PDA

View Full Version : Supra Vs 03 Svt Cobra!!!!!!!!!!


mkgino
11-05-2002, 06:24 AM
WOW


http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=51637

330DTM
11-05-2002, 11:33 AM
Hehe seen it. That guy used to own an AA turbo'ed M3.

But heck, I love how that Supra sounds and how it smokes those Domestics, looks like the Mustang had some trouble trying to flex it's American muscle power :P

Kal
11-05-2002, 09:48 PM
quality sux...can't make it out exactly

mkgino
11-05-2002, 10:52 PM
Yeah but the race was badass, It looked good from what I could see......*th-up*

tlaselva
11-08-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by 328DTM
Hehe seen it. That guy used to own an AA turbo'ed M3.

But heck, I love how that Supra sounds and how it smokes those Domestics, looks like the Mustang had some trouble trying to flex it's American muscle power :P

That's not exactly a fair race.

The Supra's pushing over 500 HP/trq to the rear, not exactly stock. Racing a stock SVT.

The Supra owner is a real tuff guy, picking on cars he knows isn't a fair race. Why doesn't he race a modified SVT? One with the 21 psi pully upgrade? That'd be a fair race. But I doubt he'd do that cuz his precious little ego couldn't withstand loosing. Little baby.

Like me racing a Honda S2000 and later bragging about it..... :rolleyes:

I'd rather race a simalarly powered vehicle, like a Ford Lightning! (Hint hint) ;)

MP328
11-08-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by tlaselva




I'd rather race a simalarly powered vehicle, like a Ford Lightning! (Hint hint) ;)

that's not a really fair race either. the m3 is listed as 0.6 sec faster then the Lightning

tlaselva
11-09-2002, 11:45 AM
I take performance numbers with a grain of salt.

Gladdo got a 14 flat in Cayuga several weeks ago, and Gladdo's a good driver.
I've watched the videos of the run, and he got off a good launch.

Doubt many people can consistently get 13's with a E46 M3, not unless you do a punishing burnout, perfect launch and power shift it all the way through, which is not something I would do.

The lightning's weight gives it an edge in the lauch dept, and with 450 lbs of torque, it almost doubles my M3.

I think the 1320 will be a closer race than magazines would lead you to believe. Personally I wouldn't be surprised if I lost. I think it'll all come down to reaction time and the launch.

Jon@Bimmersport
11-09-2002, 04:48 PM
i'd like to see a modded supra vs modded svt cobra! that'd be sick, off the line, and then hwy race....i saw this sick mustang (i know i hate em but..) it was the anniversary edition (2002 model i guess) it was red, lowered, black leather it looked SWEET!! i'd drive a lowered 2002 mustang GT

tlaselva
11-09-2002, 06:38 PM
Ya, those older Mustangs do have there shortcomings, but since there aftermarket is so HUGE, aftermarket parts are dirt cheap.

When you buy one, you have to be aware that they need about another 10 G's to have them handle and stop properly. Drop 20 G's into one, and you'll have one nasty ride.

Jon@Bimmersport
11-09-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by tlaselva
Ya, those older Mustangs do have there shortcomings, but since there aftermarket is so HUGE, aftermarket parts are dirt cheap.

When you buy one, you have to be aware that they need about another 10 G's to have them handle and stop properly. Drop 20 G's into one, and you'll have one nasty ride.

10G to make it handle and brake properly?! do you mean so its controlable or so it can be used in auto X

tlaselva
11-10-2002, 01:29 AM
I'd say so the car is respectable handling.
The mustangs nosedive badly during hard braking, and lean like a greyhound on the turns. Nothin' a set of coilovers, swaybars and brake set can't fix though.
Don't know if that'd be enough to take the car x'ing with it though.

moerom
11-12-2002, 03:00 AM
Tony, the only thing keeping me sane through these winter months is the fact that we are going to Cayuga this Spring!!!

As for the Lightning having a 5.8 0-60mph time ....

Lets just say Ford underrated this truck big time.

Car and Driver got 5.01 seconds 0.60.

One guy on the Lightning forums got a 4.4 second 0-60 (hello 360 Spider) with a chip, pulley, intake, an shift kit, on stock tires.

Mind you, Im sure the M division underrates its cars too!
I got the chance to race an M5 in a 360 Modena, and the M5 stayed right beside until 130-140 km/h.

Tony, with your Launch control, I might be in for an ass whuppin!

