PDA

View Full Version : Angle eyes

Alex Dee
05-11-2006, 09:32 PM
I know this may sound dumb to most ppl on this forum but i just made Angle eye rings and i want to install them on my lights but i was curious on how you guys would go about doing that, like the plastic covering the lights need to be removed i have herd putting it in the oven but i think thats not such a good idea

ANY IDEAS OR HOW U ACTUALLY DID IT????

Justin e36
05-11-2006, 09:40 PM
Hi Alex, I made my angel eye rings too. We'll need to know what kind of car/headlights you're installing these in to give more information though.

bimmer318ti
05-11-2006, 09:53 PM
I know this may sound dumb to most ppl on this forum but i just made Angle eye rings and i want to install them on my lights but i was curious on how you guys would go about doing that, like the plastic covering the lights need to be removed i have herd putting it in the oven but i think thats not such a good idea

ANY IDEAS OR HOW U ACTUALLY DID IT????

Judging by your profile, you say that you have a 318ti. 318ti's came with US style plastic headlights, which most people do not instal angel rings on. Most people upgrade to the Euro style glass headlights and then put the rings in. Depo is a great company, if you are working with a tight buget.

Alex Dee
05-11-2006, 10:18 PM
yes i do have a 318ti and where can oi get these cheap headlights that you are talking about??:puke: *par-t*

bimmer318ti
05-11-2006, 10:29 PM
ebay - http://cgi.ebay.ca/BMW-E36-M3-318ti-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHTS-CCFL-ANGEL-EYES_W0QQitemZ8064955913QQcategoryZ33710QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

Ebay - Cheapest place. We had a group buy not to long ago. You missed out.

spooner_dee
05-11-2006, 11:28 PM
If you want to save on money then yes, you put your headlights in the oven at like 200F for 15 min or something of that matter, just enough to liquify the glue. remove the cover's install the rings, heat them back up, lay a new bead of silicone as well then stick em back together and enjoy.

Stev3-o
05-14-2006, 06:56 PM
i bought angel eyes on ebay a while ago, couldnt figure out how to remove the headlights. i have an x5 2001. other possible problems are wiring/switch. and i will have to learn how to do this when one burns out.

i did think of getting a local shop to do it for me...but don't know which has expereience with this. also it might be pricey.

first post
-steve

jameswbl
05-15-2006, 01:14 AM
easy DIY...if you know how to bake and know simple wiring...

DON'T DO NOT put silicone during reasembly...you won't be able to reopen it