View Full Version : help me with a e34 m5 im interested in

Thadose
05-08-2006, 03:08 AM
i am thinking of buying

its a 1991 and has 190 000kilometers so like 117 000miles
its a 2 owner car, clean carfax
black on black leather no rips and no cracks on dashboard
has been lowered a bit with adjustable shocks
exhuast on the lowered side but not to much ( normally not a fan)

its been painted before and the back has some clear coat runs under the tail lights and some "fish eye" effect on the back of the trunk... rest of the car is alrite 3 spots of rust (just surface) top of window frame, bottom of fender and under bottom moulding of the rear pass door

needs new tires in the near future, rear tail light cracked and i think the head lights arnt projectors just plain like the inner ones ( were they changed?)

the guy selling says he is willing to sell it for 8300 cnd to me he was asking 9 for it..

he says he will get the safety done and emissions test

what do u guys think.... this is new ground for me.. used to e36's parts kinda easyer to get for them

any thoughts would be helpful

crusher
05-08-2006, 12:52 PM
are you kidding me? 8300 CND?!? I would get that in a heart beat, just make sure you make some room to change wear items.. Also, make sure you get the engine changed by someone who knows the engine, you don't want to end up with a big bill for an engine rebuilt. BigD should be able to give you some more detailed stuff to look at, he use to have a e34 M5.

Jeff

TheMadChigga
05-09-2006, 02:27 AM
why was it painted that I would try to find out, and check the timing chain, the guide may need to be changed, I'd check out the rear sub frame bushings, they are pricey.

Qube
05-09-2006, 01:42 PM
CarFax it and some pictures. Then cross post to bimmer.info and we'll comb through it with you in detail ;)

Thadose
05-09-2006, 09:07 PM
clean car fax
i should have pics in a couple days

looked at the painted job again with a guy who paints cars
says its just clear coat issue and he can fix it easy

Thadose
05-10-2006, 11:51 PM
im not gunna get it
went to see it today again
ac dont work
left turn signal dont even turn on in the cluster let alone they dont work outside
the check engine light is on now
i duno if i stayed longer the list would probly continue

so ya dont have time to start looking into these

if anyone interested in it im sure he will drop the price abit i can give someone his contact number