PDA

View Full Version : BIMMERCRUIZE '02 opinions needed.....

EMPOWERD
01-23-2002, 03:21 PM
People that are familiar with last years BimmerCruize '01 will know the small problems that we encoutered holding the event. Straight_6, '88 325e and I are looking for suggestions to make this year's event bigger and better than last. We realize that a big part of this depends on LOCATION. The participants that took part in the actual Cruize all agreed that Kelso park (Milton) was the perfect location for the show and shine. If this is the case, entrance/show fees can be kept to a minimal while the location continues to be picturesque and safe for the entire family. The Cruize can consist of a short departure from the park, and then returned again.... OR.... meeting up somewhere downtown (in the morning) and THEN cruize to Kelso. Since MaxBimmer will be a large sponsor at the event; Dave, Kevin and I would appreciate some feed back from you guys.

Do you want......

-female models to pose on cars?
-live DJ?
-prizes/trophies?
-more vendors?
-open to other cars?
-Bar-B-Que or Pizza?
-Sunday or Saturday?
-another location?... where?
-if so, an AUTOCROSS?
-starting/ending time?

The more input, the better the result.... help us out.

Thanks...

P.S. I found out the hard way that there's no alcohol allowed.*par-t*

empowerd (Randy S.)
'88 325e (Dave S.)
straight_6 (Kevin K.)

Gamite
01-23-2002, 04:34 PM
Well definately FOOOOD.. I'd be more enjoyable as like a picnic of some sort.

Vendors are good..

But I think the key is to keep the prices at a minimum.. I'm cool with paying for food and stuff, but I think some will be weary of paying for other stuff that they might now want.

I dunno about you randy, but no girls are gonna come pose beside my limo.. hehe..

As for location, I think lots of people like the kelso idea, I havent been there in a while, so I dont know how it is. But I think the idea of being able to cruise around that area is better than a cruise on the highway, since we're going more slowly, we can get better videos, someone can actually stand beside the cars as we go by.. and I believe, less traffic lights. :)

as for prizes, randy your gonna win them all anyways.. hehe

330DTM
01-23-2002, 05:05 PM
Being a participant of the event last year as an observer, I think some of the ideas you brought up were good.

I really don't mind about BBQ or Pizza. Having both is even better :P

I'd love to see an autocross event! that would definitely attract attention, yet allow some ppl. to get a feel of what autocrossing's about.

I think Sunday would be better, but Saturday is fine with me.

Location sounds great, haven't been to Kelso, but yea if everyone thinks it's good, i'm in for it.

And i think that many ppl. would prefer to keep the enterance fees down as possible. No offense, but I thought Importfest @ the Skydome was a total ripoff for the money i paid!

We definitely could use a cruise event! But not such that everyone will take off and leave the others behind. We need some video footage, so definitely a cruise is a must. :P (Me and my video camera).

Having vendors and models are great, just as long as the cost isn't too high:P

By the way, is the bimmer cruise going to be held during July or August???

EMPOWERD
01-23-2002, 05:31 PM
These are some of the issues currently on the table.....

If we DO the autocross, it'll have to be held in a private parking lot and insurance will have to be bought (raising the price:( ) and time will be an issue for an actual Cruize. If there are enough people interested, maybe in the early summer we can hold a BimmerCross '02? It's up to the people. As for now, I don't think it'll happen at BimmerCruize. I'd like to have prizes/trophies to hand out, but the cost of the event will dictate that. WHAT DO YOU FIND FAIR $$$ ? Is $10 ok? Is $15 too much (keep in mind the volume of people attending vs. Importfest.... can we say tight margin?) If we do the cruize in the afternoon, I bet we'll loose a lot of people from returning to the show and shine (not literally loose, but lack of further interest rather) so maybe the cruize TO Kelso looks like a better idea in the morning. The cars will all be grouped/parked according to model/era and Sunday sounds like the better day.

further comments?

330DTM
01-23-2002, 05:43 PM
Okay, so I guess we can't have an autocross event.

Hmm, I kinda think $10 is more than enough. I mean where is the money going towards, besides the food if there is?

