PDA

View Full Version : rims on ebay great price.

BMWFORLIFE
06-03-2006, 02:16 PM
hey guys came across this if anyone is looking for e36 m3 staggered rims.
the seller is selling all 5 OEM Contours for 625 us...not to bad and it comes with tires.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-M3-M-Contour-wheels-rims-OEM-w-tires-staggered_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66483QQihZ019 QQitemZ8070025531QQrdZ1
enjoy i hope someone off max buys these things

Rampage
06-03-2006, 03:17 PM
hmmm, I wonder how much shipping would be and then brokerage fees

Thats a good price though!

Karim@Corner73
06-05-2006, 05:05 PM
Clear customs yourself.

Shipping will kill you though...

e36chick
06-05-2006, 05:09 PM
Clear customs yourself.

how do you do this?

and shipping will probably only be another 200$ ?

i was looking for rims on ebay too, but i think it would be the same to buy locally, once you consider the shipping/customs/tax.

punnzzells
06-05-2006, 05:11 PM
it's pick up only ...

Karim@Corner73
06-05-2006, 08:06 PM
how do you do this?

Call the shipping company and tell them you will do the customs clearance yourself.

When your package is at their depot (check tracking or have them call you), go there and get the paperwork from the shipping company.

Then take this to Customs Canada offices (usually next door or a few blocks away). You will have to fill up a few forms with very very basic info. You'll pay taxes and possibly customs (depends on item)

You go back with your clearance to the shipping company and they will give you your stuff.

It's worth it for expensive items. It shouldn't take more than 15-30 minutes.

*th-up*

e36chick
06-05-2006, 09:58 PM
Call the shipping company and tell them you will do the customs clearance yourself.

When your package is at their depot (check tracking or have them call you), go there and get the paperwork from the shipping company.

Then take this to Customs Canada offices (usually next door or a few blocks away). You will have to fill up a few forms with very very basic info. You'll pay taxes and possibly customs (depends on item)

You go back with your clearance to the shipping company and they will give you your stuff.

It's worth it for expensive items. It shouldn't take more than 15-30 minutes.

*th-up*

still have to pay though? or is it much less...

SickFinga
06-05-2006, 10:46 PM
still have to pay though? or is it much less...

Yes, you still have to pay taxes and maybe duty, but there is no brokerage fee.

e36chick
06-06-2006, 03:08 AM
ahh ok, thanks. :)

djcontra
06-06-2006, 03:46 AM
I had some used rims shipped from california a few years back through Fedex. Cost $150 USD to ship, and never had to pay any brokerage or taxes when they arrived (no joke!)

Justin e36
06-06-2006, 05:58 AM
I had some used rims shipped from california a few years back through Fedex. Cost $150 USD to ship, and never had to pay any brokerage or taxes when they arrived (no joke!)

Same with my rims from UPS. They sent me a bill in the mail for the brokerage.. ($150 x 2 packages!). I never paid it, and they never asked for the money ever again. A year later I call to inquire about my balance, and they said my balance was flat. I didn't argue. :)

Gamite
06-06-2006, 09:52 AM
you guys should be watching the for sale section. Gavin sold a set of these (LOCALLY) for 600 CAD.

Axxe
06-06-2006, 09:56 AM
FYI, USPS does NOT charge brokerage.

Karim@Corner73
06-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Same with my rims from UPS. They sent me a bill in the mail for the brokerage.. ($150 x 2 packages!). I never paid it, and they never asked for the money ever again. A year later I call to inquire about my balance, and they said my balance was flat. I didn't argue. :)

You will receive a threatening letter from a collection agency soon...

Happened to my brother. No big deal but you'll eventually have to pay :(

e36chick
06-06-2006, 11:42 AM
FYI, USPS does NOT charge brokerage.

how can you send RIMS through the postal service? :confused:

R_JAY
06-06-2006, 12:10 PM
I bought the Parallels you see in my sig from Ebay and it got delivered by the company that drive the yellow trucks. For the life of me I can't remember the name of that company but I just signed their paper and they said thanks bye. That's the only time that's ever happened.

e36chick
06-06-2006, 01:29 PM
I bought the Parallels you see in my sig from Ebay and it got delivered by the company that drive the yellow trucks. For the life of me I can't remember the name of that company but I just signed their paper and they said thanks bye. That's the only time that's ever happened.

Ryder?

mirek
06-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Dhl

Justin e36
06-06-2006, 01:52 PM
You will receive a threatening letter from a collection agency soon...

Happened to my brother. No big deal but you'll eventually have to pay :(

I doubt it. It's been two years and as mentioned, I inquired and my balance is flat.

In either case, UPS uses a private collection agency, this can not (and will not) affect my financial / credit rating in any way. If they call more than twice I can ask them to stop harassing me, in which case they must legally stop asking for money. At that point I don't owe anything, but UPS would blacklist my name from future deliveries for 2 years.

mirek
06-06-2006, 01:57 PM
You're incorrect. Private collection agencies can and will send the credit bureau info about you owing money and it will affect your credit rating.

That's if you actually do owe them money, if not then of course not. If you haven't, you should get a copy of your credit report and double check.

e36chick
06-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Dhl

damn, how could i forget. i worked in shipping for 1 yr! *shiner*

Justin e36
06-06-2006, 02:09 PM
No they can't, not in Ontario anymore. Welcome to... uhm... 2002? UPS, Bell Mobility, and a few other companies must go to Privatized collection agencies for claims to delinquent accounts. Commercial debt collection agencies however can affect your FICO score---this includes in house accounts, and third party.

I've been through this many times before. I've left $600 Bell Mobility bills unpaid, and still have a perfect credit rating. (Had it checked two weeks ago when I financed the e39). I had my Bell Mobility phone disconnected, and am unable to get another Bell Mobility phone for a few years, but really don't care either. They stopped requesting the money immediately after I asked them to stop harassing me.

Things are a bit different here than the U.S. and some other parts of Canada where even not returning & paying for a library book would affect your credit rating.

If you care to research it further, then check the Collection Agencies Act (enforced by the Ministry of Commercial Relations)... or you can just call them and ask all the questions you wish: (416) 326-8555.

mirek
06-06-2006, 02:33 PM
weird good to know, i wonder if that's why somestuff disappeared off my credit report.. :) I'll have to get an updated credit report.

R_JAY
06-06-2006, 11:56 PM
DhlYeah Mirek, it was DHL. I don't see them around much which is why the name slipped my mind*shiner*