PDA

View Full Version : Just a reminder of some of the services we do at RMP!

RMPMOTORS
04-25-2006, 12:15 AM
I felt that I am getting many PM's asking the same questions, so I wanted to just list some of the services we do..

-General Repairs (Tune ups, oil changes etc)
-Inspections (1-2etc) or pre purchase
-MVIS Inspections (Certification)
-Peformance Tuning and modifications from mild to wild
-Turbo and Supercharger kits, and tuning (Lots of FI experience)
-Engine Conversions
-Engine Rebuilding and modification
-Tire Installations
-Tire Balancing
-Tire sales
-Performance parts sales
-OEM Parts Sales
-Race car prep (or just prep for track days)
-Suspension upgrades or just repairs (balljoints, bushings etc)
-Brake upgrades and replacement
-Custom exhaust
-Welding

... and probably any other service or modification you can think of doing to your car.

Hope this list can help everyone here understand a bit about what we do at RMP.

Thank you for reading *th-up*

Rocco

shimajer
04-25-2006, 12:26 AM
Props to Rocco and RMP

Shark
04-25-2006, 12:36 AM
I'm heading there tomorrow

propr'one
04-25-2006, 12:52 AM
Rocco has done everything on my car from bushings to clutch & replacing slave to fixing foglights, to welding the undercarriage, servicing diff & tranny, etc. He's also taken out my CDV. If you still have your CDV (all e36's except M3's have em, most standard cars do), YOU have a problem
http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7921/cdvfree6dg.png

there are solutions people.

I also suggest asking rocco about stuff like oil changes. Its cheaper for me to have rocco do the oil change himself, and not have to worry about it, than buy the exact same oil, and do it myself, because he gets shop discounts and passes the savings along to you.

P.S. rocco, i'll see you soon. angel eyes, HID's, new nosepanel all gotta go in:D

Furious
04-25-2006, 02:40 AM
Props to Rocco and RMP

+1.. they have only given me the best quality and help on my slow poke

mpower1226
04-25-2006, 02:42 AM
what does that mean I have CDV as well?(94 318i). Ifso how much did rocco charge to take it out?

sloveniaboy
04-25-2006, 02:43 AM
what does that mean I have CDV as well?(94 318i). Ifso how much did rocco charge to take it out?

http://www.zeckhausen.com/CDV.htm

The Clutch Delay Valve (CDV) is a one-way restrictor between the clutch slave cylinder and clutch master cylinder, as shown in Figure 1 below. It "delays" the engagement of the clutch, much like old record players used a damped tone-arm to gently lower the needle onto the surface of a record.

Because of this valve, no matter how quickly you lift your foot off the clutch pedal, the clutch engages the flywheel at a constant (slow) rate. In theory, it can save the driveline from shock, were an inexperienced (or teenage) driver to dump the clutch at high RPM. But in practice, all it does is accelerate wear on the clutch and turn experienced drivers into people who, despite 20 years of practice, cannot shift gears smoothly. During parallel parking maneuvers, the delay can be infuriating, causing constant slippage of the clutch. And during hard acceleration, the large amount of clutch slippage can greatly shorten the life of your clutch. During normal, sedate driving, the shift from first into second gear is often jerky, leading passengers to question your skill. As the driver, you can see your passengers' heads bobbing back and forth during every shift! Yes, in their minds, they are laughing at you.

propr'one
04-25-2006, 03:15 AM
mpower1226, if you PM rocco im sure he'll quote you a price. Honestly, i dont remember exactly what he charged me just for the CDV, cause i had a lot of other stuff done at once that time. Its not a terribly expensive mod either way

SpoolinS6
04-25-2006, 04:07 AM
rocco quick question my friend is looking to drop about 3 grand into his corrado u think thats enought to supercharge that mofo ?

Miguel
04-25-2006, 08:22 AM
+1 Good guys over there.

other services they provide:
-R/C car repair and racing
-Luncheon specials
-Free insults about your sexual preference
-Cigar giveaways

again, top notch service, no complaints, and most importantly they've been easy on my wallet.

