PDA

View Full Version : Well I fixed the sound..

Redster
05-09-2006, 08:58 PM
I went to a local audio shop to get my sound system fixed. Turns out amp was dying on me so I ended up changing everything, and IMO it doesn't look too bad. We did try to fit it behind those pop-up doors but it didn't work because bottom portion of the deck would be covered (almost 1"). I took the cable for the OBC out to the glove box so if I ever need to change anything I can just connect it there.

I just got JVC MP3 player, nothing fancy, but it has USB connection so I got 1GB memory stick, much easier then CDs. I had no idea there were so many speakers in the car (12 I believe) plus 4 subs, so we put in alpine amp to connect all of them.

Here are some pics:

http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/8287/stereo13sy.jpg
http://img290.imageshack.us/img290/4912/stereo20ag.jpg

T.Dot_E30
05-09-2006, 09:13 PM
i hate the look of aftermarket decks in new bmws.

But as long as you like it, *th-up* .

Darkness95m3
05-09-2006, 09:21 PM
i hate the look of aftermarket decks in new bmws.

But as long as you like it, *th-up* .

I agree.

spooner_dee
05-09-2006, 10:12 PM
you dont keep your amp tucked away and covered in such a small place do you? Thats not too good for am amp, with all the heat they give off.

i dont like the look of your dash at all, that big waste of space around the radio.... but if your happy, congrats

paul christians
05-09-2006, 10:30 PM
looks ok man,and sorry that did not get back to you man I am some what besy here....plus I am in AJAX too...

Redster
05-09-2006, 11:31 PM
I agree hat stock looks much better, but this is the best aftermarket solution I was able to find. Sound is much better then stock, and I really didn't feel like either waiting to find used amp, or buying new one from the dealer with $2000 price tag. Stock system is great while it works. I'm thinking about putting navigation touch screen where the head unit is now, so that would cover most of the space there (where stock head unit and obc used to be).

Redster
05-09-2006, 11:32 PM
looks ok man,and sorry that did not get back to you man I am some what besy here....plus I am in AJAX too...

No problem :)