasonably good interior and trunk space for 3 kids?