PDA

View Full Version : Sick rice coming our way by the end of 2003!

AMG_POWER
10-31-2002, 04:55 AM
Mitsubishi EVO VIII is coming by end of 2003....this cars will be sick all wheel drive, and they are killing m3, m5 in 0-100 and 1/4 i heared!

anyway i think this cars is really reliable and fun to drive even though it's four wheel drive! and easy to mod!

Gamite
10-31-2002, 03:02 PM
I heard that these cars arent allowed to be sold commercially in north america due to front crash regulations (front mounted intercooler) Same reason with the Skyline.

1BADBMW
10-31-2002, 03:06 PM
what is wrong with (front mounted intercooler) ??:huh?:

Gamite
10-31-2002, 03:16 PM
apparently during crash tests, cost comes into a factor, when you have a frontal impact, the cost of the intercooler is too much for small crashes.

Foc us has this theory: The reason why they do this, is to protect the american market, if we could buy skylines and evo lancers, it would tarnish the amercan sales of stangs.. etc..

AMG_POWER
10-31-2002, 03:58 PM
No no but they ARE coming in 2003 100% lol so watch out....

tlaselva
10-31-2002, 05:54 PM
NA may just slap the cars with heavy duties & imports.
Leave it to the domestics to come out with b/s reasons to heavily penalize the car if it does come here. Those 3 have Billions of dollars invested into there cars, and your guaranteed the won't allow an Asian car to rape there car sales............
Don't expect that car, if it does come here to be cheap.

mkgino
10-31-2002, 07:33 PM
Man those things are sh*t fast!!!! They take so easily to mods for quick gains. They remind me of the Subaru WRX, which is the reason I wouldnt buy one, because they are hideously ugly.

M50E30
10-31-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by mkgino
They remind me of the Subaru WRX, which is the reason I wouldnt buy one, because they are hideously ugly.

*no-no*

Now is it ugly?

M50E30
10-31-2002, 09:22 PM
How about this one? *mw*

Autotechnica
10-31-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Gamite
apparently during crash tests, cost comes into a factor, when you have a frontal impact, the cost of the intercooler is too much for small crashes.

Foc us has this theory: The reason why they do this, is to protect the american market, if we could buy skylines and evo lancers, it would tarnish the amercan sales of stangs.. etc..

Julian I think that was only for the EVO7, that was the main reason it never came to North America. The entire shape of the front end on the EVO 8 had been changed, could be an improvement during crash tests.

Bryan

mkgino
10-31-2002, 09:31 PM
Like I said, ugly, I mean how come you think all of the new bmw models are ugly (like the 7 series etc)? Because you have your own personal preference right? Exactly. Look at them, nasty 4 door, with those big mud flaps sticking out the sides and that spoiler..........:puke:

M50E30
11-01-2002, 12:20 AM
Like I said, ugly, I mean how come you think all of the new bmw models are ugly (like the 7 series etc)? Because you have your own personal preference right? Exactly. Look at them, nasty 4 door, with those big mud flaps sticking out the sides and that spoiler..........:puke:

A) The new BMW's are pure RICE! Friggin' crap! They are worse than Hondas for Christ sake! At least Hondas don't break down. They (new BMW's) are built for leasing (a concept that they are taking from North American car manufactures)...which means 5 year life span! Look at Rolled_Out's M3 and Bimmer745i's 7. Prime examples.

B) Personal preferance...you obviously haven't noticed my car! Its a 4-door too! Does it make it ugly? I'm not to keen on the white WRX's body kit but the blue one shure isn't hard to look at.

And for the on topic discussion...the new Evo's front end looks like Honda Accord! Gimmie an old Evo or a new WRX any day (over these "new" ugly BMW's).

Dave

M50E30
11-01-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by M50E30
The new BMW's are pure RICE! Friggin' crap!

Also if someone gave me a set of keys to a brand new BMW (and a Ferrari too!) I would sell it before I even sat in it. I would put that money towards a used 911 TT. Ah the old faithfull 911 body and loads of potential for disgusting power! Yummie!

*mw*

Autotechnica
11-01-2002, 12:31 AM

A) The new BMW's are pure RICE! Friggin' crap! They are worse than Hondas for Christ sake! At least Hondas don't break down. They (new BMW's) are built for leasing (a concept that they are taking from North American car manufactures)...which means 5 year life span! Look at Rolled_Out's M3 and Bimmer745i's 7. Prime examples.

B) Personal preferance...you obviously haven't noticed my car! Its a 4-door too! Does it make it ugly? I'm not to keen on the white WRX's body kit but the blue one shure isn't hard to look at.

And for the on topic discussion...the new Evo's front end looks like Honda Accord! Gimmie an old Evo or a new WRX any day (over these "new" ugly BMW's).

Dave

That was a little harsh wasn't it? There are lots of BMW M3 owners on this board and I'm sure that wasn't very nice. I don't think all the new BMW's are crap. However, I know they are not as good as they use to be. But you must admit their engine's are very technologically advanced, possibly even too advanced for their own good.