DAM
04-25-2006, 10:35 AM
^lol

I hope to come by with the Porsche soon

RMPMOTORS
04-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Thanks Guys, just to mention our Tire Machine and Balancer are brand new and can do up to 20" rims without scratching the finish and we calibrate our machine weekly for no wheel vibrations with the balancer..

Even most M3's have CDV's I have removed many....

Rocco

rendered
04-25-2006, 02:26 PM
^ RMP is simply an AMAZING Establishment ^

I had nothing but A+++ service, Thanks guys!

propr'one
04-25-2006, 02:41 PM
Mark, did rocco remove your CDV aswell? how does it feel?

BennyL
04-25-2006, 03:31 PM
i assume a slushbox doesn't have a CDV?

and +1 to Rocco and RMP! I haven't been there yet, but they have been nothing but helpful with replying to my PM's and phone calls. I'm going there this week to replace my thermostat and do a bunch of other things!

propr'one
04-25-2006, 03:35 PM
nope, but rocco does 5spd swaps too, i've seen it done:D

///MAC
04-25-2006, 09:32 PM
hey rocco, Can you purchase tires too ??? also how much to install tires on rims and mount and balance them on a 530 ??

Also I have an audi a4 that needs an oil change ? how much ?

Thanks

Mike

Shark
04-25-2006, 10:23 PM
Just got my brakes completely done there today (rotors, pads, and steel lines). Great guys (Rocco and Mark)*th-up*

I going have more mod done from these guys.

qimis
04-25-2006, 10:52 PM
+1 *th-up* Great service and work for RMP!

and still can't stop smiling ! :D

propr'one
04-26-2006, 12:14 AM
I saw your car qimis. no spoiling, but, its hot:D

RMPMOTORS
04-26-2006, 12:22 AM
Yes we sell tires, what size and brand would you like?

Call me for pricing please.

Yes we do oil changes on Audis, synthetic or not?

Rocco

rendered
04-26-2006, 04:25 AM
Mark, did rocco remove your CDV aswell? how does it feel?

HE did remove it! Feels like night and day difference! I love it!

Hound
04-26-2006, 01:39 PM
hey rocco can you remove the CDV that may/may not be there on the TL, it's the 6spd dynamic navi 2005 model. not sure if the car has one but im sure you'd know. A++++++ for these guys top notch. also if you can do that can you pm me a rough estimate as well, and will that void any warrenty that the vehicle has?

one last ? do you do benz's as well?

Gianpaolo_E46
04-26-2006, 02:30 PM
How much for a CDV removal on a '05 zhp?

Hound
04-26-2006, 05:06 PM
^^^ mark? any idea?

XI JR IX
04-26-2006, 08:45 PM
does RMP give max members any special pricing? =)

RMPMOTORS
04-27-2006, 01:04 AM
Pricing on Removing the CDV and bleeding the clutch properly usually runs $35

Yes we service benz's.

And yes we give Max members great prices on all parts and service.

XI JR IX
04-27-2006, 01:09 AM
Pricing on Removing the CDV and bleeding the clutch properly usually runs $35

Yes we service benz's.

And yes we give Max members great prices on all parts and service.

sounds good.. will be booking an appointment and visiting you guys next week..

Axxe
04-27-2006, 01:15 AM
How much to mount/balance tires? I'll be supplying both wheels and tires, just need to two put together (my tire machine isn't working, and I wouldn't trust the balancer for a lawn tractor).

RMPMOTORS
04-28-2006, 12:10 AM
Axxe PM sent

Axxe
04-28-2006, 12:11 AM
Axxe PM sent

PM's exchanged.

330DTM
04-28-2006, 01:38 AM
I'll be heading to RMP Motors this weekend, hopefully, to get rotors and pads installed on my Volvo. Can't wait to check out the service :)

RMPMOTORS
04-29-2006, 02:31 AM
Also forgot to mention, we also have a Scan tool for BMW that can scan all the control Units, DME, EGS, ABS, AIRBAG etc.

