PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! Anyone have an OBDI scan tool?

Autotechnica
05-13-2006, 01:58 PM
I'm in Richmond Hill. I'm trying to get my BMW running that's been sitting around all winter. It started and ran fine a couple weeks ago. I never drove it around though. I think it may have a clogged o2 sensor. I tried starting it today and a loud backfire from the exhaust pipe and some smoke from the engine bay and it died. Afterwards, when I tried to start the car, it wouldn't hold idle, it would keep stalling. Sounds like it misfires when I hit the gas. Anyways, there is a check engine light on. It's a '94 318i. I took out the spark plugs and they were completely covered in carbon, seems right. I did many cold starts without properly letting the engine warm up. I flooded it numerous times too because my battery is weak. 2 plugs had some oil on them. I replaced the plugs with new ones I had laying around. It did the same thing. There is no oil leaking, so I'm pretty sure I haven't blown anything. I'm thinking because I never run the car properly and drive it around that maybe an O2 sensor has gone bad. Anyways, I need a scan tool to be sure. Please if anybody has some, I can pay you to scan my car or to borrow the tool. Thanks!

Bryan

propr'one
05-13-2006, 02:05 PM
rico328i has one. He's very busy, i dont know if he can drive out to richmond hill, but it might be worth a Pm

Autotechnica
05-13-2006, 02:07 PM
rico328i has one. He's very busy, i dont know if he can drive out to richmond hill, but it might be worth a Pm

Thanks, I thought he had an OBD2 scan tool though. I think that's what he told me last time anyways. I have an OBD2 scan tool if anyone needs to reset or scan anything. Free of charge :)

Bry

propr'one
05-13-2006, 02:55 PM
he has the BMW connector one. It connects to your data port under your hood. he scanned lee (proliphic's) car, and its a 1992, so he should be ok

NickP
05-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Did the stamp the foot on the accelerator 5 times work?

Autotechnica
05-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Did the stamp the foot on the accelerator 5 times work?

Haven't tried that yet. does it give the same results? I did that once in my '92, it gave me bogus info and it turned out to be different when I used the scan tool.

Bry

Autotechnica
05-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Anyone have Rico's number? I lost it. Thanks. Please PM me with it.

Bry

NickP
05-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Haven't tried that yet. does it give the same results? I did that once in my '92, it gave me bogus info and it turned out to be different when I used the scan tool.

Bry
For my 1995 it flashed out the stored codes.

Soldo
05-14-2006, 04:14 PM
You dumbass..... i have the damn scantool and i've had it for ages!!

Why don't you try calling me sometime, you just don't care about me anymore, its the damn Volvo, its killing you..... its killing US Bry!!

Just call me man, you don't have to pay me, but you are gonna have to pick me up in the Volvs!

Autotechnica
05-15-2006, 07:44 AM
You dumbass..... i have the damn scantool and i've had it for ages!!

Why don't you try calling me sometime, you just don't care about me anymore, its the damn Volvo, its killing you..... its killing US Bry!!

Just call me man, you don't have to pay me, but you are gonna have to pick me up in the Volvs!

lol, damn you're such a fruit.

Kev, you live waaaaaay too far man. And I do try to contact you, but YOU'RE the one who's always busy. Are you ever anywhere near Richmond Hill? I'm in no hurry actually, my car isn't going anywhere for the time being ;)

Bry