PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Item Need Pricing (A *MUST*)

ZiMMie
04-25-2006, 01:48 AM
it should be a MUST to post a price if u have an item for sale. None of that "PM me BEST OFFER" etc Bullshit. if the seller does not a price. throw the thread in the trash!

Woofer
04-25-2006, 02:29 AM
^^ agreed!

propr'one
04-25-2006, 03:04 AM
why?

Justin e36
04-25-2006, 03:48 AM
To be honest, I'd rather people kept their pricing in PM's. Then we won't have to play clean-up every few hours in the For Sale section from all the low ballers, price bashing, and arguments that go on in there that keep hindering people's sales. Especially in regards to vehicles with people posting.. "you're asking for too much for your car, it's not worth that". I mean, when I'm shopping for a car in the autotrader I'm not going to call up the owner of every car out of my price range to say.. "you're asking too much.", or to bash it down.. "those rims gotta go".

What soldo is going to post below me in around 5 minutes will be a good idea, that only the seller can post in the thread, with a price. Anything beyond that happens in PM's.

Soldo
04-25-2006, 03:53 AM
The toronto civic bored has it set up pretty well.....

only the SELLER can post in the thread, and he MUST post a price..... it seems that all these local boards FORCE the seller to post a price, which i think is a good thing too..... cause its such garbage when people want to sell something, but won't even give a ball park figure....

propr'one
04-25-2006, 04:26 AM
isn't it awesome how mods are psychic

soldo's idea sounds better than having to post a price. i prefer bartering half the time anyway

ZiMMie
04-25-2006, 07:10 AM
The toronto civic bored has it set up pretty well.....

only the SELLER can post in the thread, and he MUST post a price..... it seems that all these local boards FORCE the seller to post a price, which i think is a good thing too..... cause its such garbage when people want to sell something, but won't even give a ball park figure....

agreed but it cant be limited to only sellers. There is alot shady poeple that just sign up on forums to post items for sale askin price 2X retail. Let say if am intrested in the item, and dont know wat they list for, ill end gettin ripped off. when every its able to reply to the thread, then we will all get an idea wat the item sells on the market which will let the seller most of the time drop his price or jst list it else where.

jstalin
04-25-2006, 04:27 PM
what about transparency?

Justin e36
04-25-2006, 05:12 PM
Like always, do your research on pricing before your purchase anything. The value of an item is how much people are willing to pay for it.

This has been discussed before, and rules have already been changed to accomidate: http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63182

BMWF1
04-25-2006, 05:31 PM
you get banned if you don't post a price on Howardforums....i think bimmerforums is the same way