PDA

View Full Version : worst day of my life...crashed my m3

JMW
05-20-2006, 11:38 PM
soo i was in wasaga with jeff (e36power)..took a corner hit gravel and spun out...went off the road and hit a sign...my rear axl ****ed..
rims gone
front left quarter pannel gone and my car wont drive cause im guessin drive shaft ****ed..

my prides gone as well....

anyways everypne ok..and im gunna try to fix the m3..alsooo start soupin it up since i need to replace stuff anyways...wish me luck
i think im painting it laguana blue or darrk grey ..we will see
-neil

CHARLIE HELP ME!!

craz azn
05-20-2006, 11:42 PM
NO WAY... didnt you just get this car? That sucks to hear this man... good luck on the outcome though, BTW LSB FTW:)

JMW
05-20-2006, 11:43 PM
yee i did...i jsut need to spend money and redue car..it will look sick when its done..jsut cost a pretty penny....i hope i can replace the rear axel and shit...and the control arms lol

e30_kid89
05-20-2006, 11:45 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO that m3 was sweeet!!!!! i remember seein it at the first firday max meet where i had my own lil run in....did a sign rly do that much damagee????

JMW
05-20-2006, 11:46 PM
more the crub..the sign jsut dented my fram where top of wiondo is..and my trunk...the curb bent my control arms and axel
i think it fixable ..i hope ..it gunna cost me mad flow though...it was scariest thing in my life....i was calm till i looked at car..then broke down

98Dinan3
sorry to hear man, glad you're okay though. Good luck with the repairs. Dave

Understated
AWWW MANNNN :( :( first ur other winter beater NOW the m3? no worries tho when something breaks.....UPGRADE :D

i think LSB or even ESTORIL or DAKAR Yellow will look FANTASTIC! :) !

JMW
05-20-2006, 11:48 PM
yee im debating colour...im gunna try to fixe everything first
i jsut hiope it can be done...the tow truck guy (really cool dude btw) said it jsut my axel and control arms fixed/ replaced..i hope i can fuuuck i hope so..the dents can be bondoed i think..thne ill jsut paint it..but ye ..some serious upgrades gunna happen if the car fixable...

propr'one
05-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Honestly, speaking from experience, damage isn't always as bad as you think. Post some pics, get some estimates, Mpower will live on forever:)

JMW
05-20-2006, 11:53 PM
thanks man.....when i reversed it off truck..i herd snap then it wouldnt reverse..like it reved but didnt drive...therefor i think driveshaft damaged to..so i need to replace thta lol
im prob gunna go all racing parts now...we will see its gunna be serious if its fixable...im gunna see if charlie can come by and take a look on frtiday or something

Andy E34
05-21-2006, 12:09 AM
Oh man, sorry to hear about your car! That sucks:( Good luck with the fix and upgrades!

craz azn
05-21-2006, 12:14 AM
I hate curbs. Ate one of my cars too:(

Justin e36
05-21-2006, 12:27 AM
Sounds like a broken half-shaft. It's replacable. Post up some pics and we'll tell you what you need.

m58669
05-21-2006, 12:28 AM
Sell the M, get a Firefly and learn to drive first *no-no*

bimmer318ti
05-21-2006, 12:40 AM
that sux.. at least your ok. How much was the tow to the GTA?

BMWF1
05-21-2006, 01:47 AM
sounds like to much car to handle

BMWags
05-21-2006, 02:02 AM
sounds like to much car to handle

sounds like a dick comment.... accidents happen... however if it was a case of him being a hero sandwich, he got what he deserved

still tho, shitty luck man

BMWF1
05-21-2006, 02:28 AM
sounds like a dick comment.... accidents happen... however if it was a case of him being a hero sandwich, he got what he deserved

still tho, shitty luck man

maybe next time he won't drive on gravel

Pavement FTW *th-up*

1BADBMR
05-21-2006, 03:12 AM
Wow I thought you just got that car??? When I had my 318i and went to my M3 it was a HUGE power gap. Took me awhile to adjust but I managed. Just be glad that your ok. Cars are fixable. BTW did u happen to have the traction-control off???

