PDA

View Full Version : Pressure washers

Manimillion
04-26-2006, 11:52 AM
Anybody has a pressure washer to wash their cars? I hear mixed things about them, some say they are no good, some say they are good. Do they break often? Which brand should I get? Where should I get it?

Any help would be appreciated.

rodo
04-26-2006, 11:58 AM
i have a karcher one, no problems yet after, i duno, 2 yrs?

Quack
04-26-2006, 12:09 PM
I would recommand karcher as well, I've been using different karcher models at work for the past 6yrs, no problems yet & they are more powerful than the Canadian Tire one called Simoniz

Manimillion
04-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Who says Karcher?

rodo
04-26-2006, 12:37 PM
sells you mean? canadian tire, or home depot?

Manimillion
04-26-2006, 12:43 PM
sells you mean? canadian tire, or home depot?

yeah i mean sells sorry :) I am not awake yet.

BennyL
04-26-2006, 04:36 PM
dont bother buying from canadian tire... and NEVER buy from home depot. biggest f*cking morons when something goes wrong and u need a return/exchange.

go to your local Costco. get an electric Karcher. even the small 1650 psi models are VERY good.

unless you plan on getting some crazy 3000 psi gas-powered pressure washer... in which case you can buy my honda one.

anyways, but at costco. best return policy in the world, and probably the best price you can find.

Justin e36
04-26-2006, 05:09 PM
karcher... broke twice on me, in fact.. it's still broken now.

but I have a 3500psi heated/electric pressure washer at my disposal. It uses natural gas. Heats the water from 140 degrees to 200 degrees and watersteam sprays your car at high intensity... no scrubbing necessary, brake dust and everything just melts off. Mind you, the size of the machine is bigger than a shopping cart, and it takes a minute for the water reserve to fill up to build up additional pressure. Your engine will never be so clean. :) ... Just have to maintain a safe distance, and be careful that you won't blow parts off your car.. like emblems. :)

Nascar318is
04-26-2006, 05:13 PM
^^ That was too funny, glad I'm not drinking anything. I could see some people doing that. Especially in the coin op ones, they get too close to the paint with the nozzle and paint starts to disappear..

Get a gas one, that way you can wash your car, house, boat, driveway....Mind you the price is a little up there for one..

thinair
04-26-2006, 05:23 PM
I just bought a Honda, no issues yet

Manimillion
04-26-2006, 05:24 PM
I just bought a Honda, no issues yet

Electric? Gas?

thinair
04-26-2006, 05:46 PM
Electric? Gas?
I don't think Honda makes electric power washers :moon:

Basically I bought one of those Simoniz electric ones. I could actually get more pressure out of my garden hose with a decent nozzle. So i just said screw it and bought a gas powered washer, no regrets, I just have to avoid rusty things lol

It'll screw up concrete in a hurry if you just hold it one spot, ask me how I know.....