PDA

View Full Version : Black Interior + Sun = Me Crying

///Milan
05-29-2006, 07:10 PM
Wow, today was horrible for me, I had full AC on and I even parked in the shade and the interior of my car was absolutely boiling. MY OBC read 38 degrees so I can only imagine what it was inside. Do you think tint actually helps cut down on that? I was tempted to get one of those windshield shades but they look so uncool.

Redster
05-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Tints help a lot. I had 3 black cars (black in & out) and there was a big difference when it comes to heat/sun before & after tints.

PS. My OBC went up to 42C today, but having light interior + tints helps a lot :)

myndgone
05-29-2006, 09:27 PM
gotta love 15% tint *wiggle*

Redster
05-29-2006, 09:52 PM
gotta love 15% tint *wiggle*

I got the same, helps a lot!

bmwm5lover
05-29-2006, 11:46 PM
I feel your paint.MY DD is a Green Volvo with Black Leather... OUCH

Quack
05-29-2006, 11:48 PM
black on black = sauna, I had to drive with the windows down & A/C on max to cool the car down so I can put my arm on the window ledge

Redster
05-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Today temp (with humidex) hit 42C, I felt really sorry for people who had to drive and had no AC. For a minute I rolled down my window, but there was only hot air blowing..

paul christians
05-29-2006, 11:57 PM
hehehehe...I was out all day,but was my Protege and it has A/C too,but no tint though..The beast is black on black tinted windows 20% on all 5 windows and a sun strip,and no A/C at all...heheheheheheee...

Axxe
05-30-2006, 12:12 AM
I was out and about in my car, no A/C, no tint. Anyone know of a good shop that can tint for cheap? I'm not looking for limo tints, just something reasonable (25% on rears, 40% on front), or something like that. I have a light blue car with tan leather, so it's not thaaat bad, but still hotter than hell.

TheMadChigga
05-30-2006, 12:24 AM
I was out and about in my car, no A/C, no tint. Anyone know of a good shop that can tint for cheap? I'm not looking for limo tints, just something reasonable (25% on rears, 40% on front), or something like that. I have a light blue car with tan leather, so it's not thaaat bad, but still hotter than hell.

be a man, do the right thing, I just drive as fast as I can with all four windows down.

Axxe
05-30-2006, 01:53 AM
be a man, do the right thing, I just drive as fast as I can with all four windows down.

I do this anyway, come on, it's Tomek you're talking to Sam! It's just too damn hot in traffic!!

Ant118
05-30-2006, 02:03 AM
yeah, no A/C and black leather interior and no tint. it did feel like a sauna. Man threw the air on and nothing but hot air. Was scorching. I wish there was a shaded area to park my car atleast.

maxx318i
06-01-2006, 03:06 AM
I was tempted to get one of those windshield shades but they look so uncool.

your ambers look uncool *angel*
get the shade.. better to be uncool rather than damage ur interior and ride on hot ass leather.
:cool:

kidneykill
06-01-2006, 09:27 AM
yah the shade also helps with the scorching steering wheel!

Gianpaolo_E46
06-01-2006, 09:37 AM
x5 a/c system = best ever. cools the entire truck in less that a minute, gotta love that max a/c button it has.

FastM3
06-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Don't put all 4 windows down, just the 2 fronts. Then drive as fast as you can and you'll get the huge breeze!
All 4 down just sucks the air from the fronts out the rears, essentially doing almost nothing for you.

TheMadChigga
06-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Don't put all 4 windows down, just the 2 fronts. Then drive as fast as you can and you'll get the huge breeze!
All 4 down just sucks the air from the fronts out the rears, essentially doing almost nothing for you.

I don't know what kinda car you drive, but mine works very well, and I drive pretty much topless, sometime truckers honk at me and shit, probally cause they thought I was a man-bitch with my man-boobs.

bmwm5lover
06-01-2006, 12:30 PM
^^^^^BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
I;ve got MOOBS TOO!!!!
LMAO, this made my day.

Justin e36
06-01-2006, 01:44 PM

That's what I used to do... recently I started rolling down all 4 windows and I've found it to be more effective. Possibly because it's sucking the hot interior air out the rear windows. Cooled my black on black leather car mighty quick with those rears down.

Quack
06-01-2006, 01:46 PM

well when you open all 4 windows the fresh air comes in the front windows & pushes the hot air out the back ones, so it definitely does something

BMW BMXer
06-01-2006, 02:41 PM
No AC, black seat (cloth), dark car.

Little warm.