PDA

View Full Version : Bliss, sound clips of ur exhaust please...

azn330i
01-25-2002, 08:38 PM
hey Bliss, so u've put on ur exhaust eh??
how does it sound?? any video or sound clips?? put them on the board already.......:P
can't wait to put mine on!! :)

Bliss
01-25-2002, 09:20 PM
yeah the exhaust is on, and it sounds really good. You won't be dissapointed with yours azn330i. I'll post the sound clip, or a small mpeg soon.:)

azn330i
01-25-2002, 10:01 PM
nice....*th-up*
any feel in oomph from the new exhaust or is it too little to even notice??

is it loud?? i don't wanna sound like i have a fart exhaust on my car.......:rolleyes:

330DTM
01-26-2002, 12:27 AM
I know i shouldn't be answering this for bliss,
but I think just slapping on an exhaust onto your car you will not notice the difference.

Will there be a sound difference? Definitely!

Will you notice the gains? Well probably your mind will obviously trick you into thinking about some gains since you put an aftermarket exhaust, your mind will trick you automatically into thinking that it is suppose to be an imporvement in power.

For argument sakes, I say you may gain a tad bit of high end, but I doubt enough to feel it. Esp. on autotranmission cars :( LIke mine :( not that i have an exhaust.

330DTM
01-26-2002, 12:29 AM
oh ya,

maybe when he gets an CAI (cold air intake) + chip in addition to the exhaust, one will probably feel the difference. :P

Bliss
01-26-2002, 02:46 AM
The sound is amazing i think. It's not loud at all. It has a nice deep rumble in low end when revving. From the inside of the car, you really can't hear much except for a litle deeper sound. Kind of hard to explain.

No, i did not notice any power gains unfortunately.:confused: , but i think it's because my car was dirty.:D

djcontra
01-26-2002, 10:03 AM
I have to tend to disagree about exhausts not improving performance. Both my father and I got our exhausts changed at the same time. I myself got a free flowing DTM tipped exhaust system put on without resonators and though i noticed a small drop in off the line torque, the high end is much improved! I found it hard before getting up to about 170km/h, and now with the exhaust i can reach up to 200km/h (i can't be sure because i dont really have time to look down when i'm going that fast for safety reasons)

I found that with my cold air intake it helped bigtime as well, but if you put the stock airbox in, you get better torque and off the line response.

My father's blazer had trouble even doing 120 because it's a fricken metal tank that thing is =) It's as bad as my jeep YJ was on the highway (a giant BOX!)
he put a straight pipe in it with just a cat, and although it did make the truck slightly louder (not as loud as we had thought it might, he could easily do 150km/h now.