BMWags
05-21-2006, 06:41 AM
maybe next time he won't drive on gravel

Pavement FTW *th-up*

lolz :D

BMWFORLIFE
05-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Neil wtf......omg man im so sorry to hear this.......im in shock right now my self...i smashed an x5 2 days ago...i feel your pain man..

Big T
05-21-2006, 10:22 AM
I waited til i was sober to reply to this thread*shiner*

I am really sorry to hear that, hope you get it up and running soon.

*th-up*

R_JAY
05-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Sorry to hear that this happened man but accidents happen so don't beat yourself up about it. IMO, I think you should leave the car silver if you're gonna go all out race parts. Those other colours might get you too much unwanted attention from the popo.

JMW
05-21-2006, 12:06 PM
ye..ill see..i may do a darkk grey or a shwartz black..we will see...lets jsut hope i can get parts...and to answer BMWF1's comment...funny. and no..its not to much power...my dads g35 has 280 horse...and ive never had a problem.. shit jsut happenes i guess

but ye ill see if i can get it up and goin again..may take a while..gotta get in contact with charlie and bruce..and yee traction control was on...so i dont kno what happened..
-neil

330ci05
05-21-2006, 12:25 PM
ye..ill see..i may do a darkk grey or a shwartz black..we will see...lets jsut hope i can get parts...and to answer BMWF1's comment...funny. and no..its not to much power...my dads g35 has 280 horse...and ive never had a problem.. shit jsut happenes i guess

but ye ill see if i can get it up and goin again..may take a while..gotta get in contact with charlie and bruce..and yee traction control was on...so i dont kno what happened..
-neil

that sux man, good luck with the fixin *th-up* ... G35's = Overrated *smoke*

DbIiRrTdY
05-21-2006, 12:27 PM
traction control is on our cars is not the greatest ... it comes in late - but it is a double egded sword if it came it too early i would complain just the same or more.

///Milan
05-21-2006, 12:51 PM
Sorry to hear that man, that sucks. Are you going through insurance?

JMW
05-21-2006, 02:29 PM
no def not
....no on else involved...so im just guna fix the car up outta my pocket.....

SickFinga
05-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Pics?

PM Temp for some used parts to save yourself shit loads of money

M3speed
05-21-2006, 02:33 PM
damn man!!! sorry to hear that! i would cry if i crashed my M3 !!

propr'one
05-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Why fix it out of pocket? no offence, our e36's aren't worth shit anymore, keeping a no-accident record car that's had an accident makes no sense. Besides, most people who if you decide to sell your car would consider buying it would take it to a mechanic/bodyshop that would tell them it's been hit anyway. Since this was clearly a mechanical failure of your brakes, your premiums wont go up either.

JMW
05-21-2006, 04:34 PM
well if its fixable...im guna upgrade

///M3Power
05-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Aw that sucks man! Good luck getting it back together!

Bmwstylz
05-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Why fix it out of pocket? no offence, our e36's aren't worth shit anymore, keeping a no-accident record car that's had an accident makes no sense. Besides, most people who if you decide to sell your car would consider buying it would take it to a mechanic/bodyshop that would tell them it's been hit anyway. Since this was clearly a mechanical failure of your brakes, your premiums wont go up either.

I think he's worried about his insurance rates... nothing to do with hiding accident damage.

///MsAniTy
05-21-2006, 05:32 PM
Dont worry this sorta thing happens to everyone. Even race car drivers have accidents. Just be carefull

thinair
05-21-2006, 06:50 PM
Just make sure to have the trailing arm mounts and subframe mounts AT THE CHASSIS checked for rippling, cracking, any bolt on part can be easily replaced.

Furious
05-21-2006, 08:25 PM
sorry to hear dude ouch

E36 Power
05-21-2006, 11:35 PM
It was f***ing brutal what happened - worst May 2 4 killer to say the least...The car was mint before thise and it was sad when we got out of the car to see what was left - rear wheels / chasis was so bent that I thought the car was gonna collapse....we missed a tree which would have stop us dead by a few inches me and neil were on the driver side so we woulda been history for sure...hopefully we see his car on the road...shit happens though Neil, we could have ended up a lot worse and if someone had of been walking we woulda nailed them.

propr'one
05-21-2006, 11:40 PM
the car did its job. you walked away from it to fix this car/buy another one

E36 Power
05-21-2006, 11:52 PM
^^ what do you mean?

