PDA

View Full Version : FS or FT : Mark3 GTi VR6

T-Bar
03-29-2006, 01:21 PM
8500 or trade for an E30 plus cash

1996 GTi w/ FULL VR SWAP!!!
unfortunately I need to buy a truck for work, and do not have the space or money to keep my Vr around, i dont want to sell cause its been a long project to build and cost me alot of money and is an awesome daily driving car, it runs champ. Always Ultra 94 and always synthetic oil every 3K. I've only put just over 9K on the swap since i've done it and the motor was pulled from a frieinds car with 73 ***K. so the motors got roughly 83 ***K on it now

the car: a 1996 GTi 2.0 8v originally,5spd, sunroof, A/C, ABS,

custom Blue paint
shaved door handles, with top of the line popper kit
stock sideskirts and rear skirt
euro vr chin lip
Fk badgless grille
hella dual rounds
hella smoked corners
colour matched mirrors
lowered on h&R sports
Full VR subframe, 5 bolt conversion, 11.3 DE brakes
15" corrado vr6 5 stars
Black MK3 GTi leathers in mint shape,
Custom Cluster
MKIV Shift Knob and Boot - or - momo sphere carbon knob
MOMO steering wheel w/ hub
Kenwood KDC flip face Deck
Pioneer 6x9's

UNDER THE HOOD

1997 GTi DE VR6 FULL SWAP Pulled from same car, a friend of a friends car motor pulled from collsion car with 73 *** K, so thats 73 ***K on the full swap

ABD big Bore intake boot w/ a K&N cone
ESS pullies
Turn2 upper and lower motor mounts
Turn2 heavy duty tranny mount
GIAC Chip
3.67RP ( CDM Corrado Tranny )
removed suitcase muffler
Throttle Body Bypass
B&M short shifter (recently removed)
new sachs clutch
Gutted Intake Mani

FULL SWAP was done by European Speed Sport and all of the regular maintenance. during the swap a crapload of new parts were installed, waterpump, belts,thermostat, fan switch etc. as for all the mods im sure i forgot a few but the main ones have been listed. since then i've put a new starter, clutch slave, sachs super set clutch kit.

Car must be seen to be appreciated, alot of money and work put into this car and it pains me to sell it, but I just cant afford to keep it and a new vehicle around, only reason id trade for an E30 plus cash is i'd love to have one around to drive daily, when not using my work vehicle. Also i have a serious buyer for the complete shell so if interest is shown in buying the full vr swap and i mean full everything except 5-bolt, cluster, shifter box, pedals etc, let me know and i can pull it for you.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/italian_boost/T-BarVr.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/italian_boost/Photo1.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/italian_boost/BaroneGTi.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y290/italian_boost/GTionRados.jpg

T-Bar
03-29-2006, 08:42 PM
BumP

BMW325BMW
03-30-2006, 01:25 AM
wow do i ever hate those headlights, but damn do i love that car. good luck with the sale. i'd pick it up in a sec if i had the cash. even with those headlights

BMetal
03-30-2006, 01:27 AM
Nice ride. Goodluck with the sale. I'd cosider it if I wasn't set on a BMW for the next one.

T-Bar
03-30-2006, 01:06 PM
thanks for the comments guys, actually the headlights are Hella e-code projectors and they look incredible at night, I was more a fan of the Hella Mark3/Mark4 looks but everyone and their uncle had them so i decided to be different, also the last picture with the engine shot is not up to date, the intake mani is now Black.

BMWags
03-31-2006, 03:37 AM
wow, how tempted am i :(

would you just humour me and post some interior pics?

T-Bar
03-31-2006, 06:30 PM
give into temptation lol, anyhow as for interior pics i dont have any at the moment, if we get another nice day I guess i can snap a few, the leathers are MINT and have never even been conditioned, I can only imagine how well they would look then. As far as interior goes all that is out of the ordinary is the condition of the leathers, the momo wheel, and the shift knob and boot out of a newer MKIV vw, also the cluster has been done custom airbrushed the needles red instead of white, and changed the backlight of the cluster to red instead of green, looks awesome at night, and during the day the red needles look really nice too.

T-Bar
04-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Common, somebody must wanna Vr for this Summer :cool:

JohnnyBlaze
04-01-2006, 06:42 PM
Got Any Interior Pics?????

