PDA

View Full Version : 1992 525i no power? fusable link fine.

eurorice
03-10-2006, 08:27 PM
I have a 92 525i and it is not getting power battery is fine. Could it be a relay? I need a diagram too if anybody can help it is appriciated.

Justin e36
03-11-2006, 05:31 AM
the entire car is getting no power, at all?
check your terminals for corrosion, both on the battery, and the cables. you can use a baking soda + water mix to clean your terminals.

if they're both fine, then what happens when you hook up the battery under your hood (instead of to the terminals under the seat)? (+ to the + jumper terminal and - grounded to your chassis)?

still no power? then what happens when you connect your battery directly to your fuse box?

Fern
04-05-2006, 04:46 PM
I have a 92 525i and it is not getting power battery is fine. Could it be a relay? I need a diagram too if anybody can help it is appriciated.

When you say not getting power...
I suppose you opened the vehicle door and or turned on the lights and noted nothing comes on, even after you tested the battery directly at the terminals?:confused:

What happend shortly prior to your noticing the problem?
ie: was the car in storage, etc... did it die as you were driving it, were you trying to boost your own or another car and sparks resulted, etc...

Thinking engine grounds bad or ECU fried??:confused:

Need more info.

eurorice
05-01-2006, 12:26 PM
it turned out to be a simple relay thank for the imput