I agree that older BMW's look much better and they have a stiffer chassis and more reliable engine. But nothing beats new technology performance wise.

Bryan

mkgino
11-01-2002, 12:54 AM

Dave

Dude whats the matter with you, your arguing with something that is subjective (i.e a persons personal preference). I dont like WRX's and you dont like new Bimmers, there is no argument. You cant prove me wrong into liking a wrx can you? No, you cant.
Also "Personal preferance...you obviously haven't noticed my car! Its a 4-door too! Does it make it ugly" I like 2 doors better than 4 doors, again a personal choice, what I think is ugly, you might find nice and vice versa, geeze.

M50E30
11-01-2002, 01:02 AM
Guys! I'm not arguing! Sorry if I came across as being harsh! LOL!

:D

And for the M3 comment...well if you are an owner of one then sorry. I just think spending that kind of coin you should expect noting but perfection? If they can't produce a top notch engine then why change it?

My $0.02!,
Dave

IVAN
11-01-2002, 01:07 AM
If Hondas do not break down why do not u switch to Honda..
Why do u wanna own a bimmer then?

M50E30
11-01-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by IVAN
If Hondas do not break down why do not u switch to Honda..
Why do u wanna own a bimmer then?

Ivan,

I said I would never own a new BMW. Long live the E30's!

Dave

IVAN
11-01-2002, 01:24 AM
E30 rocks cuz it was made in time when they intented to create a bmw that will be for ever hehe.

Nodays it will not be profitable to make cars like E30 cuz company needs customers to come again but soon not every 20 years:D .

Anyways Honda is not close to Bimmers'
knee...

M50E30
11-01-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by IVAN
Anyways Honda is not close to Bimmers' knee...

R U shure about that? Yes their cars feel like driving a pop can with wheels but their engines are strong! I know of a GSR motor that takes a shit kicking every day ( ;) ) and it still pulls like a mofo!

Dave

mkgino
11-01-2002, 01:34 AM
I assume that hondas have just as many kinks in the new models as bmw's do. Believe me, the only reason you hear it so much from bmw owners is because you dont expect a car that you paid a lot of money for to break down on you so much right? Right.

M50E30
11-01-2002, 01:39 AM
I assume that hondas have just as many kinks in the new models as bmw's do. Believe me, the only reason you hear it so much from bmw owners is because you dont expect a car that you paid a lot of money for to break down on you so much right? Right.

How many Hondas do you see on the road? Now how many BMWs do you see? Not many BMW to Honda ratio. Now why do I always here about BMWs in the shop and never Hondas? It shure isn't because they are more expensive (to buy and repair), it is because they are lacking/slipping in quality.

IVAN
11-01-2002, 01:44 AM
I totaly agree with MKGINO....

Let me tell ya.... When they see BMW on towing truck they all:eek: :eek: :eek: butt when civic breaks down nobody gives a f_uck about it.... They just can say hmm " it's cheap what can u expect" hehe
real truth

Autotechnica
11-01-2002, 01:47 AM

How many Hondas do you see on the road? Now how many BMWs do you see? Not many BMW to Honda ratio. Now why do I always here about BMWs in the shop and never Hondas? It shure isn't because they are more expensive (to buy and repair), it is because they are lacking/slipping in quality.

BMW to Honda ratio in Richmond Hill is 100 to 1! haha.. seriously though, there are way more BMW's in richmond hill than honda. But what IVAN is saying is correct. Honda's have just as much problems only they are cheaper to fix. And please remember that Honda owners replace their cars every 4-6 years, BMW drivers drive their car's an average of 8-12 years or more! So obviously after so much time a car will break down no matter what. Try driving a Honda for 12 years and come back and tell me it looks as good as a 12 year old BMW.

Everyone always says the Honda engines are so reliable, anyone ever heard of a Honda with 400,000+ km? I don't think so, now look at BMW's, Volvo's, Audi's, MB, the engines can take that kind of milage.

Bryan

IVAN
11-01-2002, 01:59 AM
nOt to say about frame and that BMW has a stronger body plus better interior then Honda..
You have to judge it over all..

Jon@Bimmersport
11-01-2002, 08:29 AM

R U shure about that? Yes their cars feel like driving a pop can with wheels but their engines are strong! I know of a GSR motor that takes a shit kicking every day ( ;) ) and it still pulls like a mofo!

Dave

its an SiR motor...j-spec too!

and bryan, i know a honda thats reaching 400 000 and the body, interior is really good for daily driving...its on this board too! ask tlaselva, he owned the older style accords, and for your money they are awesome cars...my bro is also lookin at a 93 hatch..cuz he doesnt wanna spend a shit load of something goes wrong, thats another reason why my dad is holding off on the e46..i am definitly saving for a bimmer now (e36). but if i had the choice for a car that i didnt wanna do up, was reliable, and can take a beating...it'd be a honda

M50E30
11-01-2002, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
its an SiR motor...j-spec too!