Rocco

RMPMOTORS
05-01-2006, 12:59 AM
I'll be heading to RMP Motors this weekend, hopefully, to get rotors and pads installed on my Volvo. Can't wait to check out the service :)

Pleasure working on your Volvo!

*th-up*

330DTM
05-01-2006, 02:43 AM
Pleasure working on your Volvo!

*th-up*

Although I only had a brake change done at RMP Motors, I was impressed by Rocco's attention to detail. He took a look under my car while it was on the hoist, brought to my attention about some small minor issues and fixed up a mudflap for me.

Great service!

Thanks Rocco *th-up*

RMPMOTORS
05-05-2006, 12:41 AM
Thank you! *th-up*

Soldo
05-05-2006, 01:56 AM
Rocco, i got a question for you guys, i know you guys do awesome work on BMW's. But i have a friend asking if you guys are any good with Benzo's? A friend of mine is planning on rebuilding his 190 16v motor, and POSSIBLY turbo'ing the thing too...... so hes looking for a reputable place that does good work.

So ya, any of you guys familiar with benzo's?

RMPMOTORS
05-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Yes we have customers with Benz's, I have alot of FI experience and engine building is my specialty.

Give me a call I should be able to help you out.

Rocco

Axxe
05-05-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks a lot for mounting those tires for a great price Rocco. The tires you mounted up for me on Wednesday are toast already. I also handed out some cards to the guys at the track.

I'm going to need my R-comps mounted up when they come in, so I'll come up for that. Also, are those bottle caps on the rear of your parts car straight and true? I need one for sure and not sure if the other 3 wheels I have are fine.

Tomek

Hound
05-05-2006, 07:05 PM
as soon as the benz im buying gets the work done that needs to get done on it, i will be making a trip up there to have you do a once over on it and talk to you about what kind of aftermarket parts you can get for the W124 300e

also you may actually get a call from the guy who im buying the car from, he's having problems with the shop that is doing the work atm, with regards to getting parts in and may end up taking the car to you if all else fails, i gave him your #.

d12
05-07-2006, 02:59 PM
he did my breakes half a year ago, so far so good *th-up*

btw rocco, you have machine to check if rims are bent or not ? i ran into the curb with my 19's with all 4, one rim broke, so replacement coming, but i need to see if other 3 are alright...

RMPMOTORS
05-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Yes I can check if your wheels are bent on my balance machine!!!

Rocco

d12
05-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Yes I can check if your wheels are bent on my balance machine!!!

Rocco
how much will that run ? to check 3 19" rims mounted on tires (i hope not much :cool: ) pm me plz, and when can i come by

RMPMOTORS
05-07-2006, 11:00 PM
I reccomend balancing those 3 while we are checking if they are bent..

PM Sent.

propr'one
05-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the euro ellipsoid/angel eye/HID install rocco, another great job*th-up*

RMPMOTORS
05-27-2006, 12:53 AM
We also do the inspections needed to run at BMW club events!

*th-up*

rendered
05-27-2006, 08:35 PM
Awesome work on my HID Foglights and new headlights! Thanks Rocco!

another satisfied customer!

RMPMOTORS
01-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Just bringing the thread back up because many people have been asking if we sell and install tires, and to add that we also provide a oil Rust Proofing service!

*th-up*

Jiver
01-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Hello Rocco,

I have a 2005 330i ZHP and I want to remove my CDV, would you have the replacement in stock or do I need to provide? How long would it take? How much?

Thanks...

Gordon

ACS_DAN
01-17-2007, 10:55 PM
I need to get my car up there. another non euro mechanic tried to give me a hassling regarding my headgasket but rocco quoted me at a great price. I got another question for you. I got a pm from you earlier about labour on the headgasket but I was wondering how much it would be if parts included? Also would you happen to have any e34 interior parts around either leather or cloth?(BTW I got a 89 525i m20b25)

I refrained from calling you because money is an issue right now and I was afraid I would just be waisting your time if I did call and inquire about the repairs in the future.

