PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about selling my e30...

M3ntal Kev
06-06-2006, 03:18 PM
The thought is crossing my mind. I don't have much time to spend driving it and I need something I can thrash daily and put some decent miles on.

Considering the amount of cash I've dropped on the car in the last year, this would be one helluva a deal if someone is looking for a project car with a sorted chassis. This one only needs some power. :D

Axxe
06-06-2006, 03:22 PM
The thought is crossing my mind. I don't have much time to spend driving it and I need something I can thrash daily and put some decent miles on.

Considering the amount of cash I've dropped on the car in the last year, this would be one helluva a deal if someone is looking for a project car with a sorted chassis. This one only needs some power. :D

How much? I'm dead serious.

static
06-06-2006, 03:35 PM
^^ THOUGHT YOU ARE TAKING A BREAK FROM CARS!

j/k

Tomek in k3vinized e30, i'd like to see this in action!

btw, Kev, congrats on selling the RGRs. Thought you were putting an S14 into the 318, why can't you just get a beater for daily?

Kevin's car is in top notch condition, needs to be seen/ridden in to be appreciated

M3ntal Kev
06-06-2006, 03:54 PM
^^ THOUGHT YOU ARE TAKING A BREAK FROM CARS!

j/k

Tomek in k3vinized e30, i'd like to see this in action!

btw, Kev, congrats on selling the RGRs. Thought you were putting an S14 into the 318, why can't you just get a beater for daily?

Kevin's car is in top notch condition, needs to be seen/ridden in to be appreciated

Well, we got the second little one on the way. I have a business opening up shortly.

I could keep the e30 and just stash it in the garage; this is still an option. But the more I think about it, the less likely I will be to finish the project with the S14 etc. And even if I do finish it, there are still a few other cars on my "must own" list such as 1990 BMW M3 Sport Evolution, 1994 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.6, any year F355 to name a few.

I on first thought I'd want around $8k for the car (considering I have over this amount in mod receipts), which is in stellar shape body wise and now is mechanically brand new froma chassis perspective.

On a side note, I also have an S14 drivetrain for sale that will come with the CF DTM airbox and Haltech engine management for those of you looking for a project.

If someone is seriously interested in either the drivetrain or my e30 or both, call me; 416-720-5385.

Cheers,
Kev

Axxe
06-06-2006, 03:56 PM
I am a student, can't afford to spend that much on a "toy" car at this point in my life. I'll just proceed as originally planned with a different rolling shell. Good luck with the sale.

lvan
06-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Axxe, you looking for a clean E30 again?

Axxe
06-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Axxe, you looking for a clean E30 again?

Yes I am.

tominizer
06-06-2006, 08:01 PM
On a side note, I also have an S14 drivetrain for sale that will come with the CF DTM airbox and Haltech engine management for those of you looking for a project.

Can you give me some more info on these things ......... I shouldn't really waste too much of your time as I'm painting the car rite now and going to be pretty broke............. but never know ....... 649 numbers may come in :rolleyes:

BTW, my M-parallels never sold and thus there was no way to afford those wheels you are selling. I'm really surprised someone on S14 hasn't scooped them though

M3ntal Kev
06-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Can you give me some more info on these things ......... I shouldn't really waste too much of your time as I'm painting the car rite now and going to be pretty broke............. but never know ....... 649 numbers may come in :rolleyes:

BTW, my M-parallels never sold and thus there was no way to afford those wheels you are selling. I'm really surprised someone on S14 hasn't scooped them though

I'll put together a list of the mods.

punnzzells
06-07-2006, 05:21 PM
Tom... stay away! :D

I want to see some pic of the CF DTM air box and the Haltec... do I need to run the stand alone system if I run the DTM airbox?

don't sell to Tom...he has enough mods! :D

M3ntal Kev
06-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Tom... stay away! :D

I want to see some pic of the CF DTM air box and the Haltec... do I need to run the stand alone system if I run the DTM airbox?

don't sell to Tom...he has enough mods! :D

You don't need to, but it definitely helps with the overall tuning. The Alpha-N piggy back systems are nice but they really don't offer the depth in tuning that a standalone system can give.

This was the DTM box and S14 as it was in my M3.
http://m3ntal.com/images/CF Intake/P5150129.jpg
http://m3ntal.com/images/CF Intake/P5150132.jpg

BTW, here is a pic of the e30 in question...
http://m3ntal.com/images/318is/P5100694.jpg

punnzzells
06-07-2006, 05:42 PM
sick... you have a huge PM...:D

mike

M3ntal Kev
06-07-2006, 09:13 PM

Rough parts list...