AmaRu
04-01-2006, 07:09 PM
I know this guy, that vr is mint. That would be in my driveway if he was selling before i found my rado. Good luck with the sale.

Tommy Boy
04-01-2006, 08:14 PM
wat problems are included with this car? anything might need repairing or replacing soon?

T-Bar
04-01-2006, 08:17 PM
This motor runs like a clock, one of the healthiest Vr's around, alot of life left in this motor and European Speed Sport can vouch for me on that. The full swap still has less than 90K, the only thing i would suggest is a set of front pads in the next month or so but other than that It doesnt need a thing.

Tommy Boy
04-01-2006, 08:18 PM
how r these cars for maintanence and gas mileage (how much to fill up and how far does it go on a full tank)?

T-Bar
04-01-2006, 09:14 PM
for maintenance, just run good fluids and she will always be good to you, all the major concerns have already been adressed, a new waterpump, belts, clutch (less than 3K on it) clutch slave, t-stat all that good stuff. Gas wise, its not a pig but its no hyundai either, if you plan on driving it hard all day everyday you'll notice the gas consumption, but regular hwy and city driving its really good actually, at gas prices today your looking at about 45 bucks to fill on sunoco 94. Any other questions feel free to ask, I'd say on a full tank of gas I honestly couldnt tell you, ive never been one to keep track, but i'd say in the ball park of 450 km

Soldo
04-01-2006, 09:37 PM
ya 450 clicks on a tank sounds about right (buddy had one).... not a huge fan of golfs, but this one is lookin right!

Tommy Boy
04-02-2006, 02:01 PM
so the stock engine in this car was a 4 cyl and now there is a 6 cyl in it?
how are the tires as well?

T-Bar
04-02-2006, 03:14 PM
Yes, the stock Engine in the car was a 4cyl 2.0L 8v, and now in its place is a 2.8L 12v VR6. As for the tires they are in pretty good shape they are just some avg BFG all seasons, In the summer i was planning to go with either a Falken azenis or Ziex both very good tires, have used falken in the past and have never been unhappy. I think you should come check it out Tommy Boy, i can answer all your questions then.

T-Bar
04-02-2006, 03:15 PM
ya 450 clicks on a tank sounds about right (buddy had one).... not a huge fan of golfs, but this one is lookin right!

Thanks Soldo

Tommy Boy
04-02-2006, 04:09 PM
i would love to purchase a car like this but there are acouple factors that prevent me from doing so. I drive a 97 neon, its been good to me and i still drive this car everyday but i promised my self that my next car would be a newer car that comes with a warranty. I was thinking of a 2003 - 2005 cavalier or sunfire, or something along those lines so it comes with a warranty. I am one of those ppl that worry about my car breaking down so to have a warranty is crucial.

But on the other hand ive worked hard to save my money and i want a car that is sick looking and fun to drive.
So this is my dilemma, do i play it safe and get a newer car that is OK with warranty but nothing special, or do i take a chance and buy a SICK car (likes yours )or a bmw? when i even dream about doing this i worry about spending all my money on repairs and stuff or it breaking down and me wasting my money. u understand? and this is why i have a shit load of cash and still driving my POS neon cause i dont know what to do....

T-Bar
04-02-2006, 05:04 PM
well i see where your coming from, and i can assure you this car will never leave you stranded, or on the side of a road somewhere, everything that is common to go on these cars has been addressed already, and not long ago so your in the clear for quite sometime before you'd have to spend any money on this car, like i said maybe some front pads in the near near future but thats all. The only money you'll be spending on the car is to make it even faster, a nice set of CAT CAMS would really be awesome in this car, and that was definately on my to do list. read the post again and look at everything that has been replaced and if and when we meet i can run down for you everything i've changed and improved, repaired and renewed. Like i said earlier the powertain in this car is bulletproof, the only thing that seperates this car from a newer one driving wise, is the odd small rattle from using a full urethane motor/tranny mount kit, but the way the car drives with them is a HUUUGE improvement over the stockies, which i still have available if you ever would want to swap back. I think its gonna come down to you coming to see it and going for a ride, im sure you'll love it, vr's have that effect:D

T-Bar
04-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Also when buying a new car, (depending on what your looking for) having a warranty isnt so great in some cases, depending on what type of car your looking for customer service is terrible and they will make a stink about it not being covered especially if you plan modding it at all whatsoever, I would not base the purchase of your next vehicle solely on warranty, you have to love the car dude, thats what makes it, at the end of the day i'd be happier knowing i was driving a car i loved and was a blast to drive then getting free oil changes every 7K and free light bulbs when mine burn out. but hey, thats just my $0.02

T-Bar
04-03-2006, 04:02 PM
just as a feeler, i may also consider trades for an E36 plus cash, 325 or 328 coupe and def gotta be 5spd. I really have my heart set on an E30 but may be willing to entertain trades plus cash on an E36.

