PDA

View Full Version : Car with accident damage..back for sale!

Redster
04-27-2006, 09:14 AM
Just a quick update, I was looking at auto trader for a new car and I saw this one up for sale again. I bought it for just under $20k with tax (with 155k), and now it's for sale for 14,900 with 162k. Looks like this guy wants to screw over another buyer. I'm sure this time he will protect himself somehow, so buyer won't be as lucky as me.

So be careful if you're in the marked for a 5er. This car started burning oil, needs CCV and probably seals & gaskets too. Water pump has to be replaced asap. Of course, biggest thing is that it was in an accident.

propr'one
04-27-2006, 12:10 PM
ima go buy it, beat on it it for a month, have em reinburse me everything.

razor/m5
04-27-2006, 12:14 PM
If he discloses that it's been in a accident he can still sell it. Post the number of the dealership so we can see what he says

Redster
04-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Just do a searech on the auto trader for 99 540i, 162k 14,900, black.

He says warranty is included too, I guess it's same warranty i paid for (Lubrico) so he'll just change the name on the warranty to the new owner. That warranty is useless! They sent me to a shop and when i got there I was told that they can't do much on this car (cant scan it, don't have tools or knowledge to work on it).

Yes if he says it's been in an accident he cans ell it but a) I don't think many people would buy it like that and b) since it doesnt say anywhere on the records (carfax, uvip) that it was in an accident not everyone would find out that.

I'd love if someone who's close goes there, test drivers the car, and then right aways says to the owneer (Rich) that car was in an accident and they don't want it :)

propr'one
04-27-2006, 12:37 PM
post the vin, be a good sport, find out who the owner is once its sold and tell him, he'll thank you:)

BennyL
04-27-2006, 01:04 PM
where is this dealership located?

EDIT: found it. located in Etobicoke.

Redster
04-27-2006, 01:10 PM
where is this dealership located?

You got a PM.

Justin e36
04-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Looks like this guy wants to screw over another buyer.

Don't assume that he's out to "screw over" another buyer. I did the search, if indeed it is the car from LANG in Etobicoke, then I just called for it. He was upfront and told me it was in an accident, though it has a clear title, when I asked. I mean, what exactly do you expect him to do do with the car... throw it out? It's going to have to go back up for sale eventually. He discounted the price quite a bit for an accident vehicle too.

Redster
04-27-2006, 03:13 PM
If he said it was in an accident then that's different story. If he told me that before I bought it would've been much better for both of us. I honestly cannot say if he knew that before he sold it to me.

Anyway, I had the car for a month so if someone here is considering it PM me and I can let you know what was done on it and it needs.

As far as the price, I bought it for $15,900 with 155,000km, now it's $14,900 with 162,000km so I guess that's ok price for mileage considering it's '99.

razor/m5
04-27-2006, 03:58 PM
and remember , carfax is not the best way to learn about a car's history

Redster
04-27-2006, 04:08 PM
I looked at carfax, uvip, and carproof, everything looked ok. That's why I didn't buy another 540 sport few days ago. It was from Quebec (all 3 owners) and even though all papers looked ok I just didn't feel ok about the car. Now I see the dealer lowered the price to just over $20k for 99 w 120k. It has two sets of rims too (17" m style and 16" bbs w winters)