PDA

View Full Version : Electric fan relocation?

djcontra
05-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi,

For those who have intercoolers on their E36's did you need to remove or relocate the electric fan in order for it to fit properly? Are there any tips or instructions you can shoot my way? I was thinking of mounting the electric fan on the opposite side of the rad to suck air in like the engine fan would (if I had an engine fan :D)

Thanks

SickFinga
05-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Hi,

For those who have intercoolers on their E36's did you need to remove or relocate the electric fan in order for it to fit properly? Are there any tips or instructions you can shoot my way? I was thinking of mounting the electric fan on the opposite side of the rad to suck air in like the engine fan would (if I had an engine fan :D)

Thanks

I got an electric puller fan installed behind the radiator andnd a small pusher fan in front of the heat exchanger for the aftercooler that is mounter in front of the rad. (no auxiliary or engine fan)
I dont see how an intercooler would be in a way of the fan though.

P.S. I got 16" puller SPAL fan for sale ;) (Didnt fit my car because of the crank pulley

Furious
05-16-2006, 04:56 PM
i didnt have to remove my auxilury fan , it fit no problem in front, however if you do get a huge intercooler you will have to remove it, it also depends on how the outlet arms are positioned. any pics of waht kinda of IC your looking at?

p.s how much for the fan Vlad?>

SickFinga
05-16-2006, 05:16 PM
$150

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58137

here is what I got

djcontra
05-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Cool, thanks guys...I was just looking at some cars on bimmerforums and it appeared as if they all had no electric fan after the IC was installed. If I can still fit an IC with 2.5" inlet/outlet with the fan still in there, then that's perfect!
Will probably pick one up thursday...