PDA

View Full Version : almost done

just325iS
05-29-2006, 08:31 PM
Finally put my car back together with the newly rebuilt charger. Such a sweet rumble at idle now. Going to fix the power steering leak and install the big brake kit in the rear at Charlie on Wed. After that, off to motronix to install 265-30-19's tires at the rears and an alignment. Still need to finish install on the alcohol injection and then off the Mark D for a new chip. Had to make adjustments because added headers and 3 inch pipe with a high flow cat and bored out throtle body.

But here is a tip that might help some of you on here. I'm running a high flow fuel pump but i've noticed before that right after I've changed my fuel filter the car ran a lot more responsive. After a couple of days, that extra response was gone. Because of the charger it was really hard to changed the fuel filter as often as I'd would've liked. Well, this year I ran all braided lines with a high flow fuel filter which I've relocate just above the driver side control arm. Man did this make a huge difference in response. I took the old fuel filter and try to blow through it and man was it restrictive. Long story short, up grade your fuel filter and you'll feel a difference.

Looking forward to taking out to some of the meets when its ready!

Furious
05-30-2006, 02:23 PM
cool man any working pics?

Quack
05-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Tommy if you do come out to the meets PM me so I know

just325iS
05-30-2006, 04:22 PM
I got pics but not really good with computers so I'll have to try to get my friend post some for me soon. Yeah, I'll do that Quack.

Jon@Bimmersport
06-12-2006, 07:15 PM
is yours a supercharged non vanos? Would you mind telling me how your car compares to other supercharged E36s? Is it worth going with a blower on this motor due to its size instead of a turbo system? Have you ever done a 1/4 mile run with it? thanks

dtthiaga
06-12-2006, 08:27 PM
It doesn't matter, the car just sounds like a monster. :)

On the KW Cruise, people around town were all looking at the car!

just325iS
06-13-2006, 08:46 PM
sorry, no quarter mile time, I do road course only. It is worth it because it still makes good power but since my motor is gone now, 260k's, I'm putting in a 3.2L motor in it.