PDA

View Full Version : teaser lol

Woofer
06-06-2006, 03:29 AM
Well shes not finished yet but i'll post up some quick cell phone pics.

Out with the white and in with the gunmetal pearl.

I will post better pics when it's finished.

It was hard to find a good OEM fender so i decided to go with the aftermarket one. I'm gonna have to agree and say that it doesn't fit very well. For the price i can live with it. Thinking about getting rid of the yellow lenses. They make my HIDs look yellowish green. Anyways enjoy

Eurostyle
06-06-2006, 04:40 AM
Congrats, i cant wait to see it in person...you have to stop by for a photo shoot!!!*th-up* *wave*

BMW BMXer
06-06-2006, 08:03 AM
Nice color man, but I woulda hoped you had shaved the roundels again.

Does your hood go over your kidneys now?

Axxe
06-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Looks good. How is the underbody on that car? Get all the rust repaired?

static
06-06-2006, 11:21 AM
looks good! what paint shop did you go with? satisfied?
i'd also like to know about rustfixing

Woofer
06-06-2006, 01:13 PM
well i wasn't expecthing to see that much rust to be honest. When the skirts came off my mouth dropped. The had to weld a lot of new metal
Car was on a hoist and the underbody was inspected and repaired where needed.

BMW BMXer
06-06-2006, 02:32 PM
When the skirts came off my mouth dropped.

Tsk tsk Terry.

:P

Axxe
06-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Somehow "I told you so" just doesn't cut it :P

bmwm5lover
06-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Wow, looks totally hot.
Where exactly was the rust? I know the floors were good. Weird, considering I didn't drive it in the winter.

T.Dot_E30
06-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Wow, looks totally hot.
Where exactly was the rust? I know the floors were good. Weird, considering I didn't drive it in the winter.

You drove it the first winter you had it. You only parked it for one winter. Plus im sure the previous owner drove it in the winter also.

Car looks great allan....but i donno man you could bought an m/s50 e30 with the amount you've spent.

bmwm5lover
06-06-2006, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=T.Dot_E30]You drove it the first winter you had it. You only parked it for one winter. Plus im sure the previous owner drove it in the winter also.
[QUOTE]

That;s correct. First winter i had it was driven, not much, but it saw its fair share. Before I had bought it was parked for nearly 2 years tho, so no winter salt there, and then I parked it for 1 year. When I got it the floors were solid tho, and the fact that it didnt see much winter, I am curious where it had rusted. I mean, it was washed/cleaned regularly.*sad* I miss that car.

Regardless, Alan is turning into a beauty.

Woofer
06-06-2006, 06:56 PM
thanks guys!

Terry the floors where solid and so was most of the body. Just little surface rust. The rocker and front fenders as well as the rear lower driver quarter pannel were the worst , big hole. rockers were completely rusted under the skirts. Now the car atleast meets my standards for a motor transplant. The bad boy look eyebrow was sorta an accident. The hood was bend due to a little miss hap i had and the shop didn't fix it properly. They were aware of the mistake but i like hot it looks. Its different and i love how mean it looks. Hood still needs some adjusting but overall i am very happy.

Trevor you are right.....i know with most of the money i have spent i could own a really nice fast e30, but well you live to learn right? anyways motor work wont be done till after august because thats my bday month and my dad is really excited about the car and wants to help me with the swap. i'll keep you guys updated. I am really thinkin about different rims.....something with some seroius dish. Thanks again guys

e30_kid89
06-06-2006, 06:59 PM
looookin sexxxy......im gonna come down it see it soon alan*wave*

Woofer
06-07-2006, 01:48 AM
here's another shot i took at bimmersport today. Great guys to deal with and very friendly for first time customers. Will do business with them again for sure.

Eurostyle
06-07-2006, 03:14 AM
One more picture at Eurostyle!!!*wave*

Eurostyle
06-07-2006, 03:19 AM
P.S...Alen, looking at that pic^^^^...you were right about the thing we talked about...its not just an illusion!!!

SpoolinS6
06-07-2006, 03:32 AM
so what were u guys talking about ?? LOL

Woofer
06-07-2006, 01:49 PM
same thing wilbert and you were saying jorge. the shop said they would fix it anyways. One of the quarter pannels is a little lighter then the rest of the car. Regardless it's gonna be fixed. Car is goin back tomorro.

BMW BMXer
06-07-2006, 02:39 PM
How come your cars always get painted twice? Do you have a deal at a shop?

Looks soo much better though.

Woofer
06-07-2006, 02:58 PM
well yea he is a friend of the family. Besides im sure any shop that doesn't paint the car properly would redo it right? It's just one section and needs to be repaired. Other then that car came out pretty good.

