PDA

View Full Version : Was Coffee Tea or Me suitable?

Gamite
01-24-2002, 02:58 AM
Hey guys, for those of your who went last friday, did you guys like Coffee Tea or Me? Was it suitable for regular meetings (hang out)? And would the parking be enough for us to park all our cars during the summer?

MPRESION
01-24-2002, 10:56 AM
Maybe in the summer it may be too small of a place. We may have more bimmers show up in the summer then in the winter.

Bliss
01-24-2002, 02:36 PM
I agree. the place was pretty cool, but the parking lot was way too small for all of us. We would get kicked out for loitering for sure.

ThE bRoWn GuY
01-24-2002, 03:49 PM
I must agree... there are only like 30 possible spaces and we really cant take up all of them without even patroning the shop :) I'd suggest a lot like at First Markham Place... Good size, pretty central.

Gamite
01-25-2002, 12:14 AM
Well if anyone is around that area, centralized like the yorkdale area, maybe if they see an appropriate place, inform us, and we'll try that out?

Is anyone picky about what kinda place it is? For me I'm fine with anything, (tim hortons, coffee time) as long as we can hang there and not be kicked out.. hehe

EMPOWERD
01-29-2002, 11:42 AM
I agree that Coffee, Tea or Me was too small-a-parking lot to meet up at, especially in the summer. I don't think the First Markham place is good either. There's very little chance we'll find 10+ vacant parking spots in a row, and it's too big to locate the actual gathering without driving around for 1/2 hour. Plus the drivers there are all dangerous!

The best place with a HUGE parking lot, easy access from the 401, central, has a bank, 3 restaurants and LOITERING PERMITTED is the Tim Horton's parking lot on Weston (just South) of the 401 (Canadian Tire, Sleep Country, Toys R Us, etc...) I hang there with the bike guys in the summer and the cops come chill with us too. It hasn't graduated to a car hang out yet (good for us) and there's a variety of food available (McDonalds, Subway, TimH, Raker's bar) within walking distance. Whata you think?

P.S. That's most likely the meeting place for BimmerCruize '02

ThE bRoWn GuY
01-29-2002, 01:31 PM
Winston Churchill right? I woulda suggested it but man thats like 6 hours away from me!!! :)

MPRESION
01-29-2002, 05:11 PM
I have to agree with Randy. You have that huge parking lot in front of the now vacant "Computer City" store. It's eazy access and centralized.

Originally posted by empowerd
I agree that Coffee, Tea or Me was too small-a-parking lot to meet up at, especially in the summer. I don't think the First Markham place is good either. There's very little chance we'll find 10+ vacant parking spots in a row, and it's too big to locate the actual gathering without driving around for 1/2 hour. Plus the drivers there are all dangerous!

The best place with a HUGE parking lot, easy access from the 401, central, has a bank, 3 restaurants and LOITERING PERMITTED is the Tim Horton's parking lot on Weston (just South) of the 401 (Canadian Tire, Sleep Country, Toys R Us, etc...) I hang there with the bike guys in the summer and the cops come chill with us too. It hasn't graduated to a car hang out yet (good for us) and there's a variety of food available (McDonalds, Subway, TimH, Raker's bar) within walking distance. Whata you think?

Gamite
01-29-2002, 06:28 PM

That sounds good to me, since its like 1 minute from my house, but it might be a bit far for those markham guys.

SimmSimma
01-29-2002, 07:01 PM
Although First Markham Place is still too far for me, (I live in Pickering), I wouldn't mind meeting up there. I agree with Brown_Guy, it has a huge parking lot and ...... centralized?.... ok, maybe it just has a huge parking lot! :P

It was cool meeting a lot of people from maXbimmer. Let's do this again sometime!

-Raf
mblue3er@hotmail.com
*th-up*

EMPOWERD
01-29-2002, 07:48 PM
I understand that not EVERYONE will be close to any lot we choose. I don't mind making the drive 20km or 35km... it's more than just the extra 15min of driving on the 401... it's the actual location. The First Markham Place is not central to anything.... not even really close to a highway..... the people can't drive worth shit in that area (take me 10 min just to get IN the parking lot, never mind finding 20+ BMW's.... and how do you expect to reserve any amount of spaces together? I'm telling you, it's shit. The most central location would naturally be smack in the middle of a Toronto map which happens to be Yorkdale Mall, but there's nothing around to snack on, warm up, or even sit! The restaurants in the area have tiny parking lots and the egress from the 401 can be really confusing coming WB. I think Weston makes most sense and keep in mind SimSimma, there are members coming from Niagara, Burlington, Hamilton and EVEN Acton!!!!:eek:

ThE bRoWn GuY
01-31-2002, 12:08 AM
BASTARDS!!!! I was just joking eh!.!.! I never complain about the drive... i love driving my car!!! How about having the location in Newmarket? Big parking lots, lotsa fresh air, close to mee :)

Seriously anywhere is fine with me!!!!!

:moon:

SWHEEEET
02-10-2002, 10:00 PM

That sounds good to me. Now my bimmer is stored... am I still invited in my winter beater???