PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Ticket In New York State

E4SIXM3
05-26-2006, 08:37 PM
My father got a speeding ticket in NY STATE, with 18 miles over in a construction zone..what should he do? pay it?

spooner_dee
05-26-2006, 08:45 PM
pay it. no point fighting, and being as its a construction zone, prob double fine. if he was speeding then why fight. thats why i never fought a ticket. i was always guilty, cept for one which wasnt speeding just a cop who got mad that i gave him the finger

E4SIXM3
05-26-2006, 08:47 PM
the thing is he is from Ontario......can it come back to him? cause my buddy got two tickets and nothing he hasnt paid in years...but apparently they are tied together Ontario and New York State now.

Gamite
05-26-2006, 09:17 PM
yes, Ontario and NY state are connected. He has to pay it.

BigD
05-26-2006, 09:46 PM
On a side note, does anyone know if BC and NY are connected? I can't find anything, only about Ontario.

Redster
05-27-2006, 09:37 AM
Even if your province and state in the USA where you get a ticket are not connected, they can give you hard time at the border (if you're really late + interest is there). Then if you go to the states again and get pulled over they'll see it, and cops over there can be a real PITA.

Mystikal
05-27-2006, 09:37 AM
pay it. no point fighting, and being as its a construction zone, prob double fine. if he was speeding then why fight. thats why i never fought a ticket. i was always guilty, cept for one which wasnt speeding just a cop who got mad that i gave him the finger

LOL, the honest citizen.

Meanwhile, I've faught plenty of tickets that I was guilty for. Won them all.

My philosophy > your philosphy. :P

spooner_dee
05-27-2006, 10:53 AM
LOL, the honest citizen.

Meanwhile, I've faught plenty of tickets that I was guilty for. Won them all.

My philosophy > your philosphy. :P

i just didnt wanna be bothers with wasting my time for an asshole cop with nuttin better to do lol..

so for being connected, supposedly ny nj and pa are connected, and i got all my tickets in nj never once did i get any issues from my insurance or anything like i would had i got it in my home state at the time.

now that i live in connecticut, i barely drive so less worries for me lol.

Bmwstylz
05-27-2006, 10:43 PM
I would pay it.

as a bonus for your dad, the demerit points will also Transfer over...

ierrahh
05-28-2006, 01:02 AM
I got a ticket in New York 3 years ago and paid last year. NY, Vt, Qc, & On all have an agreement to honor eachothers rules and holdup any suspention of license or whatever... But in reality it doesn't happen. My license was suspented in New York state for 2 years and nothing ever happened to me here....I even went to New York 4-5 times and the border didn't say anything. I only paid the ticket because I wanted to clear my name in New York because I go often.

I would say to pay the ticket if you go to NY often otherwise don't bother.

BTW if you fight it you'll reduce the pointage and fine guaranteed...I ALWAYS contest any ticket I get

E4SIXM3
05-28-2006, 05:16 PM
so you think he should bother fighting it?

ierrahh
05-28-2006, 07:40 PM
Ya fight the ticket, fight ticket you get...you'll get something off

BMWF1
05-28-2006, 11:27 PM
if you have to take a day off work, spend a ton of time fighting it and its only like 100 bucks, just pay it, if its the first ticket he got in years and years, i wouldn't bother.

E4SIXM3
05-28-2006, 11:50 PM
thanks guys...