PDA

View Full Version : Bad experience at BimmerWorld

SickFinga
05-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Stay away from BIMMERWORLD unless you want unauthorized charges on you credit card.
Full story here

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527946

This was resolved, refund was issued. Thread Closed

mirek
05-03-2006, 07:54 PM
shitty deal.... ship them back (or decline shipment) and fiile a chargebaack with visa

SickFinga
05-03-2006, 07:57 PM
i already received them
don think shipping them back was a good idea
since shipping is non refundable
But I'm considering calling VISA to see what they got to say.

mirek
05-03-2006, 08:04 PM
as if i'd care, i'd ship them back, bite the shipping back to them, and then get all my money back. they ****ed up. you're nicer than i am

WhadUpp
05-03-2006, 08:09 PM
I don't see why 'Neil' couldnt retry to complete the transaction over the phone.

Don't know exactly but seems to me he wanted to get you out of his hair by directing you online. If they quoted 55 then you shouldn't expect triple charge. If they made the mistake they should own up to it or offer some other sort of solution.

The other racing dude from the 'competitor racing side' sure sticks together like a bowl of rice.

They both speak the same language when it comes to customers but really it would be better for BW to resolve this with you.

Now it will cast a shadow of doubt over BW which is why I don't see how their stand on this over the net will make them look any better, it will do the opposite as more and more people see the thread.

I hope they make a better effort next time to be crystal clear with their customers' requests and intentions.

shimajer
05-03-2006, 08:09 PM
yo that BMLRacer is so dumb, I dont have an account so I am not posting there but he is bringing up examples that has nothing to do with your case. Just charging a customer for something that he /she doesn't want is ridiculous. You should get your refund.

jer

propr'one
05-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Vlad, honestly, these people are stealing your money because of thier mistake. THEY ****ed up, THEY pay for it. end of story

Understated
05-03-2006, 08:21 PM
yo that BMLRacer is so dumb, I dont have an account so I am not posting there but he is bringing up examples that has nothing to do with your case. Just charging a customer for something that he /she doesn't want is ridiculous. You should get your refund.

jer

agreed i felt like laughing at that dumbasses posts...Vlad you definately are entitled to your money, definately give VISA a call!

mirek
05-03-2006, 08:21 PM
I dont think they're stealing his money, and I believe them they that are not pocketing the 165$, but they did **** up, and should be held responsible regardless.

propr'one
05-03-2006, 08:23 PM
how are they not stealing his money? I never said they were pocketing it

shimajer
05-03-2006, 08:39 PM
if they have to lose $110 to make a customer feel satisfied, then i guess they will have to

Axxe
05-03-2006, 08:58 PM
if they have to lose $110 to make a customer feel satisfied, then i guess they will have to

I bet that if they gave the $110 in BW credit Vlad wouldn't have refused. If it that happened immediately.

Ant118
05-03-2006, 09:10 PM
I juist read it and Vlad has the upper hand on this. Yo only gave the permission for the $55 transaction. If it was anymore they should have notified you in someway. I dont think there pocketing the money just screwed up and they need to pay for it. And what is a Company like BW complaining about, they make riduculus (*sp) amount of money, what is 110 bucks to them. Vlad should get his money back. END OF STORY.

BigD
05-03-2006, 09:23 PM
It's all cause you can't speak any English, you commie bastard

But seriously, this is all on them. You don't really have legal recourse other than VISA and their tendency to be extremely trusting of their clients' claims. It's on their conscience to make a wrong thing right. Being too cheap to refund 110 bucks is going to cost him a shit load more.

Axxe
05-03-2006, 09:37 PM

But seriously, this is all on them. You don't really have legal recourse other than VISA and their tendency to be extremely trusting of their clients' claims. It's on their conscience to make a wrong thing right. Being too cheap to refund 110 bucks is going to cost him a shit load more.

Exactly. It should have been written off as the "cost of doing business."

Everyone makes mistakes, but if there is a misunderstanding, and the customer is overbilled, it needs to be corrected.

AMG_POWER
05-03-2006, 09:45 PM

hahah :D

Miguel
05-03-2006, 09:55 PM
Vlad, don't take that shit.... call your credit card company and reverse the charges if Bimmerworld doesn't credit you

WhadUpp
05-03-2006, 10:29 PM
BW just responded back

cliff notes- still denies mistake - willing to discount on future order

preference of credit to visa is more satisfactory solution IMO - you pay by visa you get credited by visa

btw proprone has a dont shop at Bimmerworld.com slogan at that site lol, Hes gonna definitely get a reaction from BW.

Furious
05-03-2006, 10:30 PM
ive been following this all day, as vlad notified me earlier today about this thread. it seems James creatively made a final post regarding the situation, i still believe vlad is in the right about this.. vlad you should email him and see what can be worked out, im sure he will give you store credit or something. as it seems anything short of getting visa to reverse the charges you aint gonna get shit. and that BMLracer guy needs to get a grip, and has no place in the thread, what he needs is to get ripped off like most of us canadians have been by US auto companies.

Ryousuke
05-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Wow... I just can't believe that somebody could be so ignorant.. That stupid James didn't even deal with you yet he took on the task to get those matters resolved. He should of go Neil to to talk to you again so maybe THEN Neil would get his memory refreshed instead of playing Broken telephone.

