PDA

View Full Version : Charlie at Bimmersport

A.K.A. Blackout
04-18-2006, 02:33 PM
This is long over due, but I wanted to say thank you to Charlie for working on my car and doing such an amazing job. Initially I was very worried about doing a major change to my car as there was nothing really wrong with it, but it came out better than I expected. You can see pics of the final product in the rides section, but I don't think I can describe how happy I am to find a good honest mechanic that treats my car as if it was his own, and treats me like a friend. He spent a few weekends with me finishing off my car, and making sure that everything was done to perfection, and as well dealt with any issues I had with ease. He took the time to explain what I needed for my conversion, even though I spent a year picking up the parts, he was very patient. I think that a lot of Max members don't realize what a good mechanic he is. He doesn't toot his own horn, and just does his job, and does it well. Every time I have been to the shop, it seems like I am a at a mini BMW meet as guys just drop in either to say hey, or to have him fix something on their car. I will post a before and after pic this afternoon. My dad and I will always be loyal Bimmersport customers, and I hope that more people see this thread and check him out. You won't be dissapointed!!*th-up*

Just a list of things he did:

Converted auto to 5 speed
M3 tranny with UUC stage 2 lightweight flywheel
M5 Clutch Kit
3.15 LSD
Eibach Sport lowering Springs
MTec Skirts, rear bumper and Mirrors

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=59008

EricTsang
04-18-2006, 05:25 PM
good for you.

good mechs are usually people who not only love what they do for a living but also one who respects his trade that he makes it a point to protect his reputation at all cost. with the internet and word of mouth, it is very easy for someone to lose reputation if one screws up.

i know one popular guy on another car forum. he's good with the wrench. he saved up enough money to open his own shop. guess what. he got greedy. (giving people estimates for work that are NOT needed), so people started giving him bad rap on the board. oh well

greed is not good.

that is all folks