IMO Id prolly rather call it a write off even tho it could probably be fixed then to have problems with the rear end later on, 9 yr old car etc etc but thats just me...

I think hes going to do a lot of mods while its being fixed so we'll see

propr'one
05-21-2006, 11:55 PM
^^ what do you mean?

what i mean is, if i crashed my car, and walked away from it, i would be happy with how the car performed. obviously just not having an accident is better, but its not always an option

JMW
05-22-2006, 10:20 AM
jeff this crash made me love u more lol......but ye..i learned a lesson, and im guna rebuild it if possible..it was horrible day, but im just glad my buddies / no one was hurt, no air bags went off nothing, its jsut structural axel and drivetrain/ suspensuion damage thats gunna be killer i think, but we will see, the car will be back on the road, better then ever, MARK MY WORDS
-neil

propr'one
05-22-2006, 09:46 PM
/marked:D

but i still want pics:)

JMW
05-22-2006, 10:44 PM
hahahaha no man...no pics...i cant bring myself around to lookin at it in the garage right now..lol u can go check it out at charlies shop when its there lol...ill keep u posted lol

paul christians
05-23-2006, 03:38 AM
sorry to hear that your weekend was shit man,but look at it this way you are ok man....

bimmer_02
05-23-2006, 04:51 AM
Neil sorry to hear that man, you were so happy when i saw you at timmies the day after you picked it up. But trust me, you will learn ALOT after this, i crashed my bimmer just after i got it too. My advice to you, if you'r fixing it, fix it right or you will regret it down the road. Get your bodywork done some where good, and make sure the mechanical parts are done by trustworthy mechanic, just so that you can enjoy it later on. Anyways good luck with it all.

soran,

E46er
05-23-2006, 05:02 AM
Sorry to hear that...I think I saw your car before at timmies central parkway. Goodluck!

Eurostyle
05-23-2006, 05:25 AM
Glad to see you and your friends are OK! Next time drive according to road conditions...the gravel was there for a bit...if you dindnt know the road, you should take it easy...

justincase10
05-23-2006, 01:23 PM
hahahaha no man...no pics...i cant bring myself around to lookin at it in the garage right now..lol u can go check it out at charlies shop when its there lol...ill keep u posted lol

http://f5.putfile.com/5/14208532711.jpg

http://f5.putfile.com/5/14208475655.jpg

:cool:

E36 Power
05-23-2006, 01:32 PM
I was waiting to see if someone had a pic and look what we found...

The rear end took the most...and the roof had a bit and the front quarter panel

static
05-23-2006, 01:34 PM
don't see no body/frame damage (a bit in the front?) - should be fixable, could be worse

propr'one
05-23-2006, 01:36 PM
I dont see any damage on the trunk?

there's a kink in top of the rear quarter panel on the driver side. Your axle is broken, we'll see about the diff, front driver side quarter panel is probably salvagable, if not you can always replace it. Front bumper might be banged up too, can't see the hood either.

i've seen people fix cars much much more damaged than this, that were worth much much less than this car.

Just make sure the car is straight (my guess, it is, but guess=not good enough). If it is, get an estimate, get it driving, fix the bodypanels, and respray it the same colour.

R_JAY
05-23-2006, 01:45 PM
What are you guys talking about? That thing is a write off. Sell it to me and start over:D

Just kidding man. It doesn't look to be as mangled as I pictured it. A coulpe g's should have you back on the road and pimpin. Good luck man.

thinair
05-23-2006, 01:50 PM
ouch, after looking at those pics take the time to have the trailing arm chassis mounts checked for cracking, the threaded inserts are just spot welded in place. It looks like your subframe has pretty much collapsed (speculating, no undercar pics). Check the diff, the chassis diff mounts at the chassis (as I already mentioned), and replace the lower control arms, even if they look fine. Also, inspect the brake lines for pulling/tearing damage.