Also for anyone else who might be able to help. I'm getting a cracking noise when I back up out of my driveway coming from the rear coming from the suspension area I believe. Doesn't occur when im driving normally but it sure is curdling when it comes up when I back out.

Drop me a PM when you got the time Would appreciate it!

Furious
01-17-2007, 11:12 PM
I need to get my car up there. another non euro mechanic tried to give me a hassling regarding my headgasket but rocco quoted me at a great price. I got another question for you. I got a pm from you earlier about labour on the headgasket but I was wondering how much it would be if parts included? Also would you happen to have any e34 interior parts around either leather or cloth?(BTW I got a 89 525i m20b25)

I refrained from calling you because money is an issue right now and I was afraid I would just be waisting your time if I did call and inquire about the repairs in the future.

Also for anyone else who might be able to help. I'm getting a cracking noise when I back up out of my driveway coming from the rear coming from the suspension area I believe. Doesn't occur when im driving normally but it sure is curdling when it comes up when I back out.

Drop me a PM when you got the time Would appreciate it!

just give rocco a call, even if you cant afford to get things done right now, he will help you out with some good advice to maybe tide you over.

RMPMOTORS
01-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Like Mark said, If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me via PM, Email or call me at the shop, I am always glad to help out.. :)

Rocco

RMP Motors
905-951-0002

www.RmpMotors.com

picus
01-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Just bringing the thread back up because many people have been asking if we sell and install tires, and to add that we also provide a oil Rust Proofing service!

*th-up*

Rocco/Mark just mounted and balanced some tires and did a rust proofing service on my car. Big *th-up*

Mikeee46coup
01-19-2007, 12:26 AM
RMP took great care of my little 323ci once again today *th-up* Great guys, great shop!

mellobudd
01-19-2007, 02:44 AM
*th-up* for RMP rocco did my oil undercoat while mark is doing the winter tire balance and install....great service and pricing too...time to get the cvd
thingy out...see ya!!

RMPMOTORS
01-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Thank you guys! Its always a pleasure!

*rockout*

piran21
01-22-2007, 12:59 PM
Rocco's gonna work on my car!

piran21
02-06-2007, 01:17 PM
wow... these guys are fast. good experience so far! let's see how the car turns out.

Furious
02-06-2007, 02:54 PM
yeah, ive said it millions of times, i dont let just anyone work on my car, id rather it sit and take the downtime rather than take it to a mechanic i dont trust. hes A1

BennyL
02-06-2007, 04:06 PM
yup yup... rocco is the man. even though i bring him my "little engine" car, he still does all the work better than any mechanic i have ever dealt with! i recommend him for anyone that needs stuff done. definitely worth the drive to bolton.

ps - rocco - make some freakin' time for me this weekend!!!

Hound
02-06-2007, 04:17 PM
big *th-up* to Rocco and Mark. Very helpfull when getting info for the suspension stuff I need for my car, and eventually ordering the parts and as always quick to reply to email's etc and always friendly :).

Looking forward to taking my bussiness there. :) Thanks guys *th-up*

Gamite
02-06-2007, 10:41 PM
big *th-up* to Rocco and Mark. Very helpfull when getting info for the suspension stuff I need for my car, and eventually ordering the parts and as always quick to reply to email's etc and always friendly :).

did you slam it? I've never seen a slammed E32 in person before.

Mikeee46coup
02-07-2007, 12:20 AM

I'm still amazed, last night in the middle of the night I had some concerns about my car, Rocco replied to PM's within minutes, that's not just customer service that's a great guy & a friend.*th-up* RMP*th-up*

Hound
02-07-2007, 09:19 AM
did you slam it? I've never seen a slammed E32 in person before.

