PDA

View Full Version : Price question

Redster
05-25-2006, 08:06 AM
Brake job, pads for the front $140, rear $80, so $220 for everything. Not sure about instal but that's not an issue. Do you think that this price for pods is ok? These would be OEM or better, not some cheap POS that will cover my rims with dust all the time.

Nascar318is
05-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Yeah that's a good price. I paid $260 for my pads(ceramix). Little dust, less then the OEM ones. Are you doing rotors as well? Dealer Charges Roughly $700 for everything installed. So you get the pads,disc's and sensors.

What's the name of the pads? that'll give us more insight for the price.

Quack
05-25-2006, 10:35 AM
I bought Hawk HPS front pads for my 540 from one of our sponsor QMR also cost $140+tx

cisco911
05-25-2006, 11:06 AM
Depends on the brake pad brand really. However, 140 and 80 sounds about right. Don't forget to purchase new sensors too. If your brake wear light is on then you will need them for sure. But if not you can try to re-use the current ones but I don't recommend that and they usually break when you try and pop them off the old brake pad.

As for the brake dust, OE will make alot of dust. If you want less dust then you will have to go with a "harder" compound. However this is usually a compromise. The less dust it makes, the more likely it is that it will squeek. My car came with OE brakes when I bought it and they make a tonne of dust, but not once have they squeeked. Lastly, brake noise can also be attributed to how you treat your brakes when you first have them installed. In your first 100kms, you should avoid hard/aggresive braking until the pads sit properly on the rotors.