PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

Shtuey
05-02-2006, 10:20 PM
A friend of mine purchased a car and the dealer is trying to screw him over . . .

So here's the scoop:

He purchased an '06 Civic SI from Oakville Honda back in March. On the Vehicle Purchase Agreement, that both myself and an authorized sales rep signed for, the final price of the vehicle was $29307.10. That's the price after all taxes (GST, PST, A/C, and Fuel Consumption), minus $1000 deposit, and minus Freight, which for some reason is marked as having a price of N/A. I didn't question the sales rep about it, I just accepted it as how it was.

Upon arrival of the car last week, Oakville Honda demanded that I pay an extra $1225 + tax to cover the cost of the Freight. However, the Vehicle Purchase Agreement does not have that cost and differs from the original agreement. I understand that this document is a legally binding document and that Oakville Honda has to honour the price. Is this correct? And, what kind of action can I take to ensure that Oakville Honda abides to the agreement?

Any help or input in this matter would be greater appreciated.
Thanks

Hound
05-02-2006, 11:52 PM
yes you are right in assuming that the agreement is a legaly binding document, and they should have to abide by it, unless there is something in the fine print that states that they can re-evaluate it and make changes to it without your involvement, which could be... i would go in and ask to talk to the sales manager, forget the salesperson, go above his head. if that does not work, call/fax/email/go in person/all of the above, to honda canada explain the situation and see what comes of it. Don't just give in, cause unless they have that above mentioned stipulation then you should not take this laying down... fight the man as it were. Good luck with it.

propr'one
05-03-2006, 12:00 AM
the VPA or the bill of sale should have either a price for freight or a clause specifying that freight isn't included. Its VERY UNLIKELY that the dealership didn't include this on the bill of sale. If they infact did it, and the bill of sale states that you are taking ownership of it in oakville, no, you dont have to pay it.

i just bought a camry, i'll see if i can find the bill of sale to post up

Hound
05-03-2006, 12:24 AM
^ egad you just bought a camry? that explains a lot....