And I think it is a better idea to meet up somewhere and all cruise to Kelso, that way if ppl. want to leave earlier, they can if they wish.

In terms of timing, I guess the cruise should start a bit after 12 or 1pm for example. That way, those that sleep in can show up for the cruise in time, well hopefully :P

Bliss
01-23-2002, 05:55 PM
I think pizza or bbq would be good, either one is fine. I'm leaning more towards pizza though. haha. anyways Trophies would be a really cool idea. You can have those who want their car entered into the competition to pay a fee. I think if it's gonna be open to other cars, maybe narrow it down to only euro, or lux, or something in that area. women are ALWAYS good, and the event i think should be held on a Sunday, cuz you know more people will show. Before the cruise down to Kelso, i think we should all meet up somewhere like you said, like downtown. somewhere where it's not gonna be too chaotic.

Gamite
01-23-2002, 06:59 PM
$10 sounds good to me as long as I get fooood.

330DTM
01-23-2002, 07:16 PM
oh yea, one thing to add. I like Bliss's idea. Not trying to sound cheap, but Bliss has a good point. Those who want to enter their cars to win a trophie, should pay a fee :P

Although, spectators or those that come to watch should not pay a fee, except for food if required.

If that is possible with you guys....

Lil'Smoothie
01-23-2002, 07:21 PM
female models to pose on cars? -yes please
-live DJ? -yes please
-prizes/trophies? -yes please
-more vendors? -cool
-open to other cars? -not for display, I'd rather only bimmers for show
-Bar-B-Que or Pizza? -either
-Sunday or Saturday? -sat
-another location?... where? -kelso location is a good choice
-if so, an AUTOCROSS? -cool
-starting/ending time? -start during the day, while there is sunlight

SickFinga
01-23-2002, 07:39 PM
-female models to pose on cars? YES
-live DJ? YES and more JUNGLE MUSIC!!!!:)
-prizes/trophies? YEAH
-more vendors? YEAH
-open to other cars? BMW ONLY:)
-Bar-B-Que or Pizza? doesn't matter
-Sunday or Saturday? SAT
-another location?... where? ANYWHERE
-if so, an AUTOCROSS? yeah
-starting/ending time? anytime

330DTM
01-23-2002, 08:27 PM
although woodbine and 16th is more convient for me.. are you sure they'll be spaces there? I mean, ok it's a sunday and therefore less cars. But then again, having it there, man that will definitely ATTRACT attention. don't know if that's good or not to you guys, but it will.

SickFinga
01-23-2002, 09:04 PM
Yeah woodbine and 16th ave is pretty close to me. I live at Bathrust and 16th.
but i don't think this is a good place to meet.

AzN_E46
01-23-2002, 09:50 PM
i'd like it close
even though i can't drive yet
waste less gas:rolleyes: and more convenient for everybody....i guess.

Dirtyman
01-23-2002, 10:19 PM
I think kelso was a good place last year. hopefully more people will show up cause we lost some cars when it was time to bounce from Centenial. Maybe we can meet somewhere at a certian time and leave about a hour or so later for the cruise. Sunday is good, meet at around 11am but not to late.
I like bbq (to bad no BEER)
Just BMW's
vendors sounds good
prizes and trophies ok
live dj (assorted beats)
$10 addmission fee
(these are all opinions ):idea:
I m sure randy ,kevin and dave will come up with something good!
Last year seam to be a succes*th-up*

addbhp
01-23-2002, 11:49 PM
female models to pose on cars? -sure, (won't tell wife)
-live DJ? - Sure
-prizes/trophies? -yes please
-more vendors? -cool
-open to other cars? -No
-Bar-B-Que or Pizza? -either
-Sunday or Saturday? -sun
-another location?... where? -kelso location is a good choice Lots of things to do in summer, including swimming at a small (clean) lake (Okay I admit it's 15 minutes from my house).
-if so, an AUTOCROSS? -No Space at Kelso
-starting/ending time? -start during the day, while there is sunlight

Instead of a Autocross, how about a fun rally (Answer questions along designated route based on things you've driven by), or just cruize around some amazing roads in the area (Niagara Escarpment).