Vlad just do a chargeback on your Visa see if they can recover it for you and get all the money for all the parts.

staydown
05-03-2006, 11:28 PM
This is what needs to be done, and the language to Visa:

Call VISA, and say you were over billed by a merchant by $110 (US I assume).
Tell them you have tried to work it out with the company to refund you the money, yet they will not and have offered you a discount on future orders
request VISA to reverse the billing, VISA will then in turn pursue this matter with the merchant with a letter of complaint, if the merchant has several of these complaints they will have their ability to accept VISA payments suspended or even terminated.

The key is to be clear to VISA without disclosing too much, you're in the drivers seat, let BW defend themselves!

So, these guys have now, risked their ability to accept a form of payment, and lost countless customers... all over a $110....

Not good business.

Also, as this is being disputed, the $110 charge will still show on your CC statement, but will not accumulate interest, but it takes form your available spend limit.

d12
05-03-2006, 11:48 PM
ya that BMLRacer is a retard... call visa and do a charge back... all that shit for $100, i would call and do a chargeback on a whole damn amount of your order

Furious
05-04-2006, 12:21 AM
never fear guys prop'one is doing all the defending vlad needs...

roxy9
05-04-2006, 12:37 AM
if that happened to me they wouldnt have gotten their money cause i dont even have 110 bucks on my visa to bill!!!

BlitzSix
05-04-2006, 12:48 AM
I posted there

AlpWhitE46
05-04-2006, 12:54 AM
I don't get why you guys are arguing? i read that thread and i was laughing...
Vlad is right, and it is their stupid fault...

But when i read that thread, its hoenstyl like a bunch of kids screaming one side of their argument repeatedly, with the other side screaming theirs.... which is leading to no where...
You keep repeating shit, they don't get it or don't read it...

Simple, only thing to do, contact VISA..what else are you gonna do...

BlitzSix
05-04-2006, 12:56 AM
What else are you gonna do? If you read that thread the guy said he'll hoox him up with a discount on the next order, so...

AlpWhitE46
05-04-2006, 12:58 AM
What else are you gonna do? If you read that thread the guy said he'll hoox him up with a discount on the next order, so...

Oh no!! "sickfinga, let me make you feel happy, because i ****ed you over by a solid 110 bux...im gonna hook you up with a discount next time you buy here!"

too bad hes not going to ****ing buy there.

Deep 3.2TL
05-04-2006, 02:08 AM
Who is the BMLRacer and his constant changing of people's names... Propr'one - reply to him changing his name to "Butt Monkey Loving Racer"

Deep

bmdbley'sBro
05-04-2006, 03:34 AM
I say E-upper cuts to their Bah'gina's

Darkness95m3
05-04-2006, 09:24 AM
My suggestion is just bite the cost and never deal with them again.
I was going to order a part valued over $400 however hearing this I'mgoing somewher else. Too bad AA does not carry the part that I need.

BMWFORLIFE
05-04-2006, 08:43 PM
bite the cost....wtf.......ya right....sorry man if someone gipped me 25 cents id be pissed...its not the cost its the principle...and I agree with everyone call Visa...they will reimburse you especially because they dont have a singature....then they do a full investigation and they dont have any proof of purchse then default is in your favor....ahha
dude you have such the upper hand...you have parts plus some company committed fraud...ahhaa...amazing i wish i was in that position..

WhadUpp
05-04-2006, 08:53 PM
When looking at the bimmerforums thread on this it really is a sad state of affairs when the vendor is quickly developing a huge question mark over their business dealings and all for $110.

The damage that Bimmerworld had done to itself and its image by responding and handling this matter will cost them alot in future business and their rep.

The president of the company should fire himself for being stupid enough to risk so much over a public forum and incurring irreparable damage to the company in failing to deal properly with a customer's reasonable concerns.

This vendor is just hanging itself more and more as this continues.

Sickfinga is in the right to expect to be treated better since concerns that were raised were valid ones.

BMW_7
05-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Shitty....... :( But I am not taking sides here.

Better luck next time, and try ordering from tunerworks instead... or understeer.com

I have nothing but good things to say about them

grievous
05-05-2006, 01:56 AM
well, that took a while to read.
on the one hand, i understand that james is reluctant to admit his employees error(which it comes down to), since its your word against neils, and if james admits guilty to this, every future customer could demand james to honor supposed prior shipping arrangements made by another employee. this could easily be remidied by james updating his site's payment/shipping options, etc.
having said that, i firmly believe that if vlad had talked to neil on the phone WHILE filling out his online payment, then any additional charge should be recognized as an error by bimmerworld. proper instructions for shipping should be the responsability of neil, not vlad at that point. and seeing that the instructions were quite specific, and probably not a common request, i find it hard for neil not to "remember" the specifics of the order.
in the end, for the companies reputations sake, they should of cleared this up before it blew up like this. though they seem like a reputable company, i'd be a little weary ordering from them now, being a canadian resident.

Axxe
05-05-2006, 01:22 PM
Every place that I have ever worked, when on the phone a pen was in your hand writing down important items from the conversation. This is especially important if you are doing online or over the phone money exchanges.

fletch
05-06-2006, 02:45 PM
hum, i'm buying a set of rear shock mount from them but the guy over there actually reply very quick and told me the shipping before he ship and he sent email to comfirm everything....the guy i talked to was named Neil and he was really nice tho..