The axles/halfshafts might be fine actually, the diff output flanges might have just pulled out of the diff (they just clip in).

JMW
05-23-2006, 01:54 PM
But Its Prob Fixable Right?>@!?@!?!@

paul christians
05-23-2006, 02:10 PM
maybe man,take it to a good body shop,and find out frist.......good luck man...

thinair
05-23-2006, 02:13 PM
anything is fixable with enough time/money

JMW
05-23-2006, 02:42 PM
ye..thanks guys..i think its worth it..im not jsut gunna throw out the car..
plus im gettin parts from temp..so i think i can getter done
-neil

justincase10
05-23-2006, 03:14 PM
dude! your crash is all over the net man!!!!!

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2624885&page=1

and the story the witnesses tell is quite different from yours........so what really happened?

JMW
05-23-2006, 03:29 PM
dude! your crash is all over the net man!!!!!

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2624885&page=1

and the story the witnesses tell is quite different from yours........so what really happened?

so i see
i was driving...hit some gravel, paniked, hit gas, and lost control..plus i couldnt see anything cause of the time the incident happened, the sun was blinnnding..even the cop noticed this when we walked the street together
it was dumb...but im thankful, im never driving even 1 km over speed limit again..lol way to scary and i learned lesson, but ye there were different people saying differnt things..i jsut kno what happened from driving. and ye ..people were mad mean on that forum...but w.e its over with

justincase10
05-23-2006, 03:35 PM
what gravel?

http://f5.putfile.com/5/14209395136.jpg

E36 Power
05-23-2006, 03:42 PM
Damn that forum ripped you to shreds neil...

But even tho I was in the car, the VW forum guy explained it pretty well and to the point...

Speed was obviously a factor here, all of us knew it in the car, but lesson learned time to move on

JMW
05-23-2006, 03:42 PM
there was some near the left side of the road...everything was pointed out to the cop...

if ure point is tryin to point out im a douche bag...ok i get it
and yes i was clearly not goin 50km like the speed limit indicated, but something did make my rear end spin out ....anyways i admitted i was wrong, and mad a mistake..hence learning a lesson....everyone ****s up..we human right...but ye i clearly dont wanan talk bout it, im more upset then u could imagine..and am glad no one was hurt, i jsut wanna forget this...but ye shit happeens, and i learned..

and yes..it ripped me to shit jeff, i jsut wanna forget about it, and try to fix my car....trust me everyone, i feel horrible

Icantdrive
05-23-2006, 03:52 PM
Not only that now we are here to rip him to shreds too. :cool:

1st person to blame is his parents (if infact they were stupid enough to buy him of ANY 19 year old that kind of a car).

He was very lucky he didn't kill pedestrians,kids,or YOU (his so called friends). If it was me I would've got out the beat the crap out of him....and never see him or talk to him again. Lets face it his stupidity almost killed you.....and your friends. Someone putting MY life on the line is something I don't take lightly.

Also (if infact he didn't pay for the car) lesson is NOT learned till he actually realizes what it takes to pay for this car and how hard you have to work in order to so.

Anyways I'm glad noone got hurt, it really sucks that we all have to pay higher insurance rates for little kids that don't know how to drive/parents that buy their kids sports cars.

next time you decide to drive like a moron do it in a safe place and learn how to drive a car not the other way around.

Cheers,
Icantdrive

Then you admit you were wrong.....and say that "something" made you spin out. How about lack of knowledge or driverskill.

JMW
05-23-2006, 03:53 PM
ok ..noted..

Icantdrive
05-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Good reply

On the good note.

If my mom handed me the keys I would take them also.

I suggest you appologize to your friends....learn from it.....and money you are thinking about spending on "rebuilding" goes towards a driving school.

In the end, things happen for a reason and this can be a really good thing for you. To some its dead innocent people and friends.