EMPOWERD
01-24-2002, 12:38 AM
Mark,

Of all the events and things I've done with various clubs... I've never done a fun rally and wouldn't know where to start. That might be a strong possibility (read: need help). The cruize last year ended at Kelso from a pleasant drive in the country side. We had to change the route because they spread gravel on the escarpment roads the weekend before, but maybe this year they won't (I ride my bike around that area all the time... Campbellville)

djcontra
01-24-2002, 01:43 PM
Sorry i'm late in replying to this :

Do you want......

Sure! My gf is a lovely 18yo asian girl who would most likely pose for some of the cars (or at least mine =)

-live DJ?

I could dj, but you wouldn't like it being jungle n all =)
you could just rent a P.A. system and play some mix cd's, i think that'd be enough to keep cost down.
this isn't importfest sized (yet that is =)

-prizes/trophies?

Free accessories and stickers as prizes and runner ups!

-more vendors?

yes lots of vendors, and maybe a garage sale of used parts for sure!

-open to other cars?

I think that'd be cool, as long as they're in a different section all together. I wouldn't want my car to have to suffer sitting amongst hondas =)

-Bar-B-Que or Pizza?

How about pot luck?

-Sunday or Saturday?

Whatever has the best weather, we need a rain date i think just in case. I will have to take the day off work either way, so it doesn't matter to me =)

-another location?... where?

never been there, whatever works =)

-if so, an AUTOCROSS?

haha, should i be afraid of breaking something? expect me to have the lowest time never having done it before, but i guess it's all in good fun =)

-starting/ending time?

noon to 8pm?
i dont know if you like the show to go on while it's dark to gawk at people's angel eyes and hid's for a bit?

We need tons of free giveaways too. Magazines, stickers, lots of stickers (they add horsepower!!), and maybe some t-shirts and seatbelt shoulder pads

FC in TO
01-24-2002, 07:29 PM
Do you want......

>> SURE

-live DJ?
>> OK

-prizes/trophies?
>> YES

-more vendors?
>> SURE, why not?

-open to other cars?
>> YES (there are many NICER cars than BMWs out there) and NO(you guys probably don't want an army of non-BMs stealing the show).

-Bar-B-Que or Pizza?
>>BBQ Plz. :)

-Sunday or Saturday?
>>Depends, but I prefer Saturday

-if so, an AUTOCROSS?
>>a BIG YES if you can pulled this one off. I personally do not mind a slight increase in entry fee if we get to autoX. Keep us updated on this one. 'Drift Challenge' guys? :)

-starting/ending time?
>> Before noon to afternoon

One more Q Randy and others, when (aprox month and date) is Bimmercruize going to be? Any ideas/prposals?

Thanks for organizing,

Phantom
01-25-2002, 04:13 AM
Don't know if everyone will agree to this Randy, but I think it'll be kind of neat if everyone had a paper name tag on arrival at the meet with our screen names on the tags. This eliminates asking who's who and creates a rather interesting atmosphere as we all get to see the faces behind the fancy Bimmer screen names. Just a thought. :)

'88 325e
01-25-2002, 09:21 AM
Thats an excellent idea! We should have a spot for your screen name, real name, and which board you use (ie: maXbimmer, dtmpower, bimmer.org, bimmerforums, and so on). We want to promote people to talk to each other. So the stock owner could approach the highly modded owner for advice and what not.

'88 325e
01-25-2002, 09:34 AM
Here is a pic of the entrance @ Kelso

FC in TO
01-25-2002, 10:10 AM
Hi Phantom&Dave.

Yes, that would be a neat ideal (the name tag).

Also, when are you guys thinking about hosting Bimmercruise? Spring? Summer? Fall? I was busy and missed it last year. I would definitely like to join this time.

