PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Wax "ICE"

Darkness95m3
04-30-2006, 07:59 PM
I just tried Turtle wax "ICE". Awsome product. Goes on like water and comes off even better. The great part is you can actually go over plastics and mouldings without any white haze finish.Has any one else tried this product?

propr'one
04-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Really? im going to try it soon, forsure, i hate having to clean off my mouldings where they get all white and hazy from the wax. how much was it?

King Luis
04-30-2006, 09:28 PM
how long does it last?

Darkness95m3
04-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Really? im going to try it soon, forsure, i hate having to clean off my mouldings where they get all white and hazy from the wax. how much was it?

$19 at Canadian Tire

Darkness95m3
04-30-2006, 10:16 PM
how long does it last?

Don't know. My first time using it.

M3ti Compact
04-30-2006, 10:44 PM
They had a review of ICE in the Toronto Star wheels section last week or so...the editor waxed half the car and asked his neighbours to see if they could tell which side was waxed and most of them said the unwaxed side was the waxed side!

BennyL
05-01-2006, 02:54 AM
lol

good to hear you liked ICE. i bought that, as well as the new armor all tire shine gel...

http://www.armorall.com/images/prodshot_etsgel.jpg

so far, i tried the tire gel, but not the ICE. although, i will probably ICE my car this friday when i wash it. i just wanna use the turtle wax swirl & scratch remover first.

anyways, the tire gel is AMAZING. great shine. goes on with an applicator brush. stays on the tires, instead of slinging all over the fenders/doors like any liquid tire shine i've ever used. they claim it lasts really long too. ill know soon if thats true. i applied it on friday. ill let you know when it wears off.

Axxe
05-01-2006, 02:59 AM
If the tire shine lasts longer than two weeks, let me know. I hate brown tires, especially with my black wheels, they really stand out :(

Furious
05-01-2006, 03:09 AM
If the tire shine lasts longer than two weeks, let me know. I hate brown tires, especially with my black wheels, they really stand out :(

the meguirs stuff that you use an applicator to put on last forever.. it used to last up to a month, rain or shine

propr'one
05-01-2006, 03:10 AM
I use this armor all spray stuff, mostly cause im lazy. Its like 5.99 at partsource (i think, zimmie chime in here) and it does a decent job. I do it every friday before if im going to the meet, to hide the fact that i have a K car:D

jstalin
05-01-2006, 09:28 AM
I use Klasse SG, but u need like 3+ coats to really see the shine... but it lasts a long time

Darkness95m3
05-01-2006, 09:29 AM
They had a review of ICE in the Toronto Star wheels section last week or so...the editor waxed half the car and asked his neighbours to see if they could tell which side was waxed and most of them said the unwaxed side was the waxed side!

He still has a job at Toronto Star?

DunDan
05-01-2006, 10:11 AM
I did an application of Meguires Endurance on the front wheels and used the Amourall Extreme Tire Shine Gel on the rear wheels this weekend.

The Meguires has a pleasent strawberry-bubblegum smell (I could sniff it all day) and it comes out pinkish in colour. It stays on the foam applicator well which is quite thick so you have to rub it into the tire creases to get an even coat.

The Armourall is a more clear liquidish (like watery hair gel) and is very quick to apply with only a wipe or two. It is immediately glossy right after its' applied and the package says the shine will intensify even more after a couple minutes.

I have used Meguires throughout the years. The tires I applied them on are Michelin MVX4's. I'll post back in a couple weeks to determine the winner.

PS> For all the white car owners what wax do you use?

PPS> Sorry darkness for hijacking ur thread.

the meguirs stuff that you use an applicator to put on last forever.. it used to last up to a month, rain or shine

BennyL
05-01-2006, 01:17 PM
i have never seen the meguires with the applicator. in fact, this armor all extreme gel is the first one i've ever seen with an applicator brush... thats why i was so excited to use it, because i HATE liquid tire shine. it ALWAYS flings up onto my body panels and makes greasy spots.

i used to use the meguires spray-on stuff before. i loved the smell of it too. it really didnt last that long. maybe 6-8 days. and when it wears off, the tire looks like it has a disease or something. it becomes light gray almost.

Darkness95m3
05-01-2006, 04:45 PM
i have never seen the meguires with the applicator. in fact, this armor all extreme gel is the first one i've ever seen with an applicator brush... thats why i was so excited to use it, because i HATE liquid tire shine. it ALWAYS flings up onto my body panels and makes greasy spots.

i used to use the meguires spray-on stuff before. i loved the smell of it too. it really didnt last that long. maybe 6-8 days. and when it wears off, the tire looks like it has a disease or something. it becomes light gray almost.

I use Meguires gel on my tires and it lasts for weeks.

myndgone
05-01-2006, 05:32 PM
lol

good to hear you liked ICE. i bought that, as well as the new armor all tire shine gel...

http://www.armorall.com/images/prodshot_etsgel.jpg

i recently bought both of those as well...and am quite pleased with the results from both...almost out of Ice, need to get some more...

well I did the same thing when I bought it, tried it out on a fender and trust me, you COULD tell the difference...big time! obviously there are people out there that couldnt tell blue from black...:cool:

propr'one
05-01-2006, 05:34 PM
yeah, OK myndgone. cause you wax your own car. you e39 owners dont even pump your own gas!

myndgone
05-01-2006, 05:40 PM
yeah, OK myndgone. cause you wax your own car. you e39 owners dont even pump your own gas!

we dont have to...bitches like you do it for us!

Joli
05-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Ouch. I must be the bottom of the ****ing shit pole then. Ha!