PDA

View Full Version : Auto Body Shop?

jboy_328
04-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Hey Guys, i recently got hit by my neighbour right on the headlight, the hood needs to be replaced and painted and the bumper and grille also need to be painted. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with shops in Toronto and comments they can make about those shops. It'll be a good post for people in general that need work done.

Linwood Motors - Good body work, poor finishing and painting, expensive

propr'one
04-25-2006, 04:32 PM
If you're not paying. european autobody. go there, forget about everything*th-up*

jboy_328
04-25-2006, 04:34 PM
where is it??

propr'one
04-25-2006, 04:37 PM
European Autobody
(416) 679-8722
14 Goodmark Place
Etobicoke, ON M9W 6R1
18 km W - Directions

jboy_328
04-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Thanks alot man, i'll definately check it out.

jboy_328
04-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Hey, i just saw your post about a paintshop, basically, all the work i need done is painting, cause my hood is gonna be replaced and painted, and my grille and bumper need to be repainted.
Where did u end up getting your painting done?

propr'one
04-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Haven't done it yet. If i could afford to take it to european autobody, i wouldn't be looking for a shop

jboy_328
04-25-2006, 06:40 PM
yo dude, i might be able to save some money with my insurance if i can buy some of the parts on my own...did u say u had a hood that needed to be painted for e36? do u still have it, could u give me th edetails? was it painted before? or it's just primed? what condition it's in, how much pick up? where?

thanks

propr'one
04-25-2006, 07:08 PM
I do have a hood, it has OEM paint on it, but it was dinged from the front and straightened, so the paint is cracked from the straightning. You have a 2dr, and i haev a 4dr hood, so it wont work.

simsima
04-26-2006, 08:53 PM
I've heard very good things about European too. They do all the work for Mississauga BMW and Maranello. They also do all the work for the Ferrari dealership @_@!

427 auto body has been rated best shop in North America. Asking around town, they have been given the most praise from my experience.

hth

WhadUpp
04-26-2006, 09:08 PM
From my experience in the last 10 years Ive been to 4 different bodyshops and all 4 of them did shitty work. Not only that when you point to things like a flooded trunk because they didnt seal it properly they act like they are being inconvenienced to have to redo the work.

But they don't care that you had to take time off work needlessly to repeatedly have to come back to finally fix it when it should have been done right the first time. I could go on and on and on but I'll spare you my nightmares.

Therefore I wish I had gone to European heard nothing but good things from them. I wish I had gone there instead.

jboy_328
04-26-2006, 11:05 PM
oh wow! you guys were right that shop looks awesome...

www.europeanautobody.com

Okay, after much thinking, i'm actually thinking that i don't really need a good body shop, cause i'm pretty much replacing all the parts (hood and bumper) and only painting the bumper, i was wondering if there are any good like mod shops in toronto, which would help me locate a good cheap CF hood and also good at fitting an m3 bumper onto my 3.28, i've heard that it is both hard and easy.

Thanks again

Mitch555
04-27-2006, 01:16 AM
I had my whole car painted at European Autobody. I wouldn't even bother looking anywhere else if you're not paying. Or if you are looking for A+++ work. I'm SUPER picky.... and let me tell you they are good.

RMPMOTORS
04-27-2006, 01:23 AM
European Autobody is great, they are the bodyshop for Ferrari of Ontario, BMW Maranello, and Mississauga and Mini Woodbridge.

Great service , excellent work, the cars they work on and paint look better then new.

Just got my 5 painted, looks better then new *th-up*

Rocco

jboy_328
04-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Okay, so it's settled that European AUtobody is amazing, but expensive. However, my question that comes into play is that for what I am doing, is European autobody appropiate, and worth it?

I have a dented hood and scratched bumper, I plan on using the insurance money to instal a CF hood and M3 bumper. Would I be better off going to a mod shop, if so, what is a good one in ontario?, or just go to autobody and will they be able to get the parts, Seibon CF hood and M3 Bumper and install them well?

Thanks

simsima
04-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Just looking at the crumpled Ferrari in their gallery makes me cry

;(
'
'

Mitch555 how much did it cost to get your car done there?