What are you talking about? :huh?:

Gamite
11-01-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Autotechnica

Julian I think that was only for the EVO7, that was the main reason it never came to North America. The entire shape of the front end on the EVO 8 had been changed, could be an improvement during crash tests.

Bryan

Its still a front mounted intercooler. I guess we'll have to wait n see.

Gamite
11-01-2002, 03:50 PM
THIS is a nice WRX.

http://www.dvmotorsports.com/endlessnight/images/david/new.jpg
http://www.dvmotorsports.com/endlessnight/images/david/new3.jpg

*mw*

Jon@Bimmersport
11-03-2002, 02:28 PM

What are you talking about? :huh?:

which car are you talking about? i thought u were talkin bout the egg

AMG_POWER
11-03-2002, 08:16 PM
that's what we are talking about

M50E30
11-03-2002, 08:28 PM
Now why the hell do the new Evo's front look so much like the Accord? I'm not saying they are identical but the old Evo looked so much better!

AMG_POWER
11-03-2002, 08:31 PM
well i like it...who cares how it looks ( it looks fine to me) and it's FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST......:D

M50E30
11-03-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by BiMMer745i
who cares how it looks ( it looks fine to me) and it's FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST......:D

Who cares how it looks?!?! I have shits that come out of my ass really fast too! Dosen't mean I will drive any ol' piece of shit.

*no-no*

By the sounds of it the car could be very expensive. Why not do a WRX instead? A souped up WRX will look better and eat Evo's for dinner (see previously attached WRX photos in this thread).

AMG_POWER
11-03-2002, 08:37 PM
damn....why you have to compare the cars....ok lights look the same so what....this evo car...is so freaking fast that's the point....and who cares if it has same lights as accord? this is tha killa....i would buy one to rape JORDAN's ASS :D :D *uzi* *uzi*

AMG_POWER
11-03-2002, 08:39 PM

Who cares how it looks?!?! I have shits that come out of my ass really fast too! Dosen't mean I will drive any ol' piece of shit.

*no-no*

By the sounds of it the car could be very expensive. Why not do a WRX instead? A souped up WRX will look better and eat Evo's for dinner (see previously attached WRX photos in this thread).

Ok subaru is fine...but you'll spend more money to suit it up, to drive like evo...and to be as fast as it....this car...doin 0-100 in about from 4.3 to 4.8 depends how ya drive it...and high 12s STCOK BABY....ok the car will cost about 50 grand here....and WRX is whaT? 30 ? and to modify it you have to spend another 20 to beat the evo...so why?

mkgino
11-03-2002, 09:32 PM
Isnt the evo a mitsubishi?? I havent heard of a mitsubishi dealership here in canada, did they open one up??:huh?:

M50E30
11-03-2002, 10:21 PM
Isnt the evo a mitsubishi?? I havent heard of a mitsubishi dealership here in canada, did they open one up??:huh?:

There is a Mitsu dealer here in Niagara Falls. The building is just temporary untill they get the showroom built. I talked to one of the salespersons and they said they are not bringing the Evo. But honestly what the hell do they know. I remember when I saw the Nissan Skyline on Gran Turismo (for PS2) I went to the dealership and asked about it...his answer was: "Who makes it?" LOL! :D Honestly I do hope they bring the Evo to North America just to give the WRX some competition.

Jon@Bimmersport
11-03-2002, 10:37 PM
12 sec stock? holy shit! thats a z06 killer! even competes with viper....take that u mustang lovers! a domestic eating rice car! lol, doesnt it have altezza's too? i got a vid of that, with ferrari 360s and e46 m3s goin around the track!

Autotechnica
11-03-2002, 11:02 PM
Dave,

I think you mean competition for the WRX STi which doesn't even exists here. The normal WRX will get stormed by the EVO.

I also heard that there won't be any EVO's comming to Canada, only normal Lancer. And I agree that the new EVO looks nasty, it lost all it's agressive looks.

Bryan

AMG_POWER
11-03-2002, 11:29 PM
ok i repeat again....they ARE ARE ARE will bring evolution 7 or 8 by that time lol, end of 2003....and yes it's SICK!!!I spoke to the manager of Mitsubishi!

M50E30
11-03-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Autotechnica
Dave,

I think you mean competition for the WRX STi which doesn't even exists here. The normal WRX will get stormed by the EVO.

I also heard that there won't be any EVO's comming to Canada, only normal Lancer. And I agree that the new EVO looks nasty, it lost all it's agressive looks.

Bryan

Specs please! I'm to lazy to look right now! :)

Gamite
11-04-2002, 03:35 AM
well, since the 8 doesnt exist yet, its prolly the 7

Gamite
11-04-2002, 04:19 AM
http://www.fantasycars.com/sedans/japan/evo7_bmw1.jpg

mkgino
11-04-2002, 04:56 AM
Wow the Evo 7 is a serious machine, 0-60 in 4.7 sec. Damn!! Still think its ugly though.

e30_325_s52
11-04-2002, 12:33 PM
i dont lik them...but i see the reg lancer..but not evo