It can always be LOT worst....just like this thread could've been if you try to argue the facts.

good luck

Passaturbo
05-23-2006, 04:07 PM
You really suck. Not only did you put other peoples lives in danger, get caught lying on the INTERNET, and can't drive but you also ruined a beautiful old bimmer. Nice.

People like you and your "friends" make me sick. You go buy (or have mommy or daddy buy) a egoistic car that you have no business driving and out other people lives in danger by driving like a idiot to show off to your friends. *thmbsdwn*

You'd be better suited in a Kia. What business do you really have driving around in a old BMW? I hear the E90 325i has a brilliant DSC system, you could use it. Of course, you can't afford that car anyway; that's reason you trot around in a 10 year old M3.

I hope you don't have the resources to fix your car, and you get a car more suited to your driving ability. A Camry per se? *wave*

justincase10
05-23-2006, 04:12 PM
well just be careful and remember...the internet is watching you:D

E36 Power
05-23-2006, 04:17 PM
You really suck. Not only did you put other peoples lives in danger, get caught lying on the INTERNET, and can't drive but you also ruined a beautiful old bimmer. Nice.

People like you and your "friends" make me sick. You go buy (or have mommy or daddy buy) a egoistic car that you have no business driving and out other people lives in danger by driving like a idiot to show off to your friends. *thmbsdwn*

You'd be better suited in a Kia. What business do you really have driving around in a old BMW? I hear the E90 325i has a brilliant DSC system, you could use it. Of course, you can't afford that car anyway; that's reason you trot around in a 10 year old M3.

I hope you don't have the resources to fix your car, and you get a car more suited to your driving ability. A Camry per se? *wave*

Dude why dont you go bash someone else thread alright...You were prolly one of the deutche bags that were yelling "thats what you get for giving a 19 yr old an m3, etc etc." People **** up get over it, dont join this community on max to come on here and shit on this thread and make it worse...Yes he was dumb and put us all in danger, shit happens, life goes on right...If it was you mr perfect in the same situation would you like someone to do the same to you? I dont think so..PLease leave Maxbimmer, thanks in advance

DbIiRrTdY
05-23-2006, 04:27 PM

get over it.

Passaturbo
05-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Don't bitch because I'm right. Or because I called your cars old.

BTW Mr. Right wouldn't have put himself in a situation like this.

Peace out.

thinair
05-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Please guys, calm down or I'm going to lock/delete this thread.

No personal attacks either.

HIM
05-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Funny... I love how people have so much time on their hands that they will come into another forum just to bash on someone else... To put it simply, some people just need to mind their own business, especially if they are not even from toronto. He's knows hes wrong so get over it

98Dinan3
05-23-2006, 05:08 PM
WOW....I think this guy feels bad enough, and besides I doubt his was the worst driving of the day in Wasaga. The behaviour displayed by the four guys in the jeep, passing and forcing oncoming traffic onto the shoulder was much worse. You guys should lay off, and quit with the jealousy. I earned my car, but if I had been given one, i'd still appreciate and respect it. Accidents happen, Lay off..... Dave

Passaturbo
05-23-2006, 05:12 PM
WOW....I think this guy feels bad enough, and besides I doubt his was the worst driving of the day in Wasaga. The behaviour displayed by the four guys in the jeep, passing and forcing oncoming traffic onto the shoulder was much worse. You guys should lay off, and quit with the jealousy. I earned my car, but if I had been given one, i'd still appreciate and respect it. Accidents happen, Lay off..... Dave

Jealous http://pics.miarroba.com/caretos/lol.gif

98Dinan3
05-23-2006, 05:16 PM
I see no other motive but jealously. You sign up for a forum just to piss and moan. Get real buddy.

Passaturbo
05-23-2006, 05:22 PM
Please tell me why I'd be jeaous over a 10 year old crashed M3? I have a watch in my safe that's worth more than that car.

I signed up because you people were giving him pity based on a lie you were told.

BMWFORLIFE
05-23-2006, 05:27 PM

Not only that now we are here to rip him to shreds too. :cool:

1st person to blame is his parents (if infact they were stupid enough to buy him of ANY 19 year old that kind of a car).

