PDA

View Full Version : Tried Turtle Wax Ice And Mothers Power Ball.

Nascar318is
06-02-2006, 02:35 PM
So last weekend we had our Spring Cruise with BMWCC Ottawa. Saturday I decided to go to CT and get some stuff. Went in and they had no more Mr.Clean soap*mumble* Saw the turtle wax "Ice" so I bought that, and then saw the mothers power ball. So I bought both.

Turtle wax Ice($19.99+tx)
Comes with the cloth and an application sponge.

-Very easy to use
-You can apply it in the direct sunlight
-You can do the whole car(not panel by panel)
-Use it on moldings
-Use it on plastic lights
-No white pasty crap left behind.

So try that, 2 hours later I was done. the car looked like a fresh paint job.
I washed my car yesterday and it was beeding the water off like nothing.

I liked it and it works well, especially if you want a fast job done.

Mothers Power Ball.($29.99+tx)

I took out my cordless drill and hooked her up....WOW. I did my rims in about 15 minutes as opposed to 45minutes by hand. It doesn't scratch the rims or nothing. I love that thing, it got the brake dust on the rim that I couldn't even see. The only down fall is that it doesn't get into tight spots.

KaschmirBeige3
06-02-2006, 04:37 PM
I tried the ICE on the 7er 2 weekends ago and I am very dissappointed with the product. I washed, clayed, washed again, Poorboys SSR 2 via Porter Cable and then topped it with ICE. Initially the car looked good. So during the week we had 1 rain shower and the car was driven in the rain. The next day I noticed the car had alot of water spots on it. When I went to hose down the car I noticed the water didn't beed off. WTF? I said, so while washing the car the spots didn't want to come off. It took alot of rubbing with my wash mitt and 3 times the soap to get it clean. Once dried the paint felt like sand paper, it didn't have any protection on it. The ICE wore off within a few days. Yes, I applied it the right way and blah blah blah. ICE is complete garbage and has the worst longevity I've ever seen for a sealant. It went right in my garbage can. The only goof thing I got out of it was the microfiber cloth :D.

So in the end...ICE is FTL *thmbsdwn* *thmbsdwn*

Gamite
06-02-2006, 05:22 PM
heard a lot of bad thigns about that ICE stuff.

Darkness95m3
06-02-2006, 08:00 PM
For quick detailing it's fine, by the sounds of it.

Antz_Marchin
06-03-2006, 12:46 AM
Yeah the ICE is good for only for the very short term. Offers virtually no protection whatsoever.

Nascar318is
06-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Yeah it's mostly for quick detailing. As on the box is says it's polish and not a wax....I thought it was a wax but :( Anybody try the dupont wax or the Maguiers ntx(?)....