Mitch555
04-28-2006, 01:44 AM
Mitch555 how much did it cost to get your car done there?

PM sent.

opes
04-29-2011, 10:18 AM
I've had my car at European twice for both bodywork and paint. I have mixed feelings.

Yes, they do great work. But they don't offer the best customer experience and you get the sneaking feeling that regardless of the fact that you are spending 5-10k, working on your 13 year old car is beneath them.

My car was last in for some damage (garbage truck took out my drivers side fender) in '09. I sprung the additional 3-4k to have the front end sprayed. They painted the hood without checking for rust and within 6 months, rust is creeping out from under the hood. I also had them replace my wind-shield and they didn't catch/fix a rust bubble before doing that.

Overall I am disappointed by their follow through. However the work they do finish, they finish well. Excellent body guys and painters.

Ceeker
04-29-2011, 10:43 AM
What I am finding today is everyone is using water based paints. Body shops are squeezed into this because of new laws and unless you make a specific request to use solvent based paints u won't get it and if you can you pay a premium. They won't admit that they don't like using the water based stuff because that is all they have now. However solvent based is superior but due to environmental concerns "Ontario" banned them. Over the border you can still get it. The work is one thing; the product is another. Sure, even new cars selling now including bmw's are being sprayed with water based. But what I am hearing is the paint nor clear coat hold out nearly as well as the solvent based. Solvent based is available up here with special order through a shop but this bites into their profit margin and can get expensive depending on which brand and color being used.

jeremy
04-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Sure, even new cars selling now including bmw's are being sprayed with water based.

I think this is incorrect. If I am not mistaken, OEM facilities have different regulations regarding the VOC compliancy.

///Maluco
10-03-2011, 11:30 AM
I've had the body done on the E12 at European Auto Body (formerly known as Prestige Auto Body) 12 yrs. ago. At the time, I did not find anything comparable.

Times have changed.

I needed a body shop that would be able to understand the level of detail I was looking for and I found them.
After my experience with Luxury Auto Body, I would not take anything elsewhere.
If you're looking for quality and honest work without having to put out big dollars, Richard at Luxury is the place to go.

Richard Rodrigues

Telephone:
(416) 233-0768

Etobicoke Ontario M8Z 2Z4
Canada

www.luxuryautobody.ca

MrRWD
10-03-2011, 03:34 PM
A bit of advise.

It's nice to take your BMW to a high end shop, and get the work done, especially when you're not paying for it. But consider this...

If someone else is paying for it, if the price is too high especially on a 98, they may opt to go through insurance, or skip out all together.

Your best option is to get cash in hand, without having to deal with insurance.

I'd even settle for 70-75% of European's Quote, just so I could get the other guy to pay up, and be done with it. If the quote is too high, you run the risk of sticker shock and failure to pay...

Cash in hand, even a %, is better than nothing, or having to go through insurance. *mumble* :mad:

Jon@Bimmersport
10-03-2011, 03:49 PM
I've had the body done on the E12 at European Auto Body (formerly known as Prestige Auto Body) 12 yrs. ago. At the time, I did not find anything comparable.

Times have changed.

I needed a body shop that would be able to understand the level of detail I was looking for and I found them.
If you're looking for quality and honest work without having to put out big dollars, Richard at Luxury is the place to go.

Richard Rodrigues

Telephone:
(416) 233-0768

Canada

www.luxuryautobody.ca

No question, this man is entirely right in his post.

noodles101
10-03-2011, 04:12 PM

Times have changed.

Richard Rodrigues

Telephone:
(416) 233-0768

Canada

www.luxuryautobody.ca

yup, i second that, rich is a super nice guy to deal with, and 100% honest all the way through.

///Maluco
10-04-2011, 12:50 AM
^^^I'm a firm believer that 'what comes around, goes around'.

I need to give credit to Randy though. He provided me the lead to Rich.

Rich has become the body shop to go to no matter what you drive.

noodles101
10-04-2011, 12:54 AM
ya DANIMAL on this forum introduced me to rich