He was very lucky he didn't kill pedestrians,kids,or YOU (his so called friends). If it was me I would've got out the beat the crap out of him....and never see him or talk to him again. Lets face it his stupidity almost killed you.....and your friends. Someone putting MY life on the line is something I don't take lightly.

Also (if infact he didn't pay for the car) lesson is NOT learned till he actually realizes what it takes to pay for this car and how hard you have to work in order to so.

Anyways I'm glad noone got hurt, it really sucks that we all have to pay higher insurance rates for little kids that don't know how to drive/parents that buy their kids sports cars.

next time you decide to drive like a moron do it in a safe place and learn how to drive a car not the other way around.

Cheers,
Icantdrive

Then you admit you were wrong.....and say that "something" made you spin out. How about lack of knowledge or driverskill.

I think these two people are the ones who need the help. (problems at home fellas, i think so)You wanna chirp go chirp on another thread we dont bash eachother here. Notice how you two are the only morons bashing. Also, are you telling me you never made a mistake in your life...grow up and realize people need to make mistakes in order to grow, weve all been there he could of easily not said anything to people on this forum yet he chose to in good faith then you morons come on and bash him. As stupid as this sounds we learn from our mistakes. Didn't realize there were perfect people like you guys in the world. You guys need to take some social complexity classes at your local university and understand yourselves better, because to me you recieve pleasure out of bashing others, which is a big problem mentally.
seriously guys, im worried about you.

HIM
05-23-2006, 05:28 PM
Please tell me why I'd be jeaous over a 10 year old crashed M3? I have a watch in my safe that's worth more than that car.

I signed up because you people were giving him pity based on a lie you were told.

And this bothers you in what way? Your on here to instigate and nothing else *thmbsdwn*

Passaturbo
05-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Haha. I love it.

This wasn't a mistake, it was recklessness endangerment. The fact that the driver tried to drive away from the scene only proves that.
Lets see:
1 incompetent driver
4 people with no seat belts on
1 speeding M3
1 wreck due to over steer (actually due to not being able to correct the over steer more than anything)
1 charge of fleeing the scene of an accident
Numerous counts of putting citizens lives at risk.

How would this hold up in court? (Which is where I hope the case ends up)

DbIiRrTdY
05-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Haha. I love it.

This wasn't a mistake, it was recklessness endangerment. The fact that the driver tried to drive away from the scene only proves that.
Lets see:
1 incompetent driver
4 people with no seat belts on
1 speeding M3
1 wreck due to over steer (actually due to not being able to correct the over steer more than anything)
1 charge of fleeing the scene of an accident
Numerous counts of putting citizens lives at risk.

How would this hold up in court? (Which is where I hope the case ends up)

you are right ... feel better?:rolleyes:

btw, nice watch - anything else you would like to declare that you have that is better than his/ours/people in general?

thinair, lock the thread ...

Furious
05-23-2006, 05:50 PM
its curbs and fences.

Furious
05-23-2006, 06:05 PM
the poor kid got what he deserves, he knows it he feels bad, yes our cars are old, but the fact that you have to point it out is probably an insecurity of your own, i dont wanna know i dont care, its your own problem(s) you have to deal with.
but i have to agree that you have every right to scold him for his mistake, but try to do it in a way that shows that you, yourself have a shred of maturity, that is unless your looking to get a rise out of everyone, than in that case dissregard my previous statement :P (i like internet drama)

bottom line is he ****ed up the fact that his mom or dad bought the car has nothing to do with it you can leave that out of the converstation, you generalize as if all of us had mommy and daddy buy our cars, i know for a fact lots of us worked hard for our cars so dont generalize comments like " people like you and your friends" (not that ive even met pureGQ, but i get what your saying)

oh and btw i kinda liked the 2006 passat it was a nice car to drive for a few weeks.

Zim Zimma
05-23-2006, 06:30 PM
LOL a watch that is worth more then a 99 M3......So you can afford 20g watch...but you drive a passat...RIGHT...