Fe9L
04-03-2006, 08:52 PM
goodluck on the sale..this golf looks clean!!

T-Bar
04-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Thanks man, I got your IM Negative on that sorry

T-Bar
04-04-2006, 01:29 PM
*th-up* for Narrow Angled Weaponry

T-Bar
04-05-2006, 03:39 PM
Tommy boy, interested in coming to see this machine?

T-Bar
04-06-2006, 03:55 PM
*wiggle*

Tommy Boy
04-06-2006, 08:23 PM
how come u said u need this car gone because u have a truck and dont have space, yet u will trade for a e30....why would u want an old e30 as a daily driven car but not this car ur selling..confused

OTTO
04-06-2006, 11:42 PM
interested in selling the rims on the side?

T-Bar
04-07-2006, 12:51 AM
nope, if your inquiring about the Longbeaches they were sold a long time ago

T-Bar
04-07-2006, 01:07 AM
how come u said u need this car gone because u have a truck and dont have space, yet u will trade for a e30....why would u want an old e30 as a daily driven car but not this car ur selling..confused

well i drive the truck for work, and use and abuse it, daily i dont want a car like this to commute and what not this use to be my toy, once and a while on a nice day enjoy it, go for drives, i'd much rather sell the car entirely and buy an older domestic car that will cost me peanuts to drive daily, the trade was more to gauge interest and that i've always had a soft spot for the e30, and i wouldnt mind driving one daily, and later well much later down the road restore it and do like an m50 swap or something

T-Bar
04-09-2006, 03:43 PM
BuMp

BMWags
04-09-2006, 03:49 PM
well mine has an M50 swap, im reluctant as hell right now to trade or anything...id liek to see some int pics tho...it looks nice from here..... send me a PM with ur email if ya want

Mr seville
04-09-2006, 10:13 PM
do you still have those rims and are they for sale

T-Bar
04-10-2006, 02:14 PM
no i dont they were sold a long time ago, somebody has already asked that in this thread.

T-Bar
04-13-2006, 09:44 PM
:cool: vr goodness :cool:

Tommy Boy
04-13-2006, 09:57 PM
so if some one doesnt buy it your going to part it out, is that wat is says at the start of the thread..u say something about 'pulling stuff out of the car for ppl'

T-Bar
04-14-2006, 01:07 AM
that was an option, i had a serious buyer for the complete rolling chassis, so i was going to pull the FULL VR swap and sell it complete. Thats still a major feeler because to tear apart a car that is in perfect working order is just a shame, only reason i decided on offering that as an option was alot of people were looking for either a shell or a swap.

T-Bar
04-15-2006, 01:12 PM
*th-up*

T-Bar
04-17-2006, 02:42 AM
Easter BuMp :D

T-Bar
04-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Price drop, $8000

T-Bar
04-21-2006, 06:57 PM
There is alot of interest being shown in my full swap so i may be pulling it soon, the shell will be available, wont find a better candidate for a swap just dump a motor in and go!

T-Bar
04-27-2006, 12:59 PM
BuMp

Tommy Boy
04-27-2006, 06:07 PM
why are u trying not to part this car out? will you make more or less if u sell it in parts? when was the last time u drove it?(is it collection dust lol)

BMW BMXer
04-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Tom stop being a prickless idiot, if you want the car, man up and go look at it.

Tommy Boy
04-28-2006, 06:07 PM
haha im called a pussy

T-Bar
04-29-2006, 06:07 PM
im trying to not part it out for two reasong mainly, the first being i dont wanna tear apart what i took pride in building, 2 i dont want the hassles of having to part it out. As far as money is concerned id be able to fetch quite a bit of money. I've been patient up until now and more than willing to answer all of your questions, I drive it almost everyday, no it isnt collecting dust. If your serious I think you should come see it, if you know what your looking for you will not be dissappointed.

T-Bar
05-04-2006, 11:21 PM
Bump

T-Bar
05-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Sold