PDA

View Full Version : into F1 again

kamus
05-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Allow me to shamefully enthuse for a few minutes. Pretend your're standing at the bar, pint in hand...

Saw Schuey win in spectacular fashion at Nurburgring. He put in 4 stonking laps after Alonso pitted, gained 1.5 seconds, and then gained 2 more during a shorter pit stop and came out in front. (They were only 1.2 seconds apart when Alonso pitted from first place) Aaaawesome!

I used to hear some dismiss this kind of thing as "winning in the pits" but now i can see that that's total bollucks. Of course the whole team did a fabulous job. It is a team sport. But those four laps were the fastest of the race so far. Right after the pit stop when I saw the clock read 6.6 seconds for the stop, I was punching the air - and so were the mechanics understandably. (Alonso's stop was over 8s) And three laps later he'd opened up a 7second lead and it was all over. Poor alonso seemed to not even bother opening his champagne on the podium. The 3 ferrari boys gave the German politicians a damn good soaking. And Massa got his first ever podium and press room interview.

Can't wait for Barcelona this weekend. Qualifying is exciting again. Speed channel even shows Saturday practice at 3am. And there'll be 18000 additional spaniards filling the new grandstands to see their boy hopefully get trounced at home!

kamus
05-12-2006, 12:39 PM
oops - sorry- moving thread to Off-Topic!
(could someone let me know how to delete this thread?)

Darkness95m3
05-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Ferrari are bunch of cry babies.

paul christians
05-12-2006, 05:29 PM
here is some cheese with your wine...FERRARI...............

twboy1999
05-12-2006, 06:10 PM
ferrari are bunch of cry babies??

is more like other teams are bunch of babies when ferrari start to win races

Prash
05-12-2006, 10:19 PM
I miss the day's when Schumacher was Mr. 2nd place behind Mika.

Go McLaren.