PDA

View Full Version : Z4 M Coupé In Toronto Star Wheels Section

BennyL
05-26-2006, 01:13 PM
You guys seen the article?

LINK (http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1147989015306) <--- Click for full article!

ESTORIL, Portugal—The BMW Z4 Coupé was a "submarine" car at the company's headquarters, admits one executive.

Submarine cars — meaning they were developed without formal approval from the company's board of directors — are theoretically illegal at BMW.

"But once the board sees them and drives them, it's okay," says Ulrich Bruhnke, who has many titles including president of BMW's M division, responsible for the high-performance cars.

paul christians
05-26-2006, 02:27 PM
saw 1 at town & country last night and 2 m1 as well...

FastM3
05-26-2006, 03:05 PM
I seen an Imola on Imola at BMW Uni a month back. Gorgeous car! Glad they brought them back, just want to see Estoril Blue back as an option too!

JazzM
05-26-2006, 03:27 PM
I wish I could fit in one of these... :(

I'm also surprised that they don't come with SMG. Standard Z4 comes with SMG as an option.

T.

Rampage
05-26-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm also surprised that they don't come with SMG. Standard Z4 comes with SMG as an option.

T.

From the Star Article

Bruhnke said that the third-generation SMG transmission — a seven-speed — was introduced with the M5, and while the older six-speed SMG now in the M3 coupe and convertible could have been adapted, they felt it would be better to wait until the next-generation version was ready to be fitted to its newest car.

Love the looks of the car