PDA

View Full Version : clutch problem.

330ci05
05-13-2006, 12:07 PM
I only have 21 000km on my car and since the first day that I bought the car the flywheel clutch would chatter, It go louder and louder, now the clutch feels like it's almost gone. The engagement point is sooo much higher then b4, it's almost all the way to the top, and it's soo hard to shift from 1st to second gear, at 6.5rpm's it doesn't bite as hard and I cant shift, most of the time I miss shift and grind the gears, that cant be good :(:(:(, and also when Im in neutral and rev the engine my whole car SHAKES, not that much but still shakes, I though that;s normal, until my friends 325ci didnt(his is soooo smooth and he has TSE3 and dinan CAI), what could cause the shaking? Could it be the flywheel since I think it's facked? I was thinking of getting the flywheel/clutch kit from UUC to replace my messed up stock kit, since the flywheel is lighter is it easy to bend or brake if I launch the car hard? Or it's made for it or should I go to bmw and make them fix it?

thanx guys!!!!!

Lester
05-13-2006, 12:33 PM
I only have 21 000km on my car and since the first day that I bought the car the flywheel clutch would chatter, It go louder and louder, now the clutch feels like it's almost gone. The engagement point is sooo much higher then b4, it's almost all the way to the top, and it's soo hard to shift from 1st to second gear, at 6.5rpm's it doesn't bite as hard and I cant shift, most of the time I miss shift and grind the gears, that cant be good :(:(:(, and also when Im in neutral and rev the engine my whole car SHAKES, not that much but still shakes, I though that;s normal, until my friends 325ci didnt(his is soooo smooth and he has TSE3 and dinan CAI), what could cause the shaking? Could it be the flywheel since I think it's facked? I was thinking of getting the flywheel/clutch kit from UUC to replace my messed up stock kit, since the flywheel is lighter is it easy to bend or brake if I launch the car hard? Or it's made for it or should I go to bmw and make them fix it?

thanx guys!!!!!Sounds like your release bearing - However with all the hard launches you've been doing? Be very cautious going to the Dealer, unless you know the SA really well, you could have your warranty snookered due to MODS. Yorgi on e46 has been looking for a clutch too - check his posts over there - he's the king of research.

Db

330ci05
05-13-2006, 12:44 PM
i will replace the whole flywheel and clutch with the UUC kit, what about the shaking?? what do u think that could be?

thanx

Bmwstylz
05-13-2006, 12:50 PM
motor mounts maybe? It sounds like you beat the shit outta your car so could be a one of many problems.

I would start by putting in a complete clutch kit, and resurfacing your flywheel. Hopefully that will solve the problems.

330ci05
05-13-2006, 01:08 PM
the motor doesn't shake that much, the rest of the car does, i wouldn't say beat the shit out of it lol, i'm goin to take it easy on it from now on...