As for the Supra, trust me there are guys who have something for that Supra.

With a K&N filter, catback, Lightning pulley, and slicks, an otherwise stock 03 Cobra ran 11.6.

That means you just embarrassed a Lambo Murcielago, Porsche GT2, a Ferrari 575MM, a Dodge Viper, and are right beside a McLaren F1 (for the quarter mile at least lol)...

mkgino
11-12-2002, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by moerom
Tony, the only thing keeping me sane through these winter months is the fact that we are going to Cayuga this Spring!!!

As for the Lightning having a 5.8 0-60mph time ....

Lets just say Ford underrated this truck big time.

Car and Driver got 5.01 seconds 0.60.

One guy on the Lightning forums got a 4.4 second 0-60 (hello 360 Spider) with a chip, pulley, intake, an shift kit, on stock tires.

Mind you, Im sure the M division underrates its cars too!
I got the chance to race an M5 in a 360 Modena, and the M5 stayed right beside until 130-140 km/h.

Tony, with your Launch control, I might be in for an ass whuppin!

As for the Supra, trust me there are guys who have something for that Supra.

With a K&N filter, catback, Lightning pulley, and slicks, an otherwise stock 03 Cobra ran 11.6.

That means you just embarrassed a Lambo Murcielago, Porsche GT2, a Ferrari 575MM, a Dodge Viper, and are right beside a McLaren F1 (for the quarter mile at least lol)...

Im not discrediting anything you just said but let me give you an example with my car. C&D tested a 328is and got a 0-60 at 6.0-6.2 sec once, does it mean that it will do it all the time?? nope. See I feel that all cars are overrated never underrated. See for you to get a 0-60 in your lightning, of 5.01sec, believe me when I say there wont be much of your car left afterwards. You would have to launch so hard and rape your clutch and all of your cars components, that only your four tires would roll over the finish line, with the body left behind at the starting line. And this is with any car, not just a ford. It is hard to get the times that they do in the mags just because they could be exaggerated, or testing conditions could be different and also the driver that is testing the car is also a professional.

tlaselva
11-12-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by moerom

With a K&N filter, catback, Lightning pulley, and slicks, an otherwise stock 03 Cobra ran 11.6.

That means you just embarrassed a Lambo Murcielago, Porsche GT2, a Ferrari 575MM, a Dodge Viper, and are right beside a McLaren F1 (for the quarter mile at least lol)...

Damn, mid 11 sec car with minor mods, Ford or not, I've got to get me one of these.......... *devil*

Jon@Bimmersport
11-12-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by tlaselva


Damn, mid 11 sec car with minor mods, Ford or not, I've got to get me one of these.......... *devil*

hey we are talkin bout only 1/4 mile times....according to autotechnica...we are ricers! :rolleyes:

tlaselva..i say toss the m3 over to me and get yourself a red cobra! *wave* hahaha j/k

moerom
11-12-2002, 10:36 PM
Mkgino, you are absolutely right. When it comes to producing numbers, there are always inconsistencies, and when it comes to the amateur driver to actually do it, its so much harder.

I have setup an amateur chronometer.

I mounted my cam to my truck to film the speedo, and did a shitty acceleration run (spinning through first), and managed a 5.8. Other attempts netted me 5.4 - 5.6. This was timed frame by frame during DV playback on my comp. Not exactly accurate but good ballpark figures.

I need a chip real fast!

mkgino
11-30-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by moerom
Mkgino, you are absolutely right. When it comes to producing numbers, there are always inconsistencies, and when it comes to the amateur driver to actually do it, its so much harder.

I have setup an amateur chronometer.

I mounted my cam to my truck to film the speedo, and did a shitty acceleration run (spinning through first), and managed a 5.8. Other attempts netted me 5.4 - 5.6. This was timed frame by frame during DV playback on my comp. Not exactly accurate but good ballpark figures.

I need a chip real fast!

Ok, just wondering all this stuff you plan on doing to your car like a chip or a pulley kit (I think u mentioned this somewhere). Wont this void your warranty?

moerom
12-04-2002, 11:14 PM
This Jesus post (resurrection) looks bad, but I can never leave a question untended to:

My dealer is very mod friendly. As soon as I signed the papers, they asked if I wanted it with or without a chip.