Thnx,

EMPOWERD
01-25-2002, 10:38 AM
I think we're looking at a date sometime at the end of July when bad weather isn't as frequent and people have more time while on vacation. The name tags are a great idea, but I don't think the autocross is going to happen at the Cruize... maybe a seperate event in itself. I might even be able to pull some strings over at PBMW and get them to write a small blurb for us.

theblue
01-25-2002, 11:02 AM
since this board is called "MAX"bimmer can I bring my maxima *drunk*

EMPOWERD
01-25-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by theblue
since this board is called "MAX"bimmer can I bring my maxima *drunk*

Abolutely! You're an avid member and deserve to be there as much as the next person. We'll even try and have a non-BMW trophy class available for those special competitors.;)

theblue
01-25-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by empowerd
Abolutely! You're an avid member and deserve to be there as much as the next person. We'll even try and have a non-BMW trophy class available for those special competitors.;) sweet... I will have my new wheels and NOS system on by then

mike125k
01-26-2002, 03:50 PM
Food is a definate. Pizza sounds good. Models are always a plus too! I think $10 would be a fair price to include food/beverages for it. I read about last years Bimmercruize on Roadfly.com and it sounded like a ton of fun, so I can't wait till this years when I can actually come to it.

mike
91 318is

ThE bRoWn GuY
01-26-2002, 05:27 PM
Hey Dave, were you in Toronto yetserday? I saw a bimmer like that of your sig.. near the skydome.. Friday.

later

'88 325e
01-26-2002, 05:29 PM
I was looking to hook up with some guy's from here and drive to Speed-o-rama. Well I couldn't find 'em and I eventually made it to the show.

ThE bRoWn GuY
01-26-2002, 06:20 PM
Nice ride man!! I was the brown guy that walked in front of you ride with my gfriend while you just parked at the back of the skydome... remember? :)

'88 325e
01-26-2002, 08:04 PM
I was so bored out of my mind waiting for those guys! LOL! :D

Slowered318
01-29-2002, 02:28 AM
Bimmercruize 01 was pretty nice.. Thanks Randy, Kevin, Dave and everyone else for putting that on. Its nice to see i'm in the video too :P but I feel we all spent too much time in that crouded parking lot! I know it's really hard to have everyone meet up at the same time so if were gonna use Kelso again we should meet there first have some eats look at all the cars. Then for thoes who don't have to be somewhere that evening should all cruize up to a more public location.

Also it would be sweet to have a professional to take pictures of our cars at Kelso. At a cost of course. And a small fee for food about $5 and a $10 fee for thoes who want to enter a judged event with catigorys that almost every car would have a chance of winning.. that would be fun. no cash prize but maybe a window sticker or a shirt that we can keep.

Hope to see you all there!

Ryan

mogie
01-29-2002, 09:57 PM
Hmmm what about near Krispy Kreme???:rolleyes:

mmmmm

Usic
01-29-2002, 10:04 PM
Is it Cool if its on a sunday?

I couldn't make it last year because it was on a sat(i think...)
and i work on sat.

If it has to be on sat I could probably take it off as long as I'm not booked for that sat...M/benz owners expect everything delivered on time.

SWHEEEET
02-06-2002, 01:01 AM
Here is what I think...

- Yes, to models. Maybe even tke pics of all the participating cars and post them on this website.
- A DJ could be a waste if everyone ends up playing "DJ" on their bimmer stereos
- Yes, to Trophies, voted by other bimmer owners only
- Yes, to other cars
- Sunday
- 11 - 5

Keep in mind I am new at this.... :D

Eurostyle
02-11-2002, 12:57 AM
Open to other cars!!!!! do we realy need to see Civics at the only BMW event!!!!
P.S last year was great! We NEED to do it again and GET EVEN MORE people!

Usic
02-11-2002, 11:51 PM
Civics? Unless they have some wild setup that I haven't seen....or a really nicely done up one they shouldn't be there (no lights on washer jets please!!)