Soon to be lowered yes. Putting on H&R sport's and Bilstein sport. Julian what suspension setup do you have on the E34? Coilovers?

Im hoping that it will be slammed or close to it, be we shall see. I have heard of people getting a full 2" drop all around.

Gamite
02-07-2007, 11:32 AM
prokits with bilstein.

H&R should give a better drop than the prokits. Every car is different, your car is heavier than mine so it would yield different results. Go with the H&R, that's what I would recommend.

Did you car come with self leveling?

Hound
02-07-2007, 03:17 PM
nope it is not self leveling, THANK GOD! Just waiting for the H&R sport and bilstein sport to come in, I have them ordered just waiting for them to come in.

Glad to hear that it will be the same if not a bit more then your car, as I love the way your car sits. *th-up*

RMPMOTORS
02-07-2007, 11:15 PM
The H&R's just came in!*th-up*

The bilsteins should be here soon

Hound
02-07-2007, 11:40 PM
awesome thanks Rocco *th-up* so psyced :D

RMPMOTORS
02-10-2007, 08:15 PM
*th-up*

STALKER
02-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Do you guys fix the rear subframe issue on e46 M3s??? There are a few of us that might want to get the Turner kit installed, and just get it done before we have the problem, most of us track the car, so its preventive. Let me know if you do, cost, down time. Im thinking it might be a good time to replace some parts too if the subframe is out.
Do you guys do alignments and corner balancing, or would I have to take that elsewhere after the work is done? Thanks.

RMPMOTORS
02-13-2007, 11:27 PM
We do repair subframe problems/ install re-enforcement kits.

I do have scales that I use for corner balancing cars, and set up camber/caster, but I do send the car out for a final lazer toe adjustment.

Please PM or call me at the shop for exact details of what you would like installed and we can discuss downtime/ pricing.

Rocco

STALKER
02-13-2007, 11:33 PM
I know there are about 3 M3 owners over at e46toronto.ca that were thinking of doing the work. Figure winter might be the best time to do it.

Gentleman K
02-16-2007, 09:40 PM
... If you still have your CDV (all e36's except M3's have em, most standard cars do), YOU have a problem...

Ah! This explains alot. In normal everyday driving; off the line, I noticed how I had to rev it up just to keep up with traffic. But every now and then i'll take off with the rpms significantly lower. I am still open to the idea that my manual skills could very well, suck. I won't know until I remove the cdv myself.

propr'one
02-16-2007, 09:44 PM
What the CDV does, is, controls how quickly your clutch engages.

With your CDV:

-Release clutch slowly, clutch engages slowly.
-Release clutch quickly, clutch engages slowly.

Once Rocco has removed your CDV:

-Release clutch slowly, clutch engages slowly.
-Release clutch quickly, clutch engages quickly.

that's it.

Gentleman K
02-16-2007, 10:02 PM
Nice. I was about to spend some cash on clutch kit just to get rid of that "empty" (for the lack of a better term) feeling off the line. Now i know it was the cdv causing the slippage.

piran21
02-22-2007, 04:26 PM
awesome thanks Rocco *th-up* so psyced :D

Hey Hound,

I just saw your car when i went to pick up mine! Looks NICE! Just need a couple of months to settle even more.

AND a big thanks to Rocco, Mark and Deep who got my car running as it should. NO SMOKE! Can't wait to be able to push it again.

Hound
02-22-2007, 04:28 PM
hehehe, sweet man :D How low was it?

piran21
02-22-2007, 06:00 PM
It was pretty nice at the back... the front was low for a E32 but i think it's gonna need a bit of time and driving to settle. Looks good though! you'll be happy i'm sure.

RMPMOTORS
02-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Hey Hound,

I just saw your car when i went to pick up mine! Looks NICE! Just need a couple of months to settle even more.

AND a big thanks to Rocco, Mark and Deep who got my car running as it should. NO SMOKE! Can't wait to be able to push it again.

Glad you are happy with the engine rebuild, let me know how it runs after the breakin!

Rocco