I love how the front end looks. Looks so mean! lol

Mystikal
06-08-2006, 02:27 AM
I like the colour choice. Especially the front tone. :P

Woofer
06-08-2006, 02:44 AM
lol thanks jay. Do you know where i can find some info on the ls1 conversion? Zimmie has been talking to me about and it sounds very interesting. I would like to learn more about it.

Mystikal
06-08-2006, 02:49 AM
I think we're all just dreamers at this point, although Rocco @ RMP is said to have looked into it seriously. Call him if anything.

Woofer
06-08-2006, 03:07 AM
lol well it's nice to have a dream:D Maybe rocco can drop some input.

Hound
06-08-2006, 05:03 AM
car looks sick man so glad that this is turning out for you considering the stuff you've been through with it.... really look forward to seeing it in person and would love a ride :D

BMW BMXer
06-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Woofer, the closest I have seen is the LS1 in the engine bay over on bimmerforums.

I actually think that it might have been a fake LS1 (light weight mock up)

King Luis
06-08-2006, 11:31 AM
looks sweet. i rather do body work before motor work also.
that is an awesome colour and i would of got that panel fix for sure too.
most bodyshops will give a warrenty too.

bmwm5lover
06-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Came out sweet, although I miss the white. I gotta meet up with ya one day and take a look at it.

static
06-08-2006, 12:09 PM
forget LS1, esspecially now that you painted (IMO paint should be the last step, when everything is done)

If you run LS1 you WILL want to mod it. If you mod it you get 500hp+.
To run this kind of power in an e30 you NEED to seemweld and (or at least just) cage the whole shell all the way to the rear strut towers, otherwise you WILL twist the frame. Also you WILL need wide rear wheels (like 10" wide or more) unless you just want to do smokeshows. You will need widebody for this.
Add 5bolt swap, corvette brakes (with special retrofit kit).... and then ond only then you will really make the most use of the LS1

But if you do all that ^^, this is going to be one true sick E30. Otherwise it'll be a one expensive compromise.

(everything is IMO)
Alex

Woofer
06-08-2006, 01:27 PM
thanks for the kind words guys!

Alex the thought of all that did cross my mind. Just an interest right now. The way things are goping right now i'm not even sure i will still own the car come this winter. Insurance might go up and well i would rather have a good education then a nice car. School is starting so i will need the extra cash. I will enjoy the car for as long as i can and keep it for as long as i can.

racing_trend
06-11-2006, 12:07 AM
alan cant wait to see your car upfront,

who says you need to mod an LS1? a stock LS1 is 300hp at the crank, mate it with a T-56 this e30 will fregen run 12's no problem, i wouldnt even think about touching the motor man, first thing is chassis stiffening, in a 2000 LS1 T/A there is a bit of chassis flex and the car was built for a tourquey V8 an E30? ouch lol, gotta build some serious subframe connectors on that thing, as far as diff, i think the stock 325i comes with a 3.73 lsd right? could be wrong on that, but if you want a fast e30 for the bang for the buck, a SBC is a cheaper powerplant to build coming from a guy whose screwed around with enough cars lol. Anyways alan good luck, see ya around

March

Slowered318
06-11-2006, 02:57 AM
me likes it very much!

Woofer
06-11-2006, 04:45 AM
Thanks march

I'm only dreaming at this point. I hope to advance this project at some point in my life but right now i want to really work hard at school and build a strong career. Besides a good job will provide good funds that will let me mod my toys. for now this project might come to hault, hoping i don't have to sell the car once school starts. Any seroius mod won't be done until after school . anyways i'll keep you guys posted on what route e30 takes.

Thanks ryan maybe you'll see it at the midnight cruise.

BMW BMXer
06-13-2006, 12:00 AM
http://nwbmwclub.com/pictures/e30_picnic/june_11th_2006_e30_picnic%20177.jpg
sex.

Woofer
06-13-2006, 02:26 PM
damn you !!!! lol that looks really nice in ther man wow....so beefy!

///Maluco
06-19-2006, 11:17 AM
Alan...car is looking great. You chose the right color*love* ...very classy.*th-up* *th-up* *th-up*

I was hoping to see it yesterday and show you the new shoes*mw* for the E12, maybe next time.

It's great to see that you're going to focus on school and build a career to better help fuel your passion.
Keep it up...you won't regret it!

Eddie

King Luis
06-19-2006, 12:03 PM
don't go LS1. chevy motors stay in chevys. go with a bimmer motor, m5 motor if you want the v8.

Axxe
06-19-2006, 02:01 PM
don't go LS1. chevy motors stay in chevys. go with a bimmer motor, m5 motor if you want the v8.

STFU and buy your euro trim from the dealer already. Bimmer V8 are expensive, hard to make more power out of, and not as common. LS1/6 FTW.

