PDA

View Full Version : 18" m parallels on 88 e32

abercrombief
04-30-2006, 10:18 PM
i've had them on since 2001, never had a problem. I'm reading places that most people put in spacers on this kind of upgrade, but i never did.... what's that all about?

Justin e36
05-01-2006, 03:38 AM
spaces as the same suggests, go between the wheel and the hub. It 'pushes' the wheels out away from the vehicle. Some people find that the wheels simply don't look as good tucked deep in the car, and would like a wider stance. While others do it for functional reasons. It's possible when putting wider or different offset rims on your car, that the front tires may touch the wheel liner, or the front strut when the wheels are at full lock. So spacers are added to eliminate this problem.

abercrombief
05-01-2006, 12:35 PM
spaces as the same suggests, go between the wheel and the hub. It 'pushes' the wheels out away from the vehicle. Some people find that the wheels simply don't look as good tucked deep in the car, and would like a wider stance. While others do it for functional reasons. It's possible when putting wider or different offset rims on your car, that the front tires may touch the wheel liner, or the front strut when the wheels are at full lock. So spacers are added to eliminate this problem.

gotcha. thanks for the info.