PDA

View Full Version : Tires

DAM
05-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Need to purchase some tires for the 944 turbo. Looking on www.thetirerack.com, they have some good deals and the exchange rate is good right now. Need some high-performance tires for the car, it won't be driven a lot, so, tread wear is not too importannt, but should be considered. There are so many different tires out there, what are the differences between them? here are some that I am looking at

http://www.yokohamatire.com/TireIntro.asp?TireID=9&ID=uhp

http://www.ca.pirelli.com/en_CA/tyres/catalog/tyre_category.jhtml?catid=CAE_UHP&productid=9163

Also looking at bridgestone potenza's

E36is
05-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Consider NEXEN N3000 high performance tires. I just picked them up today for my car. I talked to a few people who have them on their vehicles and they all have had positive recommendations. Treadwear is 340. Traction is AA and temperature is A. I picked them up for 500 CDN balanced and installed.

Oldschool..

Mystikal
05-09-2006, 12:22 AM
Give me a size and budget, I'll make recommendations.

DAM
05-09-2006, 09:58 AM
Front : 205/55VR-16
Rear : 225/50VR-16

Off the tire rack, were looking at $78- a bit over $100 for the pirelli's, they seem to have much better deals down there, equivilant prices up here seem to be $150-$200

My dad just told me he just found some BF Goodrich G-force for like 75 a tire. Any comments on these?

Mystikal
05-09-2006, 07:29 PM
I'd hope you're planning to drive on your old tires to Niagara and mount the new ones down there, because UPS will quickly erase any sort of money you'd be saving by purchasing from Tirerack.

Anyways, good choices in that price range are:
Kumho SPT (seriously an excellent tire, but with their long treadlife you may be giving up more performance than you desire).
BFG G-Force Sport (also great, but with slightly less capable wet traction).
Hankook Z212 RS2 (my choice of the lot; very stickly, and very fun, though they won't last as long as the other two).

DAM
05-09-2006, 09:43 PM
I was thinkin it might be expensive to ship, we will see though. Thanks for the advice, will look into the Kumho and Hankook as well.

DAM
05-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Got the BF Goodrich G-Force Sport, ended up saving about $250 over what we priced on Active Green + Ross, thetirerack was great and the tires were here same week I ordered

Jim@tirerack
05-23-2006, 04:18 PM
If I can ever help just email or give me a call. We do have installers in the Buffalo NY area that we can ship to.