Polyurethane subframe bushings
Polyurethane trailing arm bushings
Polyurethane offset control arm bushings
New steel control arms
Z3 steering rack kit (2.7 turns lock to lock)
New tie rods
New front and rear wheel bearings
New e30 M3 strut housings and spindles
e30 M3 front and rear brakes
25mm master cylinder
New hard brake lines from the MS to back
Braided stainless steel brake lines to replace rubber
e30 M3 front and rear sway bars
500f/750r GC suspension w/custom valved Konis
GC rear shock mounts
Motor Force Camber/Caster plates
4.10 LSD from e30 M3 freshly rebuilt
BBS RY-II 17x8 wheels
Falken Azenis RT615 tires in 215/40/17
New fluids all around

All this stuff on a very clean rust free (minor chips here and there) e30 318is.

Soldo
06-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Hey kev, good luck on the sale, and if you want some help....

Theres a member looking for CLEAN E30, and his price range is what your looking to get. Go check it out, might be a perfect match!

That is ONE CLEAN E30

M3ntal Kev
06-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Hey kev, good luck on the sale, and if you want some help....

Theres a member looking for CLEAN E30, and his price range is what your looking to get. Go check it out, might be a perfect match!

That is ONE CLEAN E30

Thanks, I've PM'd the person. Thanks again for the lead.

Mystikal
06-08-2006, 02:31 AM
The car is seriously underpriced. I'll be shocked if you can't move it.

M3ntal Kev
06-08-2006, 10:46 AM
The car is seriously underpriced. I'll be shocked if you can't move it.

If I can't get my asking price, which I think is very reasonable, I'll just keep the car and stash it in my garage. Honestly, I would prefer to have it go to an enthusiast buyer than sit my garage, but in the end I have to do what makes sense.

The sad part is I'll probably end up leasing a Corolla or Chrysler minivan or something for the next few years.

King Luis
06-08-2006, 10:56 AM
how much for the rims:P
sad to see it go. i say you either drop an s14 in it.

Robb
06-08-2006, 10:58 AM
And even if I do finish it, there are still a few other cars on my "must own" list such as 1990 BMW M3 Sport Evolution, 1994 Porsche 911 Turbo 3.6, any year F355 to name a few.

Now you're talking *th-up*

M3ntal Kev
06-08-2006, 12:12 PM
how much for the rims:P
sad to see it go. i say you either drop an s14 in it.

Not as sad as me. Its been tough coming to terms with it, but I really need a family hauler.

Rims are 5-bolt 17x8, and they'll go with the car unless someone prefers a small price break and 15" basket weaves from an e30 M3.

King Luis
06-08-2006, 12:27 PM
damn 5 bolt.
e30 can be a family hauler. you can fit atleast 3 bodies in the trunk. :D
:idea: go for an e30 wagon *mw* *mw*

M3ntal Kev
06-08-2006, 12:33 PM
damn 5 bolt.
e30 can be a family hauler. you can fit atleast 3 bodies in the trunk. :D
:idea: go for an e30 wagon *mw* *mw*

I hear you, but I don't think I want another BMW for a while, because, to be perfectly honest, I can't keep from tinkering and modding. The best cure for that is to get something with either no aftermarket or something that's 100% transportation, 0% pleasure.

BTW, the guy I sold the BBS RG-Rs to has a gorgeous dark blue e30 touring which will now have a smoking set of rims too.

Stuttgart
06-08-2006, 09:47 PM
whats ur finial price on the e30

M3ntal Kev
06-08-2006, 11:00 PM
whats ur finial price on the e30

$8k as it sits now.

tominizer
06-08-2006, 11:33 PM
KEV, PM me on the price for the airbox although I'm thinking it's likely going to be WAY out of my price range. BTW, I asked before you Mike :moon: ..........although I may not have the dough.

What's even more weird about all this is that my E30 M3 is heading towards looking EXACTLY like your old one KEV............... same color and wheels to boot. I just need more years and dough to tune it to the same level.*mumble*

I just purchased a family hauler from a mechanic buddy as my kids were getting to big for the Audi A4.......... so we picked up a 2001 Audi A6 2.7T. Lotsa room, same motor as an S4 and chipped, 305 HP with similar if not better gas mileage due to the programming. Nice family hauler and cheaper then you might expect!!!

tominizer
06-08-2006, 11:38 PM
Just noticed you looked to be running a push fan on your M.......... interesting.

Specs on the airbox as well please ?

Mtl_e30M3
06-09-2006, 12:27 AM
You have PM