View Full Version : BMW driver training

jameswbl
05-22-2006, 06:51 PM
thinking about taking the Advanced II BMW driver training course

is it any good? worth the money?

James

propr'one
05-22-2006, 06:57 PM
just pay randy 500$ to spend a day teaching you how to drive:)

jameswbl
05-23-2006, 01:46 AM
sorry for my naiveness...who is randy?

Hound
05-23-2006, 02:39 AM
his name on here is EMPOWERD and he is an AWESOME teacher, donno if he does private lessons, he does however do stuff for porsche driver training ferrari i think and BMWCC canada.

other then that the BMW driver training is awesome too, i want to do more and highly recommend it as well.

crusher
05-23-2006, 08:27 AM
James..

I suggest going to the autocross first and chat with the bmw regular about the driving training event thats coming next month. The autocross is also a good event to practice and have fun every month.

http://www.trillium-bmwclub.ca/site/page.jsp?Autocross

Also, if your thinking about doing advanced driving education. I highly suggest taking the Trillium one which takes places at Mosport. It's a two day event and you get to use your own car.

http://www.trillium-bmwclub.ca/site/page.jsp?DriverTraining

I took the last driving education and drove my car. Even without prior track experience the instructors will teach you how to drive the proper line and by the end of the day you will be driving with confidence. The difference is you will learn on your own car...

You will need the following.. Helment (Motorcycle is fine), Trillium membership (Join the autocross next month), Tech inspection (~600 CND Includes Inspection 1 & Inspection paperwork pm me for the place), and 500 for the Driving event.

Jeff

jameswbl
05-23-2006, 11:00 AM
my worry is the long line up at autocross events...did some in my old civic 6 yrs ago...then school got in the way...not so much track time...

and the start up cost (membership and inspection) is over my budget right now...since i just got a lowly paid job...

thx for the advice though

crusher
05-23-2006, 01:28 PM
my worry is the long line up at autocross events...did some in my old civic 6 yrs ago...then school got in the way...not so much track time...

and the start up cost (membership and inspection) is over my budget right now...since i just got a lowly paid job...

thx for the advice though

Line up is not really that bad at the autox event.. Plus you can pretty much hitch a ride from time to time from other drivers too. Around 20-30 cars at the event, 5 runs, done by 1pm

For the driving school event.. I think you will be paying around 700CND includes the tech.. But I highly recommened changing all the fluids on your car. Anyways, next year my co-workers and myself will be doing the driving school again hopefully you can join us.

Jeff