But my brothers Audi coupe Gt with a KKK turbocharger running 15psi should be ok...cars that not to many other people have. Or if my 1984 EURO M/Benz 380sel that is already lowered, gets the blower under the hood maybe?

mikel
02-14-2002, 06:29 PM
Is that in Vermont. Seems a little to far for us NYers

EMPOWERD
02-14-2002, 07:54 PM
....actually it's in Toronto. We had enthusiasts come all the way from Pennsylvannia (I know that doesn't mean much)

ryee
02-15-2002, 12:01 AM
so when is the cruise gonna be around? and are they gonna be any anytime soon in march april if weather gets better?

BLACKKNIGHT
02-15-2002, 01:51 AM
Hey guys

I think if you go to Kelso park, Maybe we can go to hutches(Hamilton Beach) later on. On sunday nights its always a car show

niko_gt
03-10-2002, 08:38 PM
Randy (& Everyone else) , I'm new to this maxbimmer site, but its all good, im learning, i met you at Krispy Kreme on march 1st, in the lowered benz. I'm Tony's godbrother, remember?

I've got a couple of friends with some nice bimmers, down in oakville, new ones, old ones, all good. They all wanna come out for this event.

I say for the female models.. we bring some damn good lookin girls along with us to ride shotgun.

Dj sounds alright,
for food, we shuold get a franchise like tim hortans or pizza pizza to bring one of them trailers down or something.? (just thoughts)
Should be a sunday for sure..
Trophies sound good. It should be good

'88 325e
03-10-2002, 10:38 PM
Welcome to maX! Thank you for the responce and if you could tell your friends about this page and link (if you haven't already). We have to maximize the word of mouth advertising for the show and it will be greatly appreciated! *th-up* I'm really looking forward to the show this year so keep your eye for details!

L8R,
Dave
*devil*

Spartiatis
03-11-2002, 02:00 AM
My father owns a Mr. Sub in Burlington. If you guys like subs, I would be happy to give you guys subs at a low price to keep the cost down. Thats if you guys like subs. Just an idea.

EMPOWERD
03-11-2002, 02:40 AM
Thanks a lot Spartiatas, We'll keep that in mind when the time comes.

Randy

SickFinga
03-11-2002, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Spartiatis
My father owns a Mr. Sub in Burlington. If you guys like subs, I would be happy to give you guys subs at a low price to keep the cost down. Thats if you guys like subs. Just an idea.

is it where the guy lost tons of pounds? if yes subs would be cool I gotta loose weight :D

EMPOWERD
03-11-2002, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by SickFingas

is it where the guy lost tons of pounds? if yes subs would be cool I gotta loose weight :D

NO MORE BLACK FOREST CAKE FOR YOU!!

'88 325e
03-11-2002, 11:19 AM
That sounds like a great idea! I could go for a nice sub right now! LOL! I'm pretty shure that Randy and Kevin will greatly consider it. Keep those ideas commin' people!!!

L8R,
Dave
*devil*

SickFinga
03-11-2002, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by empowerd

NO MORE BLACK FOREST CAKE FOR YOU!!
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN
:D

'88 325e
03-11-2002, 12:06 PM
How about a Black forest cake for best M3 4-door? LOL! SickFingas you will have to share with me since it is my idea! He He He

BLACKKNIGHT
03-12-2002, 12:43 AM
hey spartiatis

I know you.......

You guys got the Mr.Sub on fairview.....Right?

and you got a silver M6

Spartiatis
03-12-2002, 03:55 AM
Yes thats us*wave*

'88 325e
03-22-2002, 11:56 PM
Had to bump the post for the newbies to comment! Lets hear 'em! *th-up*

Will 00=[][]=00
03-23-2002, 08:20 PM
Might I suggest an organized meeting place for out-of-town attendees. I am unfamiliar with the TO area. We in the Ottawa BMW Club have been hooking up with the Montreal Chapter and it seems that, while we all like the show and shine stuff, what we really like to do is drive. We just need a decent route and a reasonable reason to convince the brides there will be shopping and food.

'88 325e
03-23-2002, 08:44 PM
We had guys from Pensylvania, Michigan, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Thorold, etc...

I had personally organized a cruize from Niagara Falls to the show. If you guys from Ottawa want to come down we can give you detailed maps so you can organize a cruize! Sound good? Keep an eye for details or e-mail one of us about the show.

