PDA

View Full Version : Problems changing foglight

OILERS
05-16-2006, 01:39 PM
ok, this doesn't sound as stupid as the title, well, i hope not. on the weekend i wanted to change my driver side bulb for the fog light. it has been burnt out for awhile. it is a simple thing. so i pop out the fog light, pull out the plug/wire and now i'm holding the fog light in my hand. oh, i have a 1994 325is. i go to run that black piece at the back so i can take it off. the stupid thing won't budge. i have an old fog light lying around which the glass is broken. so i grab that one and notice that for the black piece you just need to twist it slightly, then pull it off. but the thing won't turn on this one. i tried so hard and nothing.

any idea why, any idea on how i can get it to twist without breaking the damn thing, pisses me off. something so simple and i get this problem.

OILERS
05-25-2006, 12:56 PM
anyone with an answer.

cisco911
05-25-2006, 01:10 PM
usually it gets stuck from not being opened in a long time. Salt, water, sand, etc will get caught up inside and cause it to lock up. Only advise i can give is put as much force as you can and make sure you are turning the right way(i believe it comes off counter-clock-wise, but don't quote me on that). If you break the black plastic piece, just use the one from your broken foglight.

ara325
05-25-2006, 01:16 PM
A little WD-40 goes a long way*angel*

///Milan
05-25-2006, 06:21 PM
I just had a fit replacing mine. The cage or bracket which holds in the light is hard to get off as you have to get to the screws which were put on from the inside out and it's easier to take off the bumper and do it that way. They made it really complex to just replace a foglight.

Justin e36
05-25-2006, 09:00 PM
yeah, just stuck.. happens a lot when the rubber gasket isn't seated properly. maybe some lube... I just force it open though.