PDA

View Full Version : What can I do about my camber issue?

E34Mike
05-27-2006, 01:07 PM
Hey guys,

My car's camber is FACKKED.. Now I know that the rear subframe bushings need to be replaced, but I doubt that will fix it completely.. She has bilstein shocks and H&R springs.. The Toyos on her now are showing belts on the inside (where all the pressure is) and they are 1 year old! So..my question..Is there a toe arm or camber adjustment for this or am I just screwed..? (Hopefully I can get some good pics of the burn out I do the day I replace these toyos..*no-no* )

Thanks!

Mike

Justin e36
05-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Hi Mike... I've heard the e34 m5 has adjustable rear trailing arms for camber.
However, severe camber like your car is exhibiting usually means the trailing arm is bent.

E34Mike
05-27-2006, 01:23 PM
you think so? hmmm I will have to take it in...

Justin e36
05-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Yup.. it'll be hard to visually see if it's bent though... it only takes a slight twist in the trailing arm. I'd recommend replacing it just in case. Eurostyle has a parts e34 m5 I believe.

Soldo
05-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Could just be that the car is DUMPED. When i had my PSS9's on, once i took the adjuster out the rear springs i had some SERIOUS tucking and it wasn't too long that the inside of my tires went right down to the wire!

BMW BMXer
05-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Could just be that the car is DUMPED. When i had my PSS9's on, once i took the adjuster out the rear springs i had some SERIOUS tucking and it wasn't too long that the inside of my tires went right down to the wire!

Im sure the way you drive had nothing to do with it?

Soldo
05-27-2006, 07:21 PM
Im sure the way you drive had nothing to do with it?

The way i drove helped distribut the wear on the tire to the center!
:P

bimmermafia
06-02-2006, 08:06 PM
soldo im having the same problem on my e36 i keep blowing my rear tires on the inside part what did u do or what can i do to fix this problem tired of buying new tires for the back every summer

Soldo
06-03-2006, 05:31 AM
The only way to fix that is either getting it up back to stock height otherwise you'll always get that problem with a BIG negative camber!

thinair
06-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Negative camber doesn't ruin tires, toe does. I have PSS dropped as low as it'll go in the rear. i run 1/16" total toe in the rear with -2.2º camber, no real noticable wear. I also run -2º camber up front with 0 toe, normal wear.