L8R,
Dave

InfinitiStyle
03-25-2002, 10:08 PM
Hmm DJ's would be a bit costly.... Food is excellent! Im gonna come 4 sure! But i wont enter my car in... its a bone stock I30.. ah well.. soon time ill start the modding..

SickFinga
03-25-2002, 11:04 PM
I can get turntables and djs. but djs are newbies.
also they spin only jungle.
and we'll need bad ass amp and speakers.

M54TU Schnitzer
03-26-2002, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by '88 325e
We had guys from Pensylvania, Michigan, Hamilton, Niagara Falls, Thorold, etc...

I had personally organized a cruize from Niagara Falls to the show. If you guys from Ottawa want to come down we can give you detailed maps so you can organize a cruize! Sound good? Keep an eye for details or e-mail one of us about the show.

L8R,
Dave

Is there any cruize from Markham or Richmond Hill area??
foood..foood.. I want Sub. :D
*par-t*
*par-t*
*par-t*
*par-t*

E36COMPACT
03-26-2002, 02:49 AM
New to the site, just got my first bimmer (96TI) and never been to BIMMERCRUIZ, but it sounds like a good time....were there any compacts at last years event???

M54TU Schnitzer
03-26-2002, 03:00 AM
Hey.. welcome on board, E36COMPACT *wave*

mm.. but I can't remember is there any compacts in last year events... sorry

I think Randy will be able to tell u.

E36COMPACT
03-26-2002, 03:31 AM
thanks M54TU, nice car by the way!

EricE330ci
03-27-2002, 04:14 PM
Hey Guys,

I've been a long time lurker and now a recent 330ci owner.
I'll make sure to attend this years Bimmercruze but my car will mostly be stock so I won't be entering any of the events. Just want to meet up with you guys and the E46Toronto group just to talk and look at each others cars.

'88 325e
03-29-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by EricE330ci
I'll make sure to attend this years Bimmercruze but my car will mostly be stock so I won't be entering any of the events.

Eric,

There should be a stock class for the show. We had alot of stock cars show up to the show. We really want to promote all BMW's to come. Kinda like a big information session (stock guys can talk to the guys who have done the stuff to thier car already and what to do) to help out the "beginner modder". Well hope you have a good time on maX and see you at the show!

L8R,
Dave

P.S.: Tell all your friends about the show! Word of mouth advertising is the best because it is free! Thanx!

M-ATTACK
03-31-2002, 09:48 PM
TROPHIES:P

'88 325e
04-16-2002, 11:40 AM
Hello guys and new members!,

I think since the warm weather has blessed us it is time to start working on Bimmercruize '02. If you are a new member and have not heard of Bimmercruize, then here is the story!

I went to one of the car shows at the International Trade Center by Pearson International Airport about 3 years ago. I was with a couple of friends and we are walking into the import section. Then "BLAMO"! I see Randy's (empowered) car! My jaw hit the floor and I was instantly in love with the E30 cars.

Then some time after the show I was browsing on the net and came accross Randy's Photopoint account. I started to e-mail him questions and we eventually swaped phone numbers. Well I mentioned that I would love to see a BMW only car show in Southern Ontario because I have never heard of any, and Randy replied that he and Straight_6 had the same idea! Well LET'S DO IT! Well lets cut to the chase here. The first show was called Bimmercruize '01 and we kinda left it last minute due to some unforseen problems. It was a hit and we had 83 BMW show up! All from the new Z8 to early 1970's 2002's!

Well I will spare the other details due to boringness (<-- I know it is not a real word! LOL! )

I have been posting pictures on Bimmerforums since alot of guys on there are from the states and I would like to tap into that huge "area" for cars. So if you want to see pics click on this link! ----> http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26047

So lets hear those IDEAS and all are welcome! Thanx for your time and lets spread the word!

L8R,
Dave
*devil*

ThE bRoWn GuY
04-17-2002, 04:59 AM
I heard a rumour that a '71 3.0cs may be comming... hehe :)