PDA

View Full Version : fairdeal!

Woofer
04-25-2006, 12:04 AM
I just finished talking to a couple of guys that are getting their cars painted for like dirt cheap money. Funny part was they spoke highly of this shop. One of them said it was his second car there. I looked them up on the net and found some online flyers for the shop. Its like 500 bucks for a paint shop. Has anyone ever dealt with them? Do they actually do good work? Any feedback on this place would be great. Parents want to paint the minivan and don't want to dish out too much on it.

razor/m5
04-25-2006, 12:09 AM
NO NO NO NO STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!
those guys are the biggest butchers in the body shop business
I've heard and seen some of their work and it was real bad, one car that stood out was they used newspaper to fill in rust holes

Deep 3.2TL
04-25-2006, 01:04 AM
You get what you pay for... They are a not so vocal equivalent to Macco...

Deep

Understated
04-25-2006, 01:06 AM
You get what you pay for... They are a not so vocal equivalent to Macco...

Deep

i agree

if it's quality you want...spend a little more and don't go to fairdeal

propr'one
04-25-2006, 01:11 AM
500$ though? its worth having a winter beater painted for that money

shimajer
04-25-2006, 01:17 AM
ya but for $500, the paint is going to crack and peel after the winter.. i would do it before i sell my car haha

Eurostyle
04-25-2006, 02:25 AM
Ok, here is the deal on "Fairdeal"...(and ohter shops of that sort). The advertise a cheap paint job, but they charge you for the bodywork.

I went to Fairdeal (Dixie and 401) many many years ago to get my Cabrio painted, it had ALL bodywork done, just needed to be sprayed. The ad clearly stated "we paint any car for $199" (yes it was THAT long ago!), but when the a$$ clown owner or manager came out to look at the car he started freaking out how he "cant make any money" because it was already preped...To make a long story short, he wanted $500 just to spray the car! And was very rude, no sense of business...i had to go to the competition, got it done well and no hassle...

mpower1226
04-25-2006, 02:40 AM
hmm let me tell you a story.

my buddy, when we were kid(looong time ago wehn we first got our lisence), he wanted to paint the car and took it to one of thoes cheap deal paint shop. I think he paid something like 3~4bills. it came out, using the paint that the clear coat is already mixed into paint(which I do not recommend to anybody). paint looks dull and ok, it was our fault to take the car there so we paid. few month later, we took it to car wash tunnel and as the car moves forward, the car's colour magically changed back to original colour.

Yes, it was peeling like crazy that as soon as we got out, it was original colour. *th-up*

Woofer
04-25-2006, 02:46 AM
so what exactly does there 2 year warranty cover then? i'm gonna see if i can find the link for the flyer i found.

Woofer
04-25-2006, 02:50 AM
ok found the link
http://www.flyermall.com/web/flyer/flyerPreview.html?sid=273

propr'one i guess this answer the pm you sent me. hope it helps

propr'one
04-25-2006, 03:02 AM
thanks woofer. Im probably gonna have my winter beater painted there, unless i find one in reasonable condition. I'll do the prep myself, and just bitch:D im still thinking about having a cheapie paintjob done on the CF hood, mitch is doing a damn good job talking me out of it though

Justin e36
04-25-2006, 04:06 AM
1. If you prep + paint the car yourself, that should be OK.
2. can you bring your OWN paint (say it's custom mixed house of kolor or something), and your own primer? Pay them the $200 to do the work anyway, and tell him you'll even supply the paint too. Buy some PPG or whatever from the wholesaler, and off you go.

Also, it's much much cheaper imho to just rent a paint booth for a day. Go to a bodyshop, meet the painter... ask him if he'll do work on the side, he will say yes and give you his number without the boss looking... and let him prime/paint/clear your car in a private booth on the side, you buy the paint separately, you can have him prep it too.

Proprone, you can't just do any old cheapy paint job on a CF hood, because the hood flexes... as soon as the paint dries, it will begin to crack and peel under pressure. It has to be prepped and painted properly.

propr'one
04-25-2006, 04:24 AM
but then i dont get to be cheap:(

and we allllllll know how cheap ukrainians can be:D

BMW BMXer
04-25-2006, 01:46 PM
he will say yes and give you his number without the boss looking

Are you sure? :D

Darkness95m3
04-25-2006, 03:03 PM
1. If you prep + paint the car yourself, that should be OK.
2. can you bring your OWN paint (say it's custom mixed house of kolor or something), and your own primer? Pay them the $200 to do the work anyway, and tell him you'll even supply the paint too. Buy some PPG or whatever from the wholesaler, and off you go.

Also, it's much much cheaper imho to just rent a paint booth for a day. Go to a bodyshop, meet the painter... ask him if he'll do work on the side, he will say yes and give you his number without the boss looking... and let him prime/paint/clear your car in a private booth on the side, you buy the paint separately, you can have him prep it too.

Proprone, you can't just do any old cheapy paint job on a CF hood, because the hood flexes... as soon as the paint dries, it will begin to crack and peel under pressure. It has to be prepped and painted properly.

^^^What he said^^^

propr'one
04-25-2006, 03:10 PM
so lets have a max paint day!, i need like 2 panels painted, if we rent two booths and have one good painter pay them, we'll save on booth rental and paying the painter!