Woofer
06-19-2006, 02:20 PM
With time i'll see what happens with the car. Right now i'm pretty much ready to yank that m20 out and throw it in the shitter with the problems it's been giving me.

I know i want to do a swap that is very rare and uncommon. I have a good mechanic that builds all gm race motors and he's actually very interested in helping make this work. He might not like my car lol but he love the idea of having that motor in my "little go-kart" as he calls it lol. Lots of research needs to be done before this happens, and like i mentioned most likely won't happen until i'm done school. What every happens with the car i'll make sure to let you guys know! Stay tuned.

SpoolinS6
06-19-2006, 02:22 PM
so whos this mechanic alan ? u know everyone eh just flip the yellow pages hey thats my compadre !
and oh yha " DIS IZ NOT FERRARI " LMAO

Woofer
06-19-2006, 02:25 PM
I am also looking for euro trim. Tomek do you know what the cost of it is at the dealer? I didn't evne know you could get it there.

King luis you car is looking great. I love the new sig. I know that it's kinda weird to do the swap i'm inteested in but like everyone on here knows, i like to be different. Think of it like this, the beauty of an e30 with the raw power of a muscle car engine.

I know sorry about that eddie. It was father's day and i had to spend some time with my pops before i went to go see kelly. I can't wait to see the shoes. I haer they are kickin great lol. When the car is fully put back together i'll come up with kelly to show you.

Woofer
06-19-2006, 02:27 PM
LOL jorge ur a joker. The mechanic is the same guy building up anthony's gran prix. He has a lot of experience with euro cars and loves all american machines. He's owned a couple of porches and bimmers so i know i am in good hands.

SpoolinS6
06-19-2006, 02:29 PM
i dunno man id need to check that guy out every guy uve gone to without me checking out has cost you lotsa monies !

Woofer
06-19-2006, 02:31 PM
lol cause your approval means so much to me jorge

SpoolinS6
06-19-2006, 02:33 PM
****ing right ! yeaaaahhh

Eurostyle
06-20-2006, 03:31 AM
I'm fine with the Chevy V8 in a bimmer, but that Corvette valve cover HAS TO GO!!! It ruins the swap IMO....*thmbsdwn* Its a V8, its a Chevy...but its NO Corvette!*no-no*

biotek
06-20-2006, 07:21 PM
Car looks great man.. what happen to your other E30 did it have alot of rust like my old E30?

Love the color im going to be paint mine next year gray, just dont know what gray yet

dgmorr
06-20-2006, 07:43 PM
Car looks great man.. what happen to your other E30 did it have alot of rust like my old E30?

Love the color im going to be paint mine next year gray, just dont know what gray yet

WHY?!?! Your car looks so siccc right now!

biotek
06-20-2006, 10:00 PM
lol thats my old E30 in the sig, its now in the scrap yard well prob not even there anymore.

T.Dot_E30
06-20-2006, 11:48 PM
STFU and buy your euro trim from the dealer already. Bimmer V8 are expensive, hard to make more power out of, and not as common. LS1/6 FTW.

lol, thats right tomek, you tell him.

tboy356
06-21-2006, 10:49 PM
car looks good alan.. can i borrow it for prom this weekend (fri) lol *wave*

Woofer
06-22-2006, 06:56 PM
LOL Well i have seen the way you drive so im gonna have to say no hahaha jks jks

Can't it's midnight cruise and i must make an appearance.

tboy356
06-22-2006, 11:33 PM
i know ill be there too. im leaveing my prom early so i can get there buy 11 smthing

see u there..

SpoolinS6
06-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Compadre Alan U Going ? Hit Me Up 830 004 Mike Jones Lol

Woofer
06-23-2006, 09:56 PM
yea man. Turn signals are in. Shes road legal. At least i hope lol

propr'one
06-24-2006, 03:24 PM
alon what K are your HID's? with any kind of tinted glass you should run 4300.

car looks siiiiiiiiiiiiiick bro

Woofer
06-24-2006, 08:00 PM
thanks ivan!

I'm running stock e46 HIDs. I am told though that one of my bulbs is 5000k and the other is 4300. I really love the way my lenses look on the car it's just that i know it can look a little green at times which makes them look ricey i guess. On the other hand once they are on for about 5 mins or and have warmed up they look yellow.

I can't wait to see the footage you got of my car. Everytime i go to these meets i'm usually camera car and there is never any footage of my car. Great to see that i'll have a chance to see how my car looks while it's in motion. Anthony you car is sweet dude. Personally i would have kept the e30 m3 cause well it's my dream car lol but it was replaced with something just as nice.

paul christians
06-25-2006, 08:01 AM
YES alen your look siiiiiiiiiiiick brother........

Woofer
06-25-2006, 03:24 PM
thanks paul. Loved the donut you did. Car sounds so mean man. Props to a good job.