As long as they install all the shit, warranty remains intact.

tlaselva
12-05-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by moerom
This Jesus post (resurrection) looks bad, but I can never leave a question untended to:

My dealer is very mod friendly. As soon as I signed the papers, they asked if I wanted it with or without a chip.

As long as they install all the shit, warranty remains intact.

Dealerships like that are rare, but they are out there.

Which Ford dealership is this?

It's nice to know you can mod your car/truck, and having ur warranty stay intact. *th-up*

You must have said yes to the chip offer from the dealership I would assume........:D

Jon@Bimmersport
12-05-2002, 04:31 PM
well im guessing if your buying a sports truck with so much power and potential, and you are moreom's age...they will ask, what brand chip is it? any you choose or?

moerom
12-05-2002, 05:21 PM
Tony, the dealership is Hwy. 27/Steeles, Summit Ford.

Its a qualified SVT dealership, one of only 5 in and around Southern Ontario. I've never seen a dealership go out of its way so much.

They filled me up with 94 Sunoco before I picked it up, washed it, waxed it, sent me a year membership to SVTOA (Owners Assoc.), and called me a month later to see how the truck was running.

Whenever I go in there, they are always smiling and completely at your service.

If anyone ever wants to buy a SVT vehicle, this is the place to do it from.


I actually turned down the chip, because I wanted to start out stock, and get used to the power it had from the factory. My dad looked at me funny when I said "No chip, thanks though" :D

Plus I wanna pay for all my mods myself, so I needed a bit more time.

The chip manufacturer was Diablosport, but any chip will do, as long as its dyno tuned. Generic chips can be detrimental to a car because there are factory variances. I'm going to do a dyno pull (wuth A/F ratio) in the spring and send it to Superchips to have a chip custom burned for me.

They had a nice Black 03 Cobra Convert on the showroom floor, and their aftermarket parts dept. in the back has anything anyone could ever need...

Take care guys...

moerom
12-05-2002, 05:21 PM
Tony, the dealership is Hwy. 27/Steeles, Summit Ford.

Its a qualified SVT dealership, one of only 5 in and around Southern Ontario. I've never seen a dealership go out of its way so much.

They filled me up with 94 Sunoco before I picked it up, washed it, waxed it, sent me a year membership to SVTOA (Owners Assoc.), and called me a month later to see how the truck was running.

Whenever I go in there, they are always smiling and completely at your service.

If anyone ever wants to buy a SVT vehicle, this is the place to do it from.


I actually turned down the chip, because I wanted to start out stock, and get used to the power it had from the factory. My dad looked at me funny when I said "No chip, thanks though" :D

Plus I wanna pay for all my mods myself, so I needed a bit more time.

The chip manufacturer was Diablosport, but any chip will do, as long as its dyno tuned. Generic chips can be detrimental to a car because there are factory variances. I'm going to do a dyno pull (wuth A/F ratio) in the spring and send it to Superchips to have a chip custom burned for me.

They had a nice Black 03 Cobra Convert on the showroom floor, and their aftermarket parts dept. in the back has anything anyone could ever need...

Take care guys...

moerom
12-05-2002, 05:25 PM
Sorry about the double post.
I hate Rogers.*uzi*

mkgino
12-05-2002, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by moerom
Tony, the dealership is Hwy. 27/Steeles, Summit Ford.

Its a qualified SVT dealership, one of only 5 in and around Southern Ontario. I've never seen a dealership go out of its way so much.

They filled me up with 94 Sunoco before I picked it up, washed it, waxed it, sent me a year membership to SVTOA (Owners Assoc.), and called me a month later to see how the truck was running.

Whenever I go in there, they are always smiling and completely at your service.

If anyone ever wants to buy a SVT vehicle, this is the place to do it from.


I actually turned down the chip, because I wanted to start out stock, and get used to the power it had from the factory. My dad looked at me funny when I said "No chip, thanks though" :D

Plus I wanna pay for all my mods myself, so I needed a bit more time.

The chip manufacturer was Diablosport, but any chip will do, as long as its dyno tuned. Generic chips can be detrimental to a car because there are factory variances. I'm going to do a dyno pull (wuth A/F ratio) in the spring and send it to Superchips to have a chip custom burned for me.

They had a nice Black 03 Cobra Convert on the showroom floor, and their aftermarket parts dept. in the back has anything anyone could ever need...

Take care guys...

HA, when I picked up my car from Downtown BMW, it ony had 1/4 tank of gas in it, cheapskates!