PDA

View Full Version : pros and cons on remus twin dtm exhaust muffler

bm0401
05-25-2006, 08:23 PM
Hey everyone, thanks for the info on which type of angle eyes to get. Now I been checking out some exhaust mufflers. I been looking at a REMUS DTM TWIN TITANIUM EXHAUST MUFFLER. I really like some input please. Possibly the pros and cons on it. All the input I can get is greatly appreciated.
Thanks, paul

///Milan
05-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Just the muffler? If you're only doing muffler theres not many pros and cons other than how you like the sound, also there's no performance gains.

bm0401
05-25-2006, 08:45 PM
yea just the muffler for now. Ok no gains, how about sound? Am i getting a nice low deep troughty sound or something that sounds like a rice burner....
pretty much Im basing my car on looks only, the stock muffler just isn't cuttin it. No point on speeding and having performance upgrades around where I live.

E36 Power
05-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Im going to be getting a Remus most likely by months end...straight tips tho not the DTM ones...From what Ive heard, their nice and throaty which is what everyone with a bmw wants...But I woudlnt mind going for a Magnaflow (loud though) Its still a toss up for me but leaning towards Remus

Justin e36
05-25-2006, 09:00 PM
One of the best sounding exhausts in my opinion. Very deep with a nice rumble, without too much interior resonance.
Remus makes your car speak German. :)

///Milan
05-25-2006, 11:03 PM
Can someone please post a sound clip of an E36 with it? I've never heard the Remus. Thanks.

bm0401
05-25-2006, 11:06 PM
yea could someone please......

1BADBMR
05-26-2006, 03:59 AM
I am also thinking of getting a remus exhaust system for my car. I hear they give off a refined sound to bimmers.

Remus has a new line called PSM (Power Sound Muffler) It allows you to adjust the sound of your exhaust to fine tune it. It kinda works like a flap to restrict backpressure. This is for the E46 models though.
IMO I wouldn't get DTM tips
The're are hundreds of tips that look just as good...
http://www.autocarparts.com/images/Remus/