PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Gurus ... pls help.

WASABI
10-22-2002, 08:05 PM
Can you please change the color of the hood (yes just the hood) to something as close to carbon fiber as possible. Like a dark grey, maybe even black. I'm curious how it would look. please.:)

Jon@Bimmersport
10-22-2002, 08:12 PM
my mouse wouldnt go smoothly!!

mkgino
10-22-2002, 08:14 PM
wow that looks like crap, Jon you getting lazy. BTW if I ever got carbon fiber anything I would definately get it painted, I dont like it without paint.

Jon@Bimmersport
10-22-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by mkgino
wow that looks like crap, Jon you getting lazy. BTW if I ever got carbon fiber anything I would definately get it painted, I dont like it without paint.

i agree..lol, except with the painting part...it all depends on the colour...would you paint c/f hood on white car? not a bimmer but say like a civic? it suites it...for that jdm type-r look

WASABI
10-22-2002, 08:17 PM
ROFLMAO ... :D I could have done that myself, get that sh*t out of here. notice I asked for Gurus;) . c'mon now.*thmbsdwn*

niko_gt
10-22-2002, 08:47 PM
jon.. that was a terrible painting job... consider urself fired
i could do better with tremclad

Razkal
10-22-2002, 08:50 PM
Hey Jas,

I felt so bad for the work that Jon gave ya :moon: so I jumped on Photoshop really quick and did this for u...

Jon@Bimmersport
10-22-2002, 09:51 PM
lol! hahahaha...common guys, it aint THAT bad...considering i dont do paint jobs in photoshop....razkal thats a sick job tho! of course it'll look a lot better in person.....saj328 go for it! it goes with your mouldings and rims! if it dont look right then just paint it, c/f hood is well worth it

mkgino
10-22-2002, 10:09 PM
I actually hate carbon fiber, I dont see what is so good about it. On a light car you change the way it flows, getting a nasty contrast, and it looks cheezy. I put a cf hood, on par with the little light bulbs that you can put on the winshield jets that squirt out the fluid to whipe your winshield. Same way I was glad ROB89M3 painted his mirrors, I would paint anything that I would get that is carbon fiber. If I was to get cf anything it would only be for weight reduction, more than looks. I mean a BMW is a $60000 dollar car (depending on model) and just the thought of putting that type of crap on it makes me want to barf----->:puke: But like always, to each his own.

Jon@Bimmersport
10-22-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by mkgino
I actually hate carbon fiber, I dont see what is so good about it. On a light car you change the way it flows, getting a nasty contrast, and it looks cheezy. I put a cf hood, on par with the little light bulbs that you can put on the winshield jets that squirt out the fluid to whipe your winshield. Same way I was glad ROB89M3 painted his mirrors, I would paint anything that I would get that is carbon fiber. If I was to get cf anything it would only be for weight reduction, more than looks. I mean a BMW is a $60000 dollar car (depending on model) and just the thought of putting that type of crap on it makes me want to barf----->:puke: But like always, to each his own.

what about race m3's? mostly all of them ARE carbon fibre i think, or mostly have carbon fibre parts

mkgino
10-22-2002, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover

what about race m3's? mostly all of them ARE carbon fibre i think, or mostly have carbon fibre parts

Yeah it is great for the weight reduction, but I dont like it man, to have an all painted car and then a cf hood? It doesnt flow nicely, and looks bad In my opinion.

Gamite
10-22-2002, 11:52 PM
jasper needs blacked out kidneys.

:D

mkgino
10-23-2002, 12:42 AM
Wow, anything worse than putting a cf hoon on and not painting it would definately to take away BMW's amazing chrome trim on their kidneys.......*no-no*

Slowered318
10-23-2002, 01:33 AM
what are you doing.. that car looks like someone jumped on his hood and he replaced it with one off a metallic black E36. and the chrome is all chipped off the grill.

blacked out.. NO WAY add more chrome..

chrome up in the grill.. chrome factory bbs 14's.. ahhh yeah!! bling bling

Slowered318
10-23-2002, 01:48 AM
sorry i forgot a few important details

e36_freak
10-23-2002, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Slowered318
sorry i forgot a few important details

whoa buddy that's alot of chrome...

there is something called overdoing it.....
LoL
looks interesting tho....

WASABI
10-23-2002, 10:32 AM
Thanks Sanj and Julian *th-up* Jon I don't know about you sometimes *shiner* *mumble* :D . It doesn't look to bad, but not that good either. thanks guys.*smoke* Have you guys seen Eddie Farcon's widebody e36? Entire car is carbon fiber. crazy a$$ loot!

Gamite
10-23-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by saj328
Thanks Sanj and Julian *th-up* Jon I don't know about you sometimes *shiner* *mumble* :D . It doesn't look to bad, but not that good either. thanks guys.*smoke* Have you guys seen Eddie Farcon's widebody e36? Entire car is carbon fiber. crazy a$$ loot!

yeah, I think we saw it at Bimmerfest (NYC), all except the roof is CF.

SickFinga
10-23-2002, 03:00 PM
I think putting non-painted carbon fiber hood is RICE.
wasup with that???? why do you want to make you hood to stand out.??? I look at it the same way I look at the unpainted primered kits. carbon fiber hood would look good on black car, where it at least matches the body color, on silver car it is nasty.

Anyone remember Manny G's car? silver 4 door m3 on dtmpower??
after the accident he installed cabron fiber hood, and it is NASTY!!!

In racing they use carbon fibre but it is PAINTED!!!

Anyone saj, don't do it please :D

Gamite
10-23-2002, 03:02 PM
personally, I like the painted CF hoods that you can still see the weave.

like this:

http://www.maxbimmer.com/bimmerfest/DSC00070.JPG

WASABI
10-23-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Gamite
personally, I like the painted CF hoods that you can still see the weave.

Yeah that red one from bimmercruise is pretty nice. Gamite can you do me one more favor, that color you used for the hood, can you do the entire car in that color, please.:)

Gamite
10-23-2002, 07:16 PM
here u go

WASABI
10-23-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Gamite
here u go

hehehe:D That car looked like it came from Grand Theft Auto. thanks.