Go shoot yourself. Or sell your watch and buy a brain.

e30_kid89
05-23-2006, 06:41 PM
its funny some came outta now where to say blah blah blah like they've never driven over the limit or violated road rules...so the dude crashed his m3...leave it at that...dont go on callin him and idiot and this and that...just because of one crash doesnt mean the car is too powerful for him or that he doesnt deserve to drive an m3..he can drive whatever he feels like driving! he made a mistake and hes gonna take care of it...done.

plus no one would ever care to take pics of a crashed v-dub.. it would be a waste of battery:D

///M3Power
05-23-2006, 07:02 PM
I vote for a lock.. Neil has learned from his mistakes, and who are you to judge him. Get real or gtfo ;).

Axxe
05-23-2006, 07:22 PM
Oh yeah Mr. Passat, I have a pink elephant in red sneakers, 35 exotic cars, and a safe full of $25k watches. I'm mr. big swinging e-cock now :D

BMW_7
05-23-2006, 07:28 PM
Damn sorry to hear that man....I had some bad things happen even in my 318i but nothing as serious as this.

Honestly, I would just part your car. I mean it's a M3. A M3 is a driver's car and yours will never be the same again no matter how much you fix it once it's had an accident like that, undoubtedly some frame damage too. And since your parents bought you the car, I doubt you can even pay for the repairs - Proper repairs, which will be probably half of what the car is worth, and it will never be worth as it has since it's been in an accident, and people will not want to deal with it...

I see it this way, a non accidented car is like a virgin, and a accidented car, is like a loose whore *shiner*

mirek
05-23-2006, 07:29 PM
Oh yeah Mr. Passat, I have a pink elephant in red sneakers, 35 exotic cars, and a safe full of $25k watches. I'm mr. big swinging e-cock now :D

yeah, you just pretend to drive an 85 325 :) hehe

Axxe
05-23-2006, 07:30 PM
yeah, you just pretend to drive an 85 325 :) hehe

'87 325i set up for track. Whoops, I'm just pretending :D

Darkness95m3
05-23-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm sure all of us have done something stupid with our cars and got away with it, I can remember a few (dozen) my self. He made a mistake, lesson learned, life goes on.

Axxe
05-23-2006, 07:33 PM
No doubt. I had a nice ****up, tried to avoid an accident and bent a control arm. Next time I'm t-boning the ****er. That's my lesson learned :D

Passaturbo
05-23-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm going to leave this post and community with one message:

Modesty is supremacy.

(BTW the car in my profile is BS, they didn't even make a 03 Passat 1.8T AWD)

If this situation ever happens to me I'll feel very guilty. Hopefully I won't ever over steer that much considering my engine is in the back and I have AWD.;)

So long and people please, please drop the uppity egos. *wave*

paul christians
05-23-2006, 07:36 PM
so do not bash him than.........

Justin e36
05-23-2006, 07:39 PM
Alright, we're locking this thread.

Mistakes were made, the owner of the M3 has admitted his fault. He has learned an expensive lesson, not only financially, but also in terms of pride. I believe it's safe to assume we have all done stupid things once upon a time before we learned both our personal limits, and the limits of our vehicles---hopefully without injuring anyone or causing property damage. None of us would be walking, if we didn't stumble, fall, learn something, and try again. Let's agree that this member has learned his lesson, and will hopefully be heedful in the future.

There are excellent BMW advanced driver training courses available that I recommend everyone attends, regardless of what vehicle you drive or how powerful it is. We also have countless maXbimmer events for race junkies to advance your skills in a controlled environment. You can even learn a lot just by riding shotgun with a certified race instructor.

One lesson that I feel has not been emphasized enough here, is to ensure your passengers are buckled up while you're behind the wheel. Things like this happen, sometimes from mechanical failure. Count your blessings that no one has been injured. The M3 can be repaired or replaced, people however, can not.

The members from vwvortex.com had a lot of insightful things to say on their forum (both positive and negative criticism), unfortunately much of that charisma was lost in translation by those that chose to represent their forum over here. Of course, they are free to continue on our forum as contributing members. I would also like to remind our members to avoid personal attacks, towards both visitors, and resident members.

Good luck with your car "Pure GQ".

Justin