PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!!!

///MAC
05-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Ok guys I have a 735 from 1989 that hasnt been driven for about 2 months. Now the battery is dead so tonight we tried to go and start it, and we noticed we cant open up the car. The car locks wont unlock themselves. Now there has to be a manual setting to unlock the car but i dont know how to do it. YES ive tried putting the key into the key hole and turning but that doesnt do anything. we got the trunk open but thats about it. I also noticed that there is a ski bag, Does anyone know how to remove the sky bag so that we can use are hands to unlock the door from the inside?

PLEASE GUYS I NEED HELP. ANY TRICKS OR ANYTHING TO UNLOCK THIS CAR!!!!

Thanks

Mike

e30_kid89
05-07-2006, 09:43 PM
turn it hard!! not too much that ur gonna break the key but sometimes wen i have the power disconnected u have to use a lil more power to turn the key.

hope it works

///MAC
05-07-2006, 09:45 PM
I tried turning it but im affraid it wont budge, how much is a little more power lol???

like one one side it wont move at all to the left (unlocking position) ...and on the driver side it moves to about 11 or 10 oclock but then stops...

propr'one
05-07-2006, 10:09 PM
do those older 7er's have battery connectors in the trunk? for some reason i think they do but im not sure. Check the boot for it, if its there, plug in a battery and try again

EuroSpectacle
05-08-2006, 12:42 PM
I had to do this once. Im thinking about it now. And Honestly I dont remember how I got in.. this was on an e30 with batt in the trunk and ski bag. I know I removed the ski bag, and boosted from the ski bag hole ( my hood latch siezed so no secondary terminals for me. I just used an almost dead battery, so I had enough juice to unlock.

///MAC
05-08-2006, 07:30 PM
I found everything thanks guys, there is an option that allows for emergency entry when battery is dead, its turning the key to about 6 olcock in the unlocking position.

thanks

Mike

crusher
05-08-2006, 10:10 PM
thank goodness you didn't have to saw the ski bag area